Author Topic: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - Fleg Lives Matter  (Read 65859 times)

Kickham csc

• View Profile
Re: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - Fleg Lives Matter
« Reply #840 on: April 09, 2021, 03:19:34 PM »
I live in the states now.

The problem with integrated education is that you need an integrated society in order for it to work.

My daughter goes to a Catholic school. At least 30% of the school are not Catholic and it's not even a discussion. No one cares. Confirmation and communion classes are conducted via Sunday schools at the local churches. The school does embed a Catholic philosophy and they have religion class which includes international religion, but because it is a catholic school it does focus on Catholicism. The number one focus of the parents is quality of education provided and what universities does the school pupils get accepted into (another quality indicator)

My other sons go to local schools and because the local community is diverse, the school is. Parents also are focused on the quality of education provided.

From a NI schools point of view,
Does Catholic education provide a quality education? - General indicators point to yes it does
Will eliminating catholic education in favor of integrated education improve quality of education? - debatable, not a certainty, and some could argue it might reduce the quality of education (examples listed above)
Do you integrate schools now when communities aren't integrated?
Has catholic education played a part in nurturing a self confidence in the catholic / nationalist / communities during the past 50 years? - Yes it did.
Would integrated schools embrace Irish culture, GAA, music, language? Embrace is not token effort, but rather commit to delivering meaningful programs

I do see the need for integrated education, but I believe catholic schools are not a root cause to NI societal problems, and the elimination of them will not completely solve the segregated society we live in.

We need a complete package of schooling system, religion based, integrated and independent schools. And there should also be an effort to form linkages will other schools.

But poverty, lack of employment opportunities, poor education standards / performance are more important priorities than integrated education

pbat

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 09, 2021, 04:50:46 PM »
They are calling off protests tonight apparently in respect of Phillip, couldn't be seen trying to attack taigs or cops when the royals are mourning.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 09, 2021, 04:53:06 PM »
That's nice of them.

Does that mean Covid regulations on gatherings are back on?

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 09, 2021, 04:58:16 PM »
Well at least I got the afternoon off work.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 09, 2021, 05:10:05 PM »
They are calling off protests tonight apparently in respect of Phillip, couldn't be seen trying to attack taigs or cops when the royals are mourning.

Let's hope it is an English type funeral where they don't bury you for a few weeks.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Saffrongael

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 09, 2021, 05:27:25 PM »

Have our own heroes called a halt too ?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 09, 2021, 07:24:39 PM »
This is pure shite!! I was hoping for a repeat of Drumcree!!

EG is correct in that the Unionist and even soft prod wonít be voting for in any shape or form for a UI, itís not happening in my life time, in twenty years time youíll need all the catholics voting for it.

But as long as successive governments continue to bash each other and stoke up hatred and do the blame game then itíll never happen.

Depressing, nearly as depressing as lockdown

Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)