Tyrone V Donegal

Started by Tyrones own, May 27, 2007, 06:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Star Spangler on June 17, 2007, 05:03:01 PM
Quote from: Star Spangler on June 16, 2007, 11:33:22 AM
Just over 24 hours to go and I still can't make a call on how this one will turn out.  To be honest, I think the build up has got the feel to a game where Tyrone could come out all guns blazing and blow Donegal away.

Fcuk I'm good!  ;D

I hope it's Derry in the final.  After last years debacle in Omagh the record needs to be set straight.

Good prediction all right, but is there another allegedly contending team that has gone out and been "unexpectedly" hammered on more occasions than Donegal over the past five or six years?

Donagh

There was nothing awesome about Tyrone, Donegal were brutal, plain and simple.

Stranworst

Sly one from McFadden, how long do yous all think he'll get suspended for then?? Silly man

Star Spangler

QuoteThere was nothing awesome about Tyrone, Donegal were brutal, plain and simple.

Probably not, although that's what was said every time we gave a team a hiding in 2003.

thebuzz

"Sly one from McFadden, how long do yous all think he'll get suspended for then?? Silly man"

It wasn't exactly what you could call a sly one. A sly one is when the referee isn't looking.

ziggysego

Woah, what a game! Tyrone are back on track again, lets hope they continue with this and annoy future injuries.

Dooher was outstanding, Mulligan stepped up the plate, Canvanagh Jr. showed some of that potential. Getting McMahon in for McGinley was much needed and the defense tighten up shortly after his introduction.

As for McFaddon's red card. Much deserved, it was a terrible act and I would have no sympathy for him walking. McMenamin... well it was stupid throwing the ball at Ricey's face and I didn't see what he did after that, so prehaps the second yellow was a little strong.

Donegal's first goal should have been allowed, can't see why is was disallowed.

I agree that Tyrone's penalty was the right decision and it being allowed was correct too. Durcan threw the ball back out and he didn't need to. He was focused on the penalty and didn't appeared to be distracted by the mini-melee, which was happening to the side. Though, it was created by Donegal.

Anyway, based on this performance, Tyrone have to be odds-on-favourites to life the Anglo-Celt Cup and one of the front runners for the Sam Maguire. However for now, I'm not going to get too far away of myself and I think only of Ulster.... for now ;)
Testing Accessibility

Over the Bar

QuoteThere was nothing awesome about Tyrone, Donegal were brutal, plain and simple.

You are right dude.  On an awesome day at full strength we'd have won by 20.   ;D :D 

I'm sure you'll agree that Tyrone minors were pretty awesome tho blowing the myth of Armagh's underage talent out of the water!   ;D :D ;D

ExiledGael

Did you meet Tony Ziggy?

rrhf

Well with 14 minutes to go you had that feeling that Tyrone were going to finish very strong, butremember Tyrone second goal had yet to be scored... to leave at that time would have surely been beyond even the most diehard Donegal Fan... but no after witnessing the mauling that his beloved Armagh took in the minors poor old Free ticketing Tony Fearon (standing out a mile in his tangerine top, couldnt stomach any more and fled Clones via the back door. Well I suppose if you have been eating cheese and onion crisps for 2 hours solid... the stomach can only take so much.  Great to see ya tone no doubt  impressed at the inwaiting  Ulster champions 2007 having enjoyed so much the success of last years Ulster champions.  
BTW:
B Dooher; Hub; Gormley; Mulligan - absolutely outstanding stuff . great team performance and looking for more this year.

ziggysego

Quote from: ExiledGael on June 17, 2007, 07:47:26 PM
Did you meet Tony Ziggy?

Spotted him, but he didn't see me. He was late into the Minor game between Tyrone and Armagh. In fact, missed the first half. Though he did have a big shopping bag of junk food with him. The missus is a nice looking woman though. Far too good for Tony.  :D
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 17, 2007, 07:51:19 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 17, 2007, 07:49:33 PM
The missus is a nice looking woman though. Far too good for Tony.  :D

Ziggy ring Specsavers  :D

I had my eyes tested a few weeks ago 5iveTimes.  :P
Testing Accessibility

tyroneboi

Quote from: rrhf on June 17, 2007, 07:48:34 PM
BTW:
B Dooher; Hub; Gormley; Mulligan - absolutely outstanding stuff . great team performance and looking for more this year.

Are you having a laugh naming Hub as being outstanding? i think that was one of his worst ever displays in a Tyrone shirt. Im usually a fan of hughes but he had a nightmare today - his shooting and passing were absolutely terrible for the whole game!!

ziggysego

I wouldn't go as far as you tyroneboi. Hub is usually a lot better than today, but to say he had a nightmare.. that was a bit strong.

Passing was poor at times and he missed a sinner of an open goal, but I'm willing to forgive. Not McGinley though!
Testing Accessibility

down22

I thought kevin hughes had an excellent game. He broke a lot of ball, put in the hard tackles and shored up midfield. Nothing fancy but an extremely competent display. I'll give you that his shooting was poor but overall I thought he'd a great game.

tyroneboi

Quote from: ziggysego on June 17, 2007, 08:00:37 PM
I wouldn't go as far as you tyroneboi. Hub is usually a lot better than today, but to say he had a nightmare.. that was a bit strong.

Passing was poor at times and he missed a sinner of an open goal, but I'm willing to forgive. Not McGinley though!

Like i say i am usually a fan of Hughes - just think he needs to up his game for the long summer ahead (hopefully). He should stick to wat hes good at and let Cavanagh get on with the attacking stuff.

Just dont think that he had the best of days today thats all!