BBC NI Headline News

Started by snatter, May 31, 2007, 09:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snatter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/default.stm

"Worthington set to be NI manager
Nigel Worthington is to be unveiled as the new Northern Ireland manager on Friday, BBC Sport understands. "

How the f**k can a new manager of a team that attracts no more than 15000 fans be the lead news item?
The over reporting of NI soccer is already ridiculous in their sports section, but to make it headline news just shows how far removed BBC NI is from reality.

The nature of the coverage is unbalanced as well - they always report on insignificant NI soccer crap like a twat getting transferred from Linfield to Larne, whilst GAA matches get cursory treatment.

Time for some bright media student to chart how much coverage each sport gets on UTV / BBC NI in relation to its attendances.

ONeill

I have to be honest here but I'm beside myself with excitement with the news that Worthy's back where he belongs. Bring the FIFA World Cup trophy home Nige.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Solomon Kane

Quote from: snatter on May 31, 2007, 09:41:56 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/default.stm

"Worthington set to be NI manager
Nigel Worthington is to be unveiled as the new Northern Ireland manager on Friday, BBC Sport understands. "

How the f**k can a new manager of a team that attracts no more than 15000 fans be the lead news item?
The over reporting of NI soccer is already ridiculous in their sports section, but to make it headline news just shows how far removed BBC NI is from reality.

The nature of the coverage is unbalanced as well - they always report on insignificant NI soccer crap like a twat getting transferred from Linfield to Larne, whilst GAA matches get cursory treatment.

Time for some bright media student to chart how much coverage each sport gets on UTV / BBC NI in relation to its attendances.

45000 replica shirts sold over the last finacial year. Between 250000 and 300000 viewers for each Northern Ireland game shown on TV. |Not bad going for 15000 fans. Maybe they bought 3 shirts each ;)

ziggysego

Someone's looking to start an argument.

Sammy, Evil, Gwent.... I beg you.... don't take the bait.
Testing Accessibility

Dire Ear

1st post......... Totally agree , BBC's notion of what is newsworthy beggars belief.  >:(

Uladh

How is it that some people can post as a "guest" and their number of posts are not displayed?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Not sure Uladh was thinking the same myself!

Lads the wee six hysteria will die with their failure to qualify for the Euro's.

They will then have an equally disasterous WC campaign and normality will resume, 5000 at windsor pk etc... and the only time you'll see a man in a ni football shirt, is when his england/rangers/linfield jersey is in the wash!

But the BBC and UTV will still give them the lions share of coverage!
Tbc....

SammyG

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 01, 2007, 10:28:53 AMThey will then have an equally disasterous WC campaign and normality will resume, 5000 at windsor pk etc... and the only time you'll see a man in a ni football shirt, is when his england/rangers/linfield jersey is in the wash!
Twat

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 01, 2007, 10:28:53 AM
Can you let me know when it's on and I'll try and watch it? Thanks.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: SammyG on June 01, 2007, 10:33:50 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 01, 2007, 10:28:53 AMThey will then have an equally disasterous WC campaign and normality will resume, 5000 at windsor pk etc... and the only time you'll see a man in a ni football shirt, is when his england/rangers/linfield jersey is in the wash!
Twat

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 01, 2007, 10:28:53 AM
Can you let me know when it's on and I'll try and watch it? Thanks.

Ahh I thought it was humourous!!!
Great retort though.  ::)
Tbc....

wesaysanchez

this isnot right. lawrie sanchez was the BEST thing TO happen to ulster since BEST. the Powers that be should hang their heads and necks in sham. lawrie we will always love you.

Syd

Quote from: wesaysanchez on June 01, 2007, 10:55:24 AM
this isnot right. lawrie sanchez was the BEST thing TO happen to ulster since BEST. the Powers that be should hang their heads and necks in sham. lawrie we will always love you.

::)  ::)  ::)

Hereiam

"lawrie we will always love you. " Catch a grip of urself. That man did not give one toss about yous. I bet you he could not wait to get out of the north. He seen what sort of biggoted supporters he was dealin with when yous all turned on him. Goodbye north of ireland football for another 20 years or more. (I hope)

An Fear Rua

ring the bell and they will come...
Its Grim up North

Hereiam

I think its more a cass of "play the flute and they will come"    ;D

5 Sams

Quote from: wesaysanchez on June 01, 2007, 10:55:24 AM
this isnot right. lawrie sanchez was the BEST thing TO happen to ulster since BEST. 

Funny I thought Brian McEniff always did a great job.
The Aristocrat Years