Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: mouview on November 08, 2021, 06:19:02 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 07, 2021, 06:42:03 PM
A good start to the season for David Moyes and West Ham. Both Manchester clubs dumped out of the cup and today hand Liverpool their first defeat of the season and leapfrog them in the table.

Could this defeat be a watershed of sorts for Liverpool? It highlighted I think how quite thin their squad is and how ordinary enough they are in midfield (Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain anyone?). As bonkers though it sounds, I think MU could finish ahead of Liverpool this season. Salah not withstanding, United have a better attack, slight edge to 'pool in midfield, and much greater advantage to them in defence. Klopp light years ahead as a manager. Still, MU should get a good bounce when OGS gets the inevitable chop.

Much greater advantage to them in defence?

Would take some collapse from Liverpool for that to happen. Manchester United will likely be double figures off 4th by the time they sack Solskjaer and its a bit much to expect Brendan Rodgers (if appointed) to get a bounce when he blew Leicester Citys top 4 chances the last two seasons.

RedHand88

A good start to the season for David Moyes and West Ham. Both Manchester clubs dumped out of the cup and today hand Liverpool their first defeat of the season and leapfrog them in the table.

Could this defeat be a watershed of sorts for Liverpool? It highlighted I think how quite thin their squad is and how ordinary enough they are in midfield (Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain anyone?). As bonkers though it sounds, I think MU could finish ahead of Liverpool this season. Salah not withstanding, United have a better attack, slight edge to 'pool in midfield, and much greater advantage to them in defence. Klopp light years ahead as a manager. Still, MU should get a good bounce when OGS gets the inevitable chop.

You arent getting many bites with this...

Main Street

Chelsea v Burnley 1-1
Tuchel V Sean Dyche  -  no contest.   

mouview

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 08, 2021, 07:30:10 PM

Much greater advantage to them in defence?

Would take some collapse from Liverpool for that to happen. Manchester United will likely be double figures off 4th by the time they sack Solskjaer and its a bit much to expect Brendan Rodgers (if appointed) to get a bounce when he blew Leicester Citys top 4 chances the last two seasons.

To clarify, I mean Liverpool have a slight current advantage in midfield and a large advantage in defence. But if you compare match day 22 to 22, it's not hard to argue that MU are at least equal in squad depth, and a stark illustration of how under-achieving they are currently. A new manager would surely improve things quite quickly. Liverpool have the most draws of the top 6 and are probably more reliant on one attacker on his own than any of their immediate rivals. Firmino is now injured for a while and like MU, their keeper has now got a dose of the wobblies. Put another way, I think 'pool are closer to the chasing pack than the top 2 because they haven't the resources of Chelsea or City. Positions 3 - 4 will be a real dogfight this season as West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs, MU (assuming new manager) and Liverpool will all be fighting it out.

lurganblue

Quote from: lurganblue on November 08, 2021, 12:24:19 PM
Dean Smith with the chop yesterday too. Although i'm sad about that, i'm not surprised by it at all. Now, if this position goes to Gerrard as per bookies odds i will be totally gutted.

If Dean Smith has been sacked in the name of progress then ok.  Some of the names i have seen mentioned do not represent progress to me.

Going by all the news outlets it looks like this is about to come to pass. Sure what do i know... I wanted Lambert at the time and look how that turned out.

Gerrard clearly feels he cant go from Rangers to Liverpool and needs something else in between.

quit yo jibbajabba

If Gerrard leaves the Gers mid season he'll not be a popular boyo in the same way Brodge isnt loved by the Celts

NAG1

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 10, 2021, 09:21:56 AM
If Gerrard leaves the Gers mid season he'll not be a popular boyo in the same way Brodge isnt loved by the Celts

Surely with their current financial mess they would welcome the compensation that would come a long with poaching a manager mid season?

lurganblue

Quote from: NAG1 on November 10, 2021, 09:32:05 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 10, 2021, 09:21:56 AM

Surely with their current financial mess they would welcome the compensation that would come a long with poaching a manager mid season?

Again, paper talk says comp would be about 3m. Not a massive amount in football but maybe it is to Rangers.

laoislad

Stevie G to Villa confirmed. Best of luck to him. Massive step up from the piss poor SPL though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armagh18

Quote from: laoislad on November 11, 2021, 10:05:33 AM
Stevie G to Villa confirmed. Best of luck to him. Massive step up from the piss poor SPL though.
Will Rangers implode now? I reckon he'll do reasonably ok at Villa unfortunately.

BennyCake

More proof that the SPL is just a stepping stone for managers. Learn their trade there and jump ship when an offer from the PL comes up.

lurganblue

The fact that it looks like his whole backroom team is coming with him is a huge plus.  There is a lot work needed at Villa but he will be backed in Jan no doubt.

quit yo jibbajabba

So, Romain Molina....discuss.

Some serious serious allegations bein fired around, mostly European teams but some Prem teams/players.

Far too many revelations to list here