NFL Division Four 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Tipp look out of it now, great result for Leitrim. If Cavan can take Sligo next day out I think that will be one foot in Div 3 as I think they'll have basically played the strongest teams. Looking at early form I think Leitrim and sligo are in with a good shot.

full moon

The standard is very poor no doubt. Really poor result for Carlow and Tipperary.

Promotion probably going to be Cavan and Sligo, with Leitrim in with a shout.

Westside

Wexford were brutal today, Cavan incredibly sloppy and didn't seem to even want to shoot in the second half.

Cavan v Sligo in the next round looks like the game that will decide who tops the division. If Sligo look at the tapes of Cavan over the past two weeks, they'll be confident they can get a result against us at home.

full moon

Quote from: Westside on February 06, 2022, 08:20:04 PM
Wexford were brutal today, Cavan incredibly sloppy and didn't seem to even want to shoot in the second half.

Cavan v Sligo in the next round looks like the game that will decide who tops the division. If Sligo look at the tapes of Cavan over the past two weeks, they'll be confident they can get a result against us at home.
Cavan have been poor so far, same old story with the forwards. Take out Gearoid and there's no scoring threat from play. We will struggle through most games unless we start scoring goals.

Wexford looked very poor, a good club side would have beaten them. It's our own fault mind for getting relegated, but this division will do nothing for us in the Championship. And yet multiple players look poor even at this level.

Itchy

I think Cavan should take Sligo by 3/4 pts. They've beaten a poor wexford team and a brutal Carlow side. They've certainly a few food forwards in Murphy and Carrabine especially  but they are weak down the middle and I can see Gearoid, Smith and Galligan doing a lot of damage. Faulkner is made for Murphy too. All that being said I'm sure Sligo will have a pep in their step having won 2/2.

sligoman2

Definitely a pep in our step after scoring 28 points.  Defense has definitely upped the intensity and we are not coughing up balls due to bad passes or decisions.  Obviously a very impressive display from us, Carlow still have the hangover from last week.  Game v Cavan is huge and I think it will be tight.  Tipp dropping 3 pts in 2 games is obviously good for us.  Well done to Leitrim on a great result.  We should be good if this comes down to scoring diff after today.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Blowitupref

Quote from: sligoman2 on February 06, 2022, 10:19:31 PM
Definitely a pep in our step after scoring 28 points.  Defense has definitely upped the intensity and we are not coughing up balls due to bad passes or decisions.  Obviously a very impressive display from us, Carlow still have the hangover from last week.  Game v Cavan is huge and I think it will be tight.  Tipp dropping 3 pts in 2 games is obviously good for us.  Well done to Leitrim on a great result.  We should be good if this comes down to scoring diff after today.

Last time Sligo scored 28 times in a match?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Westside

Quote from: full moon on February 06, 2022, 09:17:43 PM

Cavan have been poor so far, same old story with the forwards. Take out Gearoid and there's no scoring threat from play. We will struggle through most games unless we start scoring goals.

Wexford looked very poor, a good club side would have beaten them. It's our own fault mind for getting relegated, but this division will do nothing for us in the Championship. And yet multiple players look poor even at this level.

Yeah what stuck out for me most was their lack of physical conditioning. There was lads there looked like they'd never seen a gym. Yet we still couldn't take advantage, we didn't even seem to want to take advantage.

We will still be favourite against Sligo and I think Cavan have a tendency to rise or fall to the level of their opponents. Hopefully seeing the Sligo result will focus minds.

sligoman2

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 06, 2022, 10:56:32 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on February 06, 2022, 10:19:31 PM

Last time Sligo scored 28 times in a match?

Possibly never or maybe  back in the day when we played Kilkenny in the league...
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Blowitupref

Maggie Farrelly to referee the Division 4 game between Leitrim and London this Sunday, the first female to take charge of a National Football League game
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

Bookies have Cavan 2/5 away to Sligo, I think it will be a closer than that.

Look-Up!

Quote from: Itchy on February 14, 2022, 06:38:40 PM
Sligo 11/4 with some bookies  :o :o :o :o. That's some value! It's a 50/50 game. You can make a case for either team- Cavan are tough to break down and have experience of higher divisions and a provincial title. Sligo are going well, at home and have some dangerous forwards. Cavan tend to struggle with pacey forwards who run directly at backline.
If I had to stick my neck on the block I'd say Cavan by slightest of margins but I think we'll need a goal, something which is very elusive to this team. I also think the bad weather and heavy ground will suit us better and maybe take a bit of the pace out of the Yeats attack. But for a gambler those odds should be too tempting.

Itchy

Quote from: Look-Up! on February 18, 2022, 02:14:04 PM
Sligo 11/4 with some bookies  :o :o :o :o. That's some value! It's a 50/50 game. You can make a case for either team- Cavan are tough to break down and have experience of higher divisions and a provincial title. Sligo are going well, at home and have some dangerous forwards. Cavan tend to struggle with pacey forwards who run directly at backline.
If I had to stick my neck on the block I'd say Cavan by slightest of margins but I think we'll need a goal, something which is very elusive to this team. I also think the bad weather and heavy ground will suit us better and maybe take a bit of the pace out of the Yeats attack. But for a gambler those odds should be too tempting.

A 50:50 game?? - I dont think so. If Cavan played sligo 10 times, Cavan should be winning 9 of them. I think you are talking up Sligo way too much. They beat a woeful Carlow team and sneaked past Wexford. Two good wins and that brings confidence but jesus come on we were ulster champions 2 yrs ago we are not a 50:50 team against Sligo. The only thing that levels this somewhat is the weather conditions which are looking fairly cat.

Look-Up!

Quote from: Itchy on February 18, 2022, 02:59:14 PM

A 50:50 game?? - I dont think so. If Cavan played sligo 10 times, Cavan should be winning 9 of them. I think you are talking up Sligo way too much. They beat a woeful Carlow team and sneaked past Wexford. Two good wins and that brings confidence but jesus come on we were ulster champions 2 yrs ago we are not a 50:50 team against Sligo. The only thing that levels this somewhat is the weather conditions which are looking fairly cat.
Why would I be talking up any Division 4 team?? You're the one doing the talking up. Division 4 and talking about Ulster champions. We're about as far removed from Ulster champion at the minute as any team can be.

Itchy

Quote from: Look-Up! on February 18, 2022, 03:19:12 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 18, 2022, 02:59:14 PM

Why would I be talking up any Division 4 team?? You're the one doing the talking up. Division 4 and talking about Ulster champions. We're about as far removed from Ulster champion at the minute as any team can be.

You are talking up Sligo and saying this is a 50:50 match while the bookies (seldom wrong) call it 2/5 for Cavan. It is a fact that this Cavan team won Ulster not even 2 years ago. The same players are there which is my point. I am getting a bit fed up of Cavan people knocking the ability of our team - what next, we will scrape a win against London??