Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Everyone completely comfortable with the dichotomous notion that one side is the goodie and the other side the baddie here?

I'm not
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

armaghniac

Quote from: theskull1 on May 27, 2024, 01:50:24 PMEveryone completely comfortable with the dichotomous notion that one side is the goodie and the other side the baddie here?

I'm not

No conflict is every entirely black and white and when the war starts there is some disreputable behaviour. But the Ukraine war is pretty black and white as wars go.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

theskull1

If you consider mainstream media trustworthy, I can see that being the case.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

burdizzo

On my 'newsfeed' a minute ago was "What countries will Putin invade next?". Some people gobble this rubbish up.

Jeepers Creepers

Anyway this particular conflict won't last long as Russia is running out of soldiers and ammo. Remember that one!?

armaghniac

Quote from: theskull1 on May 27, 2024, 02:06:44 PMIf you consider mainstream media trustworthy, I can see that being the case.

Why? In what way does "aminstream" media mislead us about Ukraine? Is there some other trustworthy media?

Quote from: burdizzo on May 27, 2024, 02:19:37 PMOn my 'newsfeed' a minute ago was "What countries will Putin invade next?". Some people gobble this rubbish up.

Invading other places seems unikely as Putin has his hands full, but that doesn't mean that he would not like to.

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 27, 2024, 02:20:04 PMAnyway this particular conflict won't last long as Russia is running out of soldiers and ammo. Remember that one!?

No rational person said that given the population of Russia. One wonders though why the Russian people, already living in the biggest country on earth, tolerate half a million casualties to capture a couple of rust bucket towns in Ukraine. Basic ammo will not run out, but Russia has lost quite a few ships and aircraft that it cannot replace quickly.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on May 27, 2024, 12:28:06 PM
Quote from: Lubo Moravcik on May 27, 2024, 07:34:36 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2024, 12:03:34 AMWell let's see, tactics over the years with various conflicts or wars have used indiscriminate bombs to create fear..

Doesn't mean it will impact change from the aggressors, in fact might have the opposite

You don't need to wait and see, Russia has been hitting civilians targets intentionally for over 2 years now. Including double tap strikes to kill first responders and those coming to help the wounded.

Ukraine hasn't adopted their 'strategy' and they aren't going to. In fact, every time Ukraine hits a high value Russian military target such as an airfield or ship watch out for the next shopping mall or marketplace packed with civilians to get obliterated. They think they can break the will of the Ukrainian civilian population, they are wrong.
I seriously doubt that MR2 has been following the war news from Ukraine, the weak justification offered for his statement that something may change in the future would suggest so.

On hitting military targets deep inside Russia, this recent hit takes the biscuit with aplomb, A drone traveled (a new world record) 1,800km "attacking the Voronezh M long-range ballistic missile target detection radar station located in the city of Orsk on 26 May"
This radar station offered some level of protection for a vast area of land  (thousands of kms) which includes Crimea.This station can detect ATTACKMS and for example f16 fighter planes (yet to arrive) but not Stormshadow missiles or drones.
This very effective softening up strategy by the AFU of hitting active  and passive Russian  defense systems continues unabated.
The 2 radar complexes that were hit, approx value $1bn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6masppIXd1w&t=54s

Ok..

Im watching the news, documentary's, clips online like anyone else.

What are you doing different?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lubo Moravcik

Quote from: theskull1 on May 27, 2024, 01:50:24 PMEveryone completely comfortable with the dichotomous notion that one side is the goodie and the other side the baddie here?

I'm not

No it seems you've reserved the dichotomous notion of 'goodie and baddie' status for the Palestine-Israel conflict. And not only you either.

For some reason you don't believe Israeli lies as quickly as you swallow Russian lies. Why is that do you think?

Horse Box

Quote from: burdizzo on May 27, 2024, 02:19:37 PMOn my 'newsfeed' a minute ago was "What countries will Putin invade next?". Some people gobble this rubbish up.

Absolutely , people buy what the Mainstream Media tell you or some Clown will put a Video up on Youtube like the example you have given ( I`ve come across it ) , people are too lazy to do research themselves and see what the reality of the situation is .

Lubo Moravcik

Quote from: Horse Box on May 27, 2024, 03:23:54 PM

Absolutely , people buy what the Mainstream Media tell you or some Clown will put a Video up on Youtube like the example you have given ( I`ve come across it ) , people are too lazy to do research themselves and see what the reality of the situation is .

Oh yeah and the open-minded non-lazy people's 'own research' typically involves watching a few Max Blumenthal 'investigations' and swallowing his bullshit hook, line and sinker.

Heard of him? I know you have. Skull definitely has. 

Bord na Mona man

On the other hand, the people who are 'too clever to believe the MSM' and 'do their own research' - remember when they were telling us that Putin was stepping in to sort a Nazi problem, or rescuing Ukraine from joining NATO.

Strange how tankies and 'both siders' have gone quiet about these justifications?
Now imagine if Putin had been able to topple Ukraine in 3 days, with a few rusty tanks on the road to Kyiv, as he originally thought.
Would he have realistically have stopped there? I expect he'd already be sorting out Moldova's problem by now.

Lubo Moravcik

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on May 27, 2024, 04:37:13 PMOn the other hand, the people who are 'too clever to believe the MSM' and 'do their own research' - remember when they were telling us that Putin was stepping in to sort a Nazi problem, or rescuing Ukraine from joining NATO.

Strange how tankies and 'both siders' have gone quiet about these justifications?
Now imagine if Putin had been able to topple Ukraine in 3 days, with a few rusty tanks on the road to Kyiv, as he originally thought.
Would he have realistically have stopped there? I expect he'd already be sorting out Moldova's problem by now.

They've been quiet but they're still there,  believing the same tired old rubbish but mostly too embarrassed to spout it now, after everything Russia has done (and said) these past 2 years.

armaghniac

Quote from: Lubo Moravcik on May 27, 2024, 04:55:25 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on May 27, 2024, 04:37:13 PMOn the other hand, the people who are 'too clever to believe the MSM' and 'do their own research' - remember when they were telling us that Putin was stepping in to sort a Nazi problem, or rescuing Ukraine from joining NATO.

They've been quiet but they're still there,  believing the same tired old rubbish but mostly too embarrassed to spout it now, after everything Russia has done (and said) these past 2 years.

Sure we still have "one side is bad as the other" here after 400 years, and these rubbish spouters probably think that a reasonable statement too.

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2024, 02:41:45 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 27, 2024, 12:28:06 PM
Quote from: Lubo Moravcik on May 27, 2024, 07:34:36 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2024, 12:03:34 AMWell let's see, tactics over the years with various conflicts or wars have used indiscriminate bombs to create fear..

Doesn't mean it will impact change from the aggressors, in fact might have the opposite

You don't need to wait and see, Russia has been hitting civilians targets intentionally for over 2 years now. Including double tap strikes to kill first responders and those coming to help the wounded.

Ukraine hasn't adopted their 'strategy' and they aren't going to. In fact, every time Ukraine hits a high value Russian military target such as an airfield or ship watch out for the next shopping mall or marketplace packed with civilians to get obliterated. They think they can break the will of the Ukrainian civilian population, they are wrong.
I seriously doubt that MR2 has been following the war news from Ukraine, the weak justification offered for his statement that something may change in the future would suggest so.

On hitting military targets deep inside Russia, this recent hit takes the biscuit with aplomb, A drone traveled (a new world record) 1,800km "attacking the Voronezh M long-range ballistic missile target detection radar station located in the city of Orsk on 26 May"
This radar station offered some level of protection for a vast area of land  (thousands of kms) which includes Crimea.This station can detect ATTACKMS and for example f16 fighter planes (yet to arrive) but not Stormshadow missiles or drones.
This very effective softening up strategy by the AFU of hitting active  and passive Russian  defense systems continues unabated.
The 2 radar complexes that were hit, approx value $1bn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6masppIXd1w&t=54s

Ok..

Im watching the news, documentary's, clips online like anyone else.

What are you doing different?
I am not seeing what you claim will happen
QuoteThis will end up with a few retaliatory explosions in Russian cities. More than two years of war and no end in sight

And when it was pointed that the AFU do not do purposeful retaliation strikes against Russian civilians   you then claimed  that it might happen in the future (no shit!!)
QuoteWell let's see, tactics over the years with various conflicts or wars have used indiscriminate bombs to create fear..
What I come across are daily reports of indiscriminate bombing and actual targeting of Ukrainian civilians over a period of 2 years. Well documented massacres and eg the blitzing of Mariupal. I have not come across anything that one could call a retaliation by th
Not only has there been no deliberate retaliation strikes against Russian civilians in the past 2 years, there is not the slightest hint that the AFU will deviate from their very effective strategy of striking  Russian logistics and their active/passive defense systems.

Milltown Row2

I just said let's see, then you went on a rant..

I'll put this out here in case people are stupid enough to think I'm supporting Russia  ::).. I'm not
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea