Legal eagle help needed!

Started by RedHand88, March 18, 2021, 06:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: APM on March 19, 2021, 01:10:03 PM
Do not give in to a p***k like that!!

I would agree with this but its not me being threatened with legal action. I would imagine that as long as the review is factually accurate I fail to see how you could be in the wrong. This was in the news recently but this guy clearly slandered/defamed the firm by calling them "another scam solicitor",

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56017604

From an easy life perspective, if it was me would I really want it hanging over me for what, to keep up a bad (but accurate) review? By teh way RedHand88 I would love you to come back here a say that you stuck to your guns because assholes like that deserve every bad review they get.

On a completely unrelated topic, there are plenty of people on this board with multiple email addresses, aliases etc who love a good anonymous feud online.....what review site was this again??  ;) ;)

APM

Quote from: TabClear on March 19, 2021, 01:37:29 PM
Quote from: APM on March 19, 2021, 01:10:03 PM
Do not give in to a p***k like that!!
I would agree with this but its not me being threatened with legal action.
Fair point!!

thebigfella

Just PM everyone who it is and we'll all leave reviews.

Angelo

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

RedHand88

Ah I'm just gonna leave it lads thanks, already suffered enough hassle for it! I will send him a very long text message outlining how what he had done is wrong and i will be sending a data retention letter. Thanks for all the advice though. When people ask what the point is of the board anymore they can look at this thread.
As for your man, he deserves to be locked in a room with Angelo and Sid debating Irish history/US politics for the next 20 years   ;D ;D ;D

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 19, 2021, 05:36:11 PM
Ah I'm just gonna leave it lads thanks, already suffered enough hassle for it! I will send him a very long text message outlining how what he had done is wrong and i will be sending a data retention letter. Thanks for all the advice though. When people ask what the point is of the board anymore they can look at this thread.
As for your man, he deserves to be locked in a room with Angelo and Sid debating Irish history/US politics for the next 20 years   ;D ;D ;D

Easy for us all to have an opinion not facing into it. However for what it's worth you're man is bang out of order. I hope your wife is ok.

quit yo jibbajabba

Disappointed my shittin in the letterbox wasnt more seriously considered

*leaves forum forever*

Jim Bob

You can delete it for now.....then check that you did nothing illegal and if you find out  that the firm can't touch you stick the review up again...l

David McKeown

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 19, 2021, 12:45:47 PM
Rang him today and explained the data protection breach and how he's no right to be out at my door.
They doubled down and said it wasn't a data breach, that they need to hold onto data and that I was free to go to the police and make an ass of myself if I wanted.
Said I would be forced to pay out £10k+ in court, that they've won these cases before and for me to remove the post and get on with my life.

Tbh, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle and he seemed cocky enough to make me second guess it, so I'll probably just give in.

Why would the police get involved in a civil matter.  I hate bullying like this, its like those parking ticket letters using the English case law to intimidate.  Unfortunately as I was saying last night its becoming more and more common.  At the same time I can understand your position sometimes its just easier not to let the bastards get to you.  The idea of any Judge awarding 10k here is laughable.  They'd also need to seek an injunction against the website on which its published.  All nonsense from them.  Pure bullying
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

David McKeown

Quote from: John Egans left boot on March 19, 2021, 10:43:43 AM
David

Have you left the society of reprobates otherwise known as the North or Ireland bar?

If so best of luck in whatever your doing !!!

Na just harking back to my previous career

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: David McKeown on March 19, 2021, 09:23:29 PM
Rang him today and explained the data protection breach and how he's no right to be out at my door.
They doubled down and said it wasn't a data breach, that they need to hold onto data and that I was free to go to the police and make an ass of myself if I wanted.
Said I would be forced to pay out £10k+ in court, that they've won these cases before and for me to remove the post and get on with my life.

Tbh, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle and he seemed cocky enough to make me second guess it, so I'll probably just give in.

Why would the police get involved in a civil matter.  I hate bullying like this, its like those parking ticket letters using the English case law to intimidate.  Unfortunately as I was saying last night its becoming more and more common.  At the same time I can understand your position sometimes its just easier not to let the bastards get to you.  The idea of any Judge awarding 10k here is laughable.  They'd also need to seek an injunction against the website on which its published.  All nonsense from them.  Pure bullying

While all you say is correct i would think that shitting through the letter box would be the strongest argument that could be made. I'm with jibbajabba

David McKeown

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 19, 2021, 09:56:34 PM

While all you say is correct i would think that shitting through the letter box would be the strongest argument that could be made. I'm with jibbajabba

Its only the angles required that was putting me off

brokencrossbar1

An important factor on internet 'defamation' is that a lot depends on the hosting website and where they are based. If, for example, they are based in the US they are governed by US libel laws, which are overridden by the constitutional freedom of speech. They're being arseholes and I personally would call their bluff but it's not my name.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: David McKeown on March 19, 2021, 09:59:37 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 19, 2021, 09:56:34 PM

Its only the angles required that was putting me off

Ta for the support bcb1 😃 and to be fair i agree with you David. Id a mate took a widdle thro next doors letterbox back in my Agincourt days which was one of my most memorable nights in Belfast but thats another story for another day for another thread 😃😎

Louther

That's fairly disgusting - take a shit through the letter box. Sick men.

Can you just not use the tried and trusted ways of posting his phone number on buy & sell giving something away for free or better again on a sex site as a lonely lady looking dominant dirty talking men. The old ways always the best.