Formula one

Started by RedHand88, December 12, 2021, 02:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Quote from: Keyser soze on December 13, 2021, 09:32:42 AM
I would usually be one for supporting the underdog and I'm no great fan of Hamilton, but Verstappen is a really unlikable character, he would run over his Da without a second thought if he thought it would win him a race, or an extra point.

However that absolute hateful hoor Horner manages to make even him appear benign.

He's absolutely no different than the likes of Senna or Schumacher who were at least as ruthless. Called being a winner I guess.
Wouldn't say there was a Friesian milked in Friesland last night!

thebigfella

Jos Verstappen is a thug and says a lot about Max character that he's still as close to him.

RedHand88

Quote from: thebigfella on December 13, 2021, 10:06:46 AM
Jos Verstappen is a thug and says a lot about Max character that he's still as close to him.

He's his son ffs. Would you ever catch a grip.

GJL

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 13, 2021, 10:16:50 AM

Lol. Some people really are loosing the run of themselves with this.

Franko

This has to be piss take.

thebigfella

He his mothers son too?

Franko

Quote from: thebigfella on December 13, 2021, 11:12:09 AM

He his mothers son too?

It's a big assumption but I'm gonna say yes.

Seems to be pretty close to her too.

He seems to have a weird affinity for his parents.

Wildweasel74

I actually liked Schumacher, haven't watched F1 since he left.

RadioGAAGAA

Jos the boss is a grade A asshole. No doubt about it.

But jaysus ye can hardly blame a young fella for hanging around with his da fer feck sake.
i usse an speelchekor

Dougal Maguire

Could someone explain why, after the safety car is over, that the cars don't just start off again with the time difference they had before the safety car came on? 
Careful now

RedHand88

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 14, 2021, 12:51:23 AM
Could someone explain why, after the safety car is over, that the cars don't just start off again with the time difference they had before the safety car came on?

Because reasons.

Dougal Maguire

As a matter of interest why are there no women in F1. As it's just about driving with no reversing or parking involved you'd think they should be able to compete ok
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 15, 2021, 06:52:00 PM
As a matter of interest why are there no women in F1. As it's just about driving with no reversing or parking involved you'd think they should be able to compete ok

There is an all women formula racing set up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mario

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 13, 2021, 08:49:51 PM

But jaysus ye can hardly blame a young fella for hanging around with his da fer feck sake.

Hadn't heard this about Jos, why is he a thug/asshole?

I was a big Schumacher fan back in the day but prob switched off F1 about 10 years ago. Started taking an interest again last year when the netflix series came out. When I first started hearing about Verstappen again I had assumed it was the same guy that drove 15 years ago.

Really warmed to Hamilton recently too. The way he dealt with the post race was amazing. I couldn't keep my calm so i don't know how he could remain so humble, credit to the sport.

Hound

Quote from: Mario on December 16, 2021, 08:39:46 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 13, 2021, 08:49:51 PM

Hadn't heard this about Jos, why is he a thug/asshole?

I was a big Schumacher fan back in the day but prob switched off F1 about 10 years ago. Started taking an interest again last year when the netflix series came out. When I first started hearing about Verstappen again I had assumed it was the same guy that drove 15 years ago.

Really warmed to Hamilton recently too. The way he dealt with the post race was amazing. I couldn't keep my calm so i don't know how he could remain so humble, credit to the sport.
I'd take all that with a pinch of salt.  It easier when you have 7 in the bag, and he got a good taking to before he made any public statement.

A couple of years ago Bottas was ordered to let Hamilton pass late on in a race that Bottas was winning comfortably, as Hamilton was going for the title and Bottas was out of the running. A few races later, when Hamilton had secured the title, he was leading the race with Bottas in 2nd and the favour was expected to be returned. Lewis said no chance. Afterwards he said Bottas would prefer to win a race fair and square, while Bottas was fuming.

Bottas since learned that his only role is to play second fiddle and settled into that. It's going to be very interesting to see how Russell gets on next year, Hamilton does not like it at all when his teammate is competitive

To me the Bottas incident sums up Hamilton better than his recent PR drive.  He's very driven, very selfish, very fast, very successful