NFL Division Four 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on February 26, 2022, 08:49:33 PM
Tipp beat Sligo by 4 points which blows the division wide open.

Surely London walk it now.

sligoman2

Bad result for us.  It seemed we reverted to the old habits of bad passes, bad shot selection etc..  group is wide open now.  The good news is we still have 3 games at home but we need to stop making silly mistakes.  Good win for Tipp puts them right back in the hunt.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Westside

Carlow very competitive in Breffni today. If they had converted their goal chances they would have won.

If Cavan win next week we will have one foot in Division 3. With Sligo looking for a response to their loss, Cavan missing probably 4 starting players and coming off an atrocious attacking performance, game in Sligo... It will be tight.

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on February 27, 2022, 04:47:49 PM
Carlow very competitive in Breffni today. If they had converted their goal chances they would have won.

If Cavan win next week we will have one foot in Division 3. With Sligo looking for a response to their loss, Cavan missing probably 4 starting players and coming off an atrocious attacking performance, game in Sligo... It will be tight.

Still waiting for the day cavan actually thump someone, we just don't seem to know how to. I think I would have to say based on today the Sligo game will be a lot tighter and Sligo in with a decent shout. New players not making enough of an impact.

Westside

Quote from: Itchy on February 27, 2022, 04:52:22 PM

Still waiting for the day cavan actually thump someone, we just don't seem to know how to. I think I would have to say based on today the Sligo game will be a lot tighter and Sligo in with a decent shout. New players not making enough of an impact.

I think as soon as we get into a commanding position we ease up. We were on track to win well today and got sloppy and let them.back into it. Have to say I was impressed with Carlow. They were well organised, their centre forward and full forward were outstanding.

Dreadnought

Ah not too sure about that. Sure you could say the same about us, if we converted the 2 clear goal chances we had. They got their goal when we were 6 points up. We always had them at arms length and were always fit to open a gap when needed. We won without needing to dig very deep at all

Dreadnought

Quote from: Westside on February 27, 2022, 05:08:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 27, 2022, 04:52:22 PM

I think as soon as we get into a commanding position we ease up. We were on track to win well today and got sloppy and let them.back into it. Have to say I was impressed with Carlow. They were well organised, their centre forward and full forward were outstanding.

Exactly this. We're an odd team in that we don't thrash teams, but remain in a battle and competitive game with any opposition from Division 1 to 4. We simply don't have the high cruising speed to just go and beat teams about the door, that's not part of the way we play. We have a habit of opening a lead and then easing up. That 1st half too took a lot out of us, we had to work very hard to get into the 21 score into that wind, while they floated a number of long range points over the bar. We did just enough in the 2nd half to see it out. We also tend to get caught up in the niggly things too which we need to get away from

Westside

Had a quick look at the Carlow team that played Sligo, 10 of those lads played yesterday. Two of the lads missing were Carlow's best players yesterday, Foley and Clarke. Still doesn't inspire a huge amount of confidence for the Sligo game. Fingers crossed we can get Martin Reilly back for next weekend.

Absolutely agree on getting caught in the niggly stuff, Moynagh has had a few too many of those black cards over the years, trying to be cute and rarely gets away with it. Galligan's red was unforgivable, in front of the ref, just after conceding 1-1, he really let the side down and robs us of his services for next weekend. He had a stormer yesterday too.

Blowitupref

On a perfect day for football it's a low scoring defensive contest Between Sligo and Cavan but that won't matter to the home side if they hold onto the win. 0-6 to 0-2 at half time.

Cavan 1-13 Sligo 0-10. A lucky goal set Cavan on their way to victory and it was against a 14 man Sligo all 2nd half.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

rodney trotter

Cavan were the away team. A very poor first half from Cavan. Sligo had the wind and were the better side, Cavan improved in the second half, got a very fortunate goal. Sligo played most of the half with 14 men. A scrappy game but Cavan now in pole position for Promotion.

sligoman2

A flattering scoreline for Cavan no doubt but they did deserve the win.  Silly (but deserved) red card early in the second half definitely hurt us but we were still a point ahead with 6 minutes of normal time left.  A goal for cavan that hit the post and went in off our goalies back was the turning point, after that we seemed to run out of steam.  Hard loss but I have to say that Sean Carabine is turning into a very impressive and dogged player and it good to get Paddy O'Connor back on the field.  The way I see it now is we have to hope that Cavan beat Tipp next week and we win our last 3 games and we should get promoted.  Hard luck to Wexford today who only lost by a point after conceding 4 goals.

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Itchy

Sligo did rightly and I seen enough to think they've still a decent shot at promotion. That cavan team that started was without the following 1st teamers - Martin reilly, Thomas galligan, Killian Clarke, Gerry Smith and Conor Madden.

Smith and Clarke came on for the last quarter.  The red card (k didn't see what it was for) and poor goalkeeping mistake for our goal were big turning points but I think Cavan just had too much for Sligo, especially off the bench. Gunner had an outstanding day, he smashed one shoulder at one stage I'd say the Sligo player thought he was hit by a bus. A great 2 points for us but I thought we were only average for 3/4 of the game.

Farrandeelin

Tipp beating Cavan is one helluva shock.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Itchy

Appalling performance from Cavan and even still they 4 clear goal chances and missed them all. Just abysmal today

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 13, 2022, 05:07:04 PM
Tipp beating Cavan is one helluva shock.
Not sure how much of a shock it was when you consider Cavans performance against Sligo was far from great last weekend but got the win with man advantage and a lucky goal.

Tipp and Cavan should be the two to gain promotion now.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose