Armagh v Tyrone League game Feb 6

Started by Jim Bob, February 06, 2022, 02:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 06, 2022, 05:28:45 PM
I didn't see any red card offences from either team in that carry on. Getting someone in a headlock is now a red card offence.
It's not. But getting a player in a headlock and f**king him up against a fence is. Petey Harte on Jarly OG Burns. Video doing the rounds already. It'll hit your phone soon enough.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

tyroneman

Quote from: redzone on February 06, 2022, 05:39:20 PM
Gough signalled for a free in at the start as mcshane was bundled over, after the melee and consultation with the umpires he overturned it. Rightly or wrongly is open to debate. One thing that seriously needs looked at was the constant fringing of head injury all day by Armagh. Og burns and especially Rory Grugan constantly lay down after being tackled and waited a few minutes until the ice pack done the trick. Grugan didn't even wait till being tackled and lay down as Armagh were taking a kickout. Worst thing was Gough fell far it all day

Noticed that myself. Every other tackle saw an Armagh man rolling around holding his head. Gough didn't buy too much of it though, to be fair to him.

Baile an tuaigh

Solo_run

Amusing to see Tyrone trying to paint themselves as the victim. Regardless of who was to blame for the pulling at the end the game was over. Tyrone were niggling at Armagh the whole game especially Jarly Og Burns.

quit yo jibbajabba

"Houl on houl on"
Obligatory woman roarin

This video ticks a few boxes

Wildweasel74

O'neill get Hampsey some roasting

Wildweasel74

Mckiernan fancy himself as a boxer or sthing, seems to be involved in any confrontation In any league game he plays in.

Armamike

Quote from: clarshack on February 06, 2022, 04:10:28 PM
If this doesn't motivate Tyrone for the rest of the season then nothing will.

You seem a bit tetchy.  Can't win them all you know. 

Tyrone were dishing out plenty of it all match.  Only a matter of time before they blew a gasket.  Hampsey, McKernan, and a few others were walking a thin line before the melee.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armamike

Quote from: redzone on February 06, 2022, 05:39:20 PM
Gough signalled for a free in at the start as mcshane was bundled over, after the melee and consultation with the umpires he overturned it. Rightly or wrongly is open to debate. One thing that seriously needs looked at was the constant fringing of head injury all day by Armagh. Og burns and especially Rory Grugan constantly lay down after being tackled and waited a few minutes until the ice pack done the trick. Grugan didn't even wait till being tackled and lay down as Armagh were taking a kickout. Worst thing was Gough fell far it all day

Hmmm. The irony.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 06, 2022, 04:43:10 PM
One would have to be excited about where Armagh are at now. They are a serious contender, not just for provincial honours, but for national honours also.

Yep, at this point I'm not too optimistic about our prospects in Ballybofey.

RedHand88

It's the league ffs, who cares.

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 06, 2022, 06:42:53 PM

Me. I'm the grand scheme of things it may not matter but these wins will give us some believe and confidence and that can only be a good thing

omagh_gael

Hopefully you Armagh men got tomorrow and Tuesday booked off work to recover from the homecoming tonight. Fair play on the win, and all, but the exuberant celebrations around the ground for a national league game in February was embarrassing, to say the least. You'd have sworn it was the all Ireland final for a lot of that match with the fist pumping, chanting and hugs being given out. Suppose it does give the locals a wee lift when they take two points off the All Ireland champs ;)

Not much to say about that ruck at the end. Over the top handbags and christ knows how Gough and his 'assistants' managed to place an 80% punishment on ourselves.

Armagh played great football in the first half. Hitting close to full potential in early February might be a concern if I was an orange man, though.

We'd need to buck up our ideas though and I dare say there'll be some heavy training done over the next two weeks in Garvaghey. Relegation 4 pointer in 2 weeks against Kildare in Omagh up next. We move on.

full moon

5 red cards seems madness, these referees are spoiling matches now throwing around cards like confetti and blowing frees for any contact.

Also thought the refereeing last night was very poor in Kerry Dublin match. Unfortunately a lot of umpires and linesmen don't help matters either if anything they are as bad if not worse.

full moon

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 06, 2022, 06:42:53 PM

We heard the same from Tyrone ones in the McKenna cup when they were getting beaten. Now the league doesn't matter either.

Short season this year not much time to get a run together.