20 years of the PSNI

Started by Truth hurts, November 02, 2021, 09:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 23, 2023, 03:11:09 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 23, 2023, 02:10:53 PM
Quote from: WT4E on February 23, 2023, 01:46:46 PM
SCUM - Shooting someone at all a bad job... but to do it in front of a young son. I hope they catch them and society turn their backs on their like!
You wouldnt get 0.1% who'd support that. Bad cowardly act in front of children.

Would it have been less cowardly or got more support of it wasn't in front of children?

Not my point.

My sentiment is that to shoot a man dead is disgusting but to do it front of his child is on another level.

Armagh18

SCUM - Shooting someone at all a bad job... but to do it in front of a young son. I hope they catch them and society turn their backs on their like!

Would it have been less cowardly or got more support of it wasn't in front of children?
Yeah we'd have given them a parade for doing it.

Ffs. It's a horrible act, made worse by the fact that children were there.

Armagh18

Quote from: WT4E on February 23, 2023, 04:07:46 PM

Not my point.

My sentiment is that to shoot a man dead is disgusting but to do it front of his child is on another level.
Exactly. Although the fella isn't dead in this case, thank god.

pbat

These guys are vermin who should be rounded up and do serious time. I still have a dislike and a mistrust for the police but when you see the Natalie Mc Nally case we can't do without them.

But I'd ask questions of SF policy regarding these scum's strong holds (Coalisland, Strabane, Newry, Derry) over the last 25 years. Deprived areas, with little or no social investment. Republican heartlands of South Armagh and West Belfast don't have issues with these guys. Was it because there was plenty of jobs for the boys post 1997? 2.8 million investment recently announced for Camlough for a canoeing centre just one example.

There is no justification for last night investment or not in areas, but could more be done on the ground to reach out to the young ones before they are caught up with New IRA or whatever else they are calling themselves. 

Saffrongael

Not my point.

Tonto in going out of his way to be offended shocker
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

WT4E

Quote from: pbat on February 23, 2023, 05:00:37 PM
These guys are vermin who should be rounded up and do serious time. I still have a dislike and a mistrust for the police but when you see the Natalie Mc Nally case we can't do without them.

But I'd ask questions of SF policy regarding these scum's strong holds (Coalisland, Strabane, Newry, Derry) over the last 25 years. Deprived areas, with little or no social investment. Republican heartlands of South Armagh and West Belfast don't have issues with these guys. Was it because there was plenty of jobs for the boys post 1997? 2.8 million investment recently announced for Camlough for a canoeing centre just one example.

There is no justification for last night investment or not in areas, but could more be done on the ground to reach out to the young ones before they are caught up with New IRA or whatever else they are calling themselves.

+1 I was brought up in an area where police weren't to be trusted and it probably has followed me longer than it should but this type of thing makes me really realise that police are part of society and these headcases need to be stopped.

I think they are such a small collection that it's now down to families passing this on and not community's. IMO

tonto1888

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 23, 2023, 05:02:07 PM

Not my point.

Tonto in going out of his way to be offended shocker

Wasn't offended in the slightest. Try again. I wasn't replying to WT4E either

Milltown Row2

Are the Guards helping to pick up the drug dealers involved with this hit?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nanderson

If this was the New IRA would they be of the sort to claim responsibility for the attack? I know they did when Lyra McKee was murdered

LC

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 23, 2023, 12:03:17 PM
Arrests made in Omagh and Coalisland
The three men arrested are aged 38, 45 and 47.

They were detained in Omagh and Coalisland.

PSNI Chief Constable Simon Byrne said: "They are currently being questioned by detectives at Musgrave serious crime suite."

One thing for certain they hardly lifted them at their work.  The pond life who still support this sh#te are all useless f@ckers who would not know what a days work is.  The irony of them trying to free Ireland from Britain is them and the generation before them and probably after them will lie about and take everything they can from the British Government in terms of welfare benefits, housing etc.  For a lot of these boys it would be a stretch for them to spell the word republican.

Eire90

colleagues of PSNI officer John Caldwell believe he has been the victim of a personal grudge that developed during his work as senior detective, and may well know his attackers.

Mr Caldwell remains under armed guard in hospital where he is in a critical but stable condition after sustaining multiple gunshot wounds on February 22.

He was standing at the boot of his car with his teenage son when two masked men opened fire inside the carpark of the Youth Sports Centre in Omagh hitting Mr Caldwell several times.

Read more: Senior PSNI officer shot 'in front of young people by masked men'- LIVE updates

Now the job of investigating the attempted murder of the Detective Chief Inspector has fallen to colleagues, many of whom have worked closely with him in the recent past.

And while they believe dissident republicans are behind the attack, they feel this was much more than the attempted murder of a random police officer, this was a premeditated, planned and targeted assassination attempt.

One security source told Belfast Live: "This wasn't just a hit on a policeman, this was a hit on John himself, targeted specifically because of the work he does, targeted because of the difficulties he poses for the people he seeks to bring to justice.

"We believe there's a very clear personal element to this attack on John and we believe that John would know his attackers at the very least, by name.

Armagh18

Quote from: Nanderson on February 23, 2023, 05:45:05 PM
If this was the New IRA would they be of the sort to claim responsibility for the attack? I know they did when Lyra McKee was murdered
You'd imagine so, but theres probably lots of little separate groups claiming to be the new ira or whatever other name they give themselves. I know there was a statement released when Lyra McKee was killed saying that she wasnt the target.

toby47

Another arrest made in Coalisland area. Younger fella this time

imtommygunn

What's the source of what you pasted eire90?

If that's true does that mean it wasn't a republican group or it was? I guess it's not really that conclusive.