Joe Brolly has discussion with Jamie Bryson

Started by imtommygunn, October 31, 2021, 06:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

It was a simpler life for Joe giving out about 2010's Tyrone.   

HokeyPokey

Going back to the actual discussion.

Bryson didn't make any valid points at all. I thought Brolly should really have pulled him up on making remarks that the end point of the peace process is a United Ireland. This is sort of true but he seemed to be suggesting that unionists shouldn't engage with it because of this idea. He seems to be essentially suggesting that the democratic will of the majority should be ignored / opposed if it chooses unity ...

The thing that gets me more than anything is that unionists keep increasing the chances of a UI by pissing off nationalists and disenfranchising small u unionists. There would be a lot less debate if they hadn't been so overtly pushing for a divisive Brexit.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Both Bryson and Brolly bore me big time..2 boys love sound of their own voices

Orior

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 01, 2022, 08:50:19 PM

But they are poles apart in terms of intelligence and credibility.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Undoubtedly. But no more interesting none the less, i used to love Joe but he's giving too many interviews recently on too many different "poor me complex" stuff. He's not well clearly

Wildweasel74

Looks like his next interview gonna be with the cops.

tiempo

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 02, 2022, 12:33:31 AM

Meat and drink for Joe. And to think the establishment and authorities are protecting the paedophile Prince Andrew. Wonder are unionists going to get as uppity about that?

restorepride

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 02, 2022, 12:33:31 AM
Possibly, but not many will truly believe his 'atonement' story. Probably a cover for his impulsive nature and egotistical tendencies.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Apparently his latest remarks not going down well in Dungiven

restorepride

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 02, 2022, 10:54:11 PM
I can imagine that being true ok. For all his academic intelligence he seems to lack emotional intelligence. His charm has got him out of a few tricky situations in the past although he may be running out of road. Notice how his recollections and stories are getting more bizarre as time goes on - a sign that the Dungiven well is running dry.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: restorepride on January 03, 2022, 12:13:51 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 02, 2022, 10:54:11 PM
I can imagine that being true ok. For all his academic intelligence he seems to lack emotional intelligence. His charm has got him out of a few tricky situations in the past although he may be running out of road. Notice how his recollections and stories are getting more bizarre as time goes on - a sign that the Dungiven well is running dry.

The well has run dry amongst the people know him best.

balladmaker

Quote from: Orior on January 01, 2022, 09:12:08 PM

I suggest that one will be a future President of Ireland, the other ... a nothing.

Ghost

Quote from: balladmaker on January 03, 2022, 02:58:41 AM

I suggest that one will be a future President of Ireland, the other ... a nothing.

I'll have some of whatever you are smoking please! There is as much chance as Bryson becoming president as there is Brolly.

lenny

Quote from: balladmaker on January 03, 2022, 02:58:41 AM

I can see Brolly going down the political line too. I can imagine him as a future president also. You could interpret those comments as an attempt to disassociate himself from a republican family past which would make him a more palatable candidate for southern voters.

restorepride

I can see him loving the limelight and blowing kisses in Croke Park!! Temperament and integrity would be severely lacking though. Let me tell you a story when I, me and myself were all .....