Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Fair play ung O'Neill, true words. Theres little doubt theyre one of the best teams ive seen in my time but end of the day its titles that are the measure.

Ignoring all the infighting from the traditional big teams and fans theres a city team gona get their 4th title in 5yrs and its only pool that have come close in most of those years. Last thing anyone wants is a league similar to where PSG and Bayern win each year at a canter.

I take solace in that we broke our 30yr duck won no6 also and are in 2 finals and are in great shape moving forward

Capt Pat

The champions league is the big one. True it would be nice to win the league more often and City are spoiling Liverpools fun but City still have no champions league titles.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 07, 2022, 10:19:46 PM
The champions league is the big one. True it would be nice to win the league more often and City are spoiling Liverpools fun but City still have no champions league titles.

Winning the League puts us joint top with Man u with 20 titles. That dilutes huge bragging rites!

Milltown Row2

If Liverpool can slip up so can City
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Think not having that away goal shite has improved the competition but winning your own league over 38 games, and the mental and physical pressure of that, trumps a cup competition. Actually had to Google last year's CL final to see who won.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2022, 10:22:32 PM

Winning the League puts us joint top with Man u with 20 titles. That dilutes huge bragging rites!

This. And Shankly said the league was our bread and butter thats good enough for me.
If we were lucky enough to win 3or4 leagues in a short space your preference could change but until then its the league for me

Wildweasel74

Winning your league is the only thing.seriously, this is only a English and sky mentality thing, IE: We the best league in the world etc, Load of crap to be honest. Champions of Europe always been the Big boy on the Block etc, They always been the titles that matter.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 07, 2022, 11:02:55 PM
Winning your league is the only thing.seriously, this is only a English and sky mentality thing, IE: We the best league in the world etc, Load of crap to be honest. Champions of Europe always been the Big boy on the Block etc, They always been the titles that matter.

Not always the champions that win it, bit diluted nowadays
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Suppose it like winning an Ireland through the bck door, you take it if you can get it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 07, 2022, 11:08:50 PM
Suppose it like winning an Ireland through the bck door, you take it if you can get it.

Much preferred the original tbh, All Ireland that is

Main Street

Yous cant' see that O'Neill is taking the píss, feckin' crocodile tears over the fate of Liverpool re the title.

Milltown Row2

Klopp wasn't happy with Spurs tactics... probably wanted them to play like Utd

Armagh18

Quote from: ONeill on May 07, 2022, 09:24:03 PM
Dunno how this game will end up, but this is the 2nd time in succession I've watched Liverpool leave a team punch drunk. Villarreal were done at half time despite 2-0 up. Staggering off for the break. Spurs look like a side that has played 300 minutes. Maybe they'll sneak a draw but Liverpool are something else.
PED's.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Newcastle obviously didn't read the script