Ulster JFC/IFC 2021.

Started by DownFanatic, October 27, 2021, 11:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I think Buttlersbridge are a better outfit than Moortown

smort

Two semi finals to be played first guys, think Tir na nÓg and Butlersbridge will have something to say

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Undoubted. But if I was a betting man just, championship and especially Ulster notorious for upsets

HiMucker

Jesus lads cool the jets  ;D. Honestly think our game on Saturday will be very tight.

Also Randalstown surely great value at 3/1? Anyone who has seen both them and Moortown offer any insight for the punter?

imtommygunn

Randalstown are highly regarded in antrim and antrim clubs actually do not too bad at ulster intermediate level so hopefully they can do something here. (Never at senior or junior but sometimes intermediate lol). (Antrim have had st endas win it and a few finalists).

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 16, 2021, 11:18:58 AM
Randalstown are highly regarded in antrim and antrim clubs actually do not too bad at ulster intermediate level so hopefully they can do something here. (Never at senior or junior but sometimes intermediate lol). (Antrim have had st endas win it and a few finalists).

Never at senior?  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Randalstown coming on under the radar
Unbeaten all year in league and championship
Well organised
I wouldn't rule them out just yet
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

oakleaflad

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 16, 2021, 09:56:38 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on December 16, 2021, 09:24:36 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 15, 2021, 02:24:48 PM
Quote from: clarshack on December 15, 2021, 01:01:03 PM
Moortown will never have a better chance of winning an Ulster Club.

Steelstown have to be favourites
I hope they win but what are you basing this on?

I just think they have demolished pre-tournament favourites, they have a lot of firepower all over the pitch, its theirs to lose. They have to beat Buttlersbridge obviously but Moortown for example on other side of the draw are at the foot of Div 2 in Tyrone and Randalstown are from Antrim lol(joking)
If it was the Monaghan team they shouldn't have been pre-tournament favorites, with respect. Lumped kickouts down the middle despite continuously losing them and kicked ball in against extra defenders. Was like watching a team from 20 years ago playing a team with a modern setup. I just hope it hasn't went to their heads. Again don't get me wrong I hope they win and you're right, I think if their forwards all click they'll cause serious bother. 

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: HiMucker on December 16, 2021, 11:09:42 AM
Jesus lads cool the jets  ;D. Honestly think our game on Saturday will be very tight.

Also Randalstown surely great value at 3/1? Anyone who has seen both them and Moortown offer any insight for the punter?

Seen and played TnaNóg at hurling but not football, be dogged , wont lie down

HiMucker

Quote from: oakleaflad on December 16, 2021, 11:33:20 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 16, 2021, 09:56:38 AM

I just think they have demolished pre-tournament favourites, they have a lot of firepower all over the pitch, its theirs to lose. They have to beat Buttlersbridge obviously but Moortown for example on other side of the draw are at the foot of Div 2 in Tyrone and Randalstown are from Antrim lol(joking)
If it was the Monaghan team they shouldn't have been pre-tournament favorites, with respect. Lumped kickouts down the middle despite continuously losing them and kicked ball in against extra defenders. Was like watching a team from 20 years ago playing a team with a modern setup. I just hope it hasn't went to their heads. Again don't get me wrong I hope they win and you're right, I think if their forwards all click they'll cause serious bother.
That definitely wont be an issue. In fairness you rarely see teams be complacent in provincial club games, due to how hard it is to get there in the first place.

rodney trotter

Butlersbridge have good forwards but defence can be very open. An Riocht opened up the defence 4 or 5 times, got 2 goalst in Second half but,but should have scored a few in first half also.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 16, 2021, 12:35:30 PM
Butlersbridge have good forwards but defence can be very open. An Riocht opened up the defence 4 or 5 times, got 2 goals but in Second half but should have scored a few in first half also.

They are goosed then

Gaafan2

Quote from: toby47 on December 16, 2021, 10:01:31 AM

I've seen both of them numerous times this season, and i'm also of the opinion that Steelstown would wipe the floor with Moortown

Division 2 in Tyrone was considerable weaker this year due to no relegation from 1 last year but promotion from 2. Moortown wouldnt have stood a chance of winning the tyrone intermediate championship had any one of the 4 teams relegated this year been involved.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: gaafan2 on December 16, 2021, 12:53:31 PM
Quote from: toby47 on December 16, 2021, 10:01:31 AM

I've seen both of them numerous times this season, and i'm also of the opinion that Steelstown would wipe the floor with Moortown

Division 2 in Tyrone was considerable weaker this year due to no relegation from 1 last year but promotion from 2. Moortown wouldnt have stood a chance of winning the tyrone intermediate championship had any one of the 4 teams relegated this year been involved.

Yeah thats my reading on it. Steelstown on other hand should have been senior number of times by now

barnish oggie

Quote from: HiMucker on December 16, 2021, 11:09:42 AM

were better value at 9/2 but it came in to 3/1 pretty quickly.

hope they can cause an upset here and have the ability and confidence currently to do it i think, unless things get off to a bad start.