NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Donegal still got the firepower up front, still don't look the strongest in defence or Midfield.

Wildweasel74

The 2 Brians turned up today!! It's been awhile.

bennydorano

Quote from: Solo_run on March 20, 2022, 04:57:02 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 20, 2022, 04:50:15 PM
Armagh were pretty poor all day I thought, Kerry kept us at arm's length without going up through the gears. Kerry looked very solid defensively which was ptobably their primary aim of the day. Only Soupy Campbell put his hand up for me today and he only got a half!  I suppose playing poor and being competitive v Kerry isn't the worst thing in the world, we'd have taken that a year ago.

I am sorry to say but I don't feel Hall offered anything today or for large parts of the league. He is a decent player but he is not working for me, Kerry shoved him off the ball a little too easy for my liking.
Hall wouldn't be anywhere near my starting championship 15.

yellowcard

Armagh were pretty poor all day I thought, Kerry kept us at arm's length without going up through the gears. Kerry looked very solid defensively which was ptobably their primary aim of the day. Only Soupy Campbell put his hand up for me today and he only got a half!  I suppose playing poor and being competitive v Kerry isn't the worst thing in the world, we'd have taken that a year ago.

They were much too timid to begin with standing off their men in defence as Kerry ought to have been much further ahead at half time. I'm not sure what soupy has to do to start ahead of Hall who is a decent player but not a starter for me.

I remain to be convinced about the rafferty experiment in goals either but he looks to be the preferred choice now.

Solo_run

Quote from: bennydorano on March 20, 2022, 05:12:40 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 20, 2022, 04:57:02 PM

I am sorry to say but I don't feel Hall offered anything today or for large parts of the league. He is a decent player but he is not working for me, Kerry shoved him off the ball a little too easy for my liking.
Hall wouldn't be anywhere near my starting championship 15.

After today I am in full agreement. Too small, either cannot shoot or doesn't have the confidence.

Milltown Row2

Never a penalty he ran out of space, lucky
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Quote from: J70 on March 20, 2022, 05:09:47 PM
It's been much better since they moved Murphy up front and started speeding things up getting the ball in.

But Dublin are picking off easy scores to keep the gap there and look like they'll get in for another goal.

Who would have thought that playing the ball long into Murphy could be a successful tactic. Quite why Donegal don't use him in this role more often baffles me.

Average Score

Keeper experiment going well, think Clifford told him as much, least he owns the number 1 Jersey now.  ::)

J70

5times5times

If only had a highly capable keeper on the bench... Oh wait.

Hall Rowland OHanlon anonymous.. Why does geezer insist on starting them? Murnin was anonymous today too.

Questions have to be asked about the referee too? 2/3 times he gave kerry a mark, when the ball wasnt secured.. And for that Grugan call at the end? shambles.

J70

Bonner interview in English. Would have thought a man from Lettermacaward would be a fluent Irish speaker.

Blowitupref

Dublin  2-15 donegal 2-11. Looks like the Dubs are going to do as Kerry did in 2010.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Solo_run

Quote from: J70 on March 20, 2022, 05:26:42 PM
So who is safe? :)

Donegal might need to beat Armagh if Tyrone, Kildare and Dublin win. 

Solo_run

Quote from: 5times5times on March 20, 2022, 05:26:57 PM

Hall Rowland OHanlon anonymous.. Why does geezer insist on starting them? Murnin was anonymous today too.

Questions have to be asked about the referee too? 2/3 times he gave kerry a mark, when the ball wasnt secured.. And for that Grugan call at the end? shambles.

We don't that is the problem. 

Hughes lack confidence in his kick-outs and Rafferty made a very silly mistake by turning his back to the best forward in Ireland. The goal Murphy scored against Donegal would make me glad Rafferty is in goal as he would come out and challenge for it. His kick-outs are better than Hughes.

yellowcard

Quote from: Solo_run on March 20, 2022, 05:44:36 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on March 20, 2022, 05:26:57 PM

We don't that is the problem. 

Hughes lack confidence in his kick-outs and Rafferty made a very silly mistake by turning his back to the best forward in Ireland. The goal Murphy scored against Donegal would make me glad Rafferty is in goal as he would come out and challenge for it. His kick-outs are better than Hughes.

Based on what I've seen (and admittedly it's only 3 matches) Raffertys kick outs are no better than Hughes imo. He does have more presence in the goals but made a few rash decisions as well and got away with it once but paid the price for the goal when he was in no man's land.

Midfield didn't help him today as both were poor but unless there is a plan to go long (and playing a small player like Hall wing half forward doesn't help) then I really don't see the benefit in playing him before Hughes who is an actual goalkeeper.