Boris Johnson

Started by imtommygunn, January 19, 2022, 09:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Sportacus on July 21, 2022, 11:54:25 AM
It'll be a poisoned chalice for whoever wins.  Brexit has shrunk their economy, inflation is beyond their control, Russia are in it for the long haul, UK debt can't be ignored, etc. They can spoof away and hug  their blue passports, but they're going to get battered.  It's a pity in a strange way that Johnson, Rees Mogg and the rest aren't still around to own their own mess.

They are in dire straits and some know it, Sunak knows it, Truss is an eggshell of a person, but ego takes over when taking up these roles and knowing that the hardships the country is about to face won't materially impact upon them.

Shower of cúnts.

imtommygunn

It's like all those own your own home by the age of 25 articles you see. Don't go to starbucks, drink less, don't go to the cinema and the minor point of use the hundreds of k your rich parents gave you and you too can do it  ;D

Truss is useless. This isn't going to be good. Sunak is useless too but less dangerous.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on July 21, 2022, 11:11:17 AM
Boris is proof that you can be anything you want to be. This man rose to the highest office in the British establishment. A bullshitter with no morals. Who knows how many children he has. He promoted or tried to promote everyone who gave in a blow job. It is quite amazing really. A-Level politics papers would be worth reading  :o
I look forward to reading the fat ****'s obituary.

Not a fan?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 21, 2022, 11:57:47 AM
It's like all those own your own home by the age of 25 articles you see. Don't go to starbucks, drink less, don't go to the cinema and the minor point of use the hundreds of k your rich parents gave you and you too can do it  ;D

Truss is useless. This isn't going to be good. Sunak is useless too but less dangerous.

So out of touch that they think cutting the tax rate will help people in poverty without understanding that a lot of people in poverty don't earn enough to actually pay tax in the first place.
So out of touch they cut the VAT on solar panels to help with the energy crisis as you all know the poorest in society have a few K floating about to put to these solar panels whilst going to food banks.

imtommygunn

Are they out of touch or do they just not give a f**k though?

bennydorano

Truss will be continuity Boris without the partying and 'charm', unfortunately for the UK the cabinet will still be full of idiots like JRM & Dorries. Sullerman is another, she is obviously an intelligent person as the highest legal brain in Government, but she comes across as such a right wing dunderhead it's cringeworthy. Truss will pick further fights with the EU, will be tougher on the NIP than Bojo ever planned to be, will further aggravate Russia and quite possibly escalate the Ukrainian situation with boneheaded bravado. She will be a gift for Labour tho. I really hope Sunak wins, I genuinely fear what Truss could do.

imtommygunn

I feel exactly the same Benny. It's not even just the protocol here - it's world terms.

Milltown Row2

Will Boris hand over his seat or stay on? Not too many did I think? Major?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: bennydorano on July 21, 2022, 12:05:42 PM
Truss will be continuity Boris without the partying and 'charm', unfortunately for the UK the cabinet will still be full of idiots like JRM & Dorries. Sullerman is another, she is obviously an intelligent person as the highest legal brain in Government, but she comes across as such a right wing dunderhead it's cringeworthy. Truss will pick further fights with the EU, will be tougher on the NIP than Bojo ever planned to be, will further aggravate Russia and quite possibly escalate the Ukrainian situation with boneheaded bravado. She will be a gift for Labour tho. I really hope Sunak wins, I genuinely fear what Truss could do.

Does being a lying bástard now equate to "Charm and Charisma"?

trailer

Like someone said "it is like seeing a menu of diseases and having your Da pick one for you."
Whatever about Truss at least she's for cutting taxes. Sunak wants to put them up! He'd be an economic disaster. I think it will be Truss, difficult to see the Tory body politic elect an Indian.

bennydorano

Quote from: trailer on July 21, 2022, 02:43:27 PM

Like someone said "it is like seeing a menu of diseases and having your Da pick one for you."
Whatever about Truss at least she's for cutting taxes. Sunak wants to put them up! He'd be an economic disaster. I think it will be Truss, difficult to see the Tory body politic elect an Indian.
I dont know what you're reading about Sunak putting taxes up?? Guido or some right wing nonsense thats backing Truss? Sunak clearly stated in the leadership debates he'll delay cutting taxes until inflation is under control, no tax rises. Cutting taxes in the current environment is also likely to fuel inflation, so a tax cut could be a long term false economy.

Why would Sunak be an Economic disaster? That's a really interesting take on it?? I'd take Sunak any day of the week.

trailer

Quote from: bennydorano on July 21, 2022, 02:56:33 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 21, 2022, 02:43:27 PM

I dont know what you're reading about Sunak putting taxes up?? Guido or some right wing nonsense thats backing Truss? Sunak clearly stated in the leadership debates he'll delay cutting taxes until inflation is under control, no tax rises. Cutting taxes in the current environment is also likely to fuel inflation, so a tax cut could be a long term false economy.

Why would Sunak be an Economic disaster? That's a really interesting take on it?? I'd take Sunak any day of the week.

He consistently said that things need to be paid for. He has already introduced tax hikes as chancellor. I don't believe he will invest in public services. I would see him as a return to austerity.
Now this in no way means I am a Liz Truss cheerleader who I think will be pretty terrible on the world stage. But I would like to see tax cuts. Corporation Tax and income tax being the two main ones.

Rossfan

6 Cos residents in favour of Brit Government cutting taxes?!?!
Good night Irene....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Quote from: Rossfan on July 21, 2022, 03:04:42 PM
6 Cos residents in favour of Brit Government cutting taxes?!?!
Good night Irene....

If you had my tax bill you would too.

imtommygunn

Sunak would be an economic disaster. Truss would be an economic disaster plus we might get a few nukes thrown in for good measure. Truss saying she will reduce taxes and Truss actually reducing taxes are two very different things. Not one of these people is to be trusted. What they say and what they do are usually two very different things.