Joe Duffy - Liveline

Started by From the Bunker, February 08, 2021, 06:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

did you previously post as angelo... It is similar style and therefore ive no interest in responding other to say we agree he is selfish and I never demended he take it either as you claim.

Baile an tuaigh

Joe Duffy is an over paid establishment man. He interviewed a friend of mine last year on his radio station and thought he would take a hand out of him. Big mistake on his end. .My friend was to learned for his "Gerry Springer" approach.it actually back fired on him. Duffy is snide, rude and condescending spineless whizling.

sid waddell

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on October 09, 2021, 03:35:33 PM
Joe Duffy is an over paid establishment man. He interviewed a friend of mine last year on his radio station and thought he would take a hand out of him. Big mistake on his end. .My friend was to learned for his "Gerry Springer" approach.it actually back fired on him. Duffy is snide, rude and condescending spineless whizling.
Duffy grew up in Ballyfermot, establishment he ain't.

And he got where he is purely on merit.

It really annoys lads when this is pointed out.

Tres Bien

Callum Robinson making that sc**bag Duffy eat his words now.

Well done young man.

Gmac

Quote from: Tres Bien on October 09, 2021, 05:41:39 PM
Callum Robinson making that sc**bag Duffy eat his words now.

Well done young man.
good for him , won't shut up the Karen's though.

Snapchap

Sorry but not taking the vaccine is 100% a selfish decision. Its a matter of fact that people have faced critical delays in getting surgery, cancer treatments etc due to hospitals being over-stretched by covid. The best way to ensure that doesn't continue is by a successful vaccination programme. Given that we know the vaccine is safe, then there is simply no good reason not to get it.

Tres Bien

Quote from: Snapchap on October 09, 2021, 06:51:52 PM
Sorry but not taking the vaccine is 100% a selfish decision. Its a matter of fact that people have faced critical delays in getting surgery, cancer treatments etc due to hospitals being over-stretched by covid. The best way to ensure that doesn't continue is by a successful vaccination programme. Given that we know the vaccine is safe, then there is simply no good reason not to get it.

The vaccine either works or it doesn't.

You seem to be one of those that say it's effectively useless is it?

Young, fit and healthy people don't really need this vaccine, the data backs that up. It's as selfish for people demanding young, fit and healthy people get the vaccine against their will as people who as it is for young people to choose not to get the vaccine. There has to be respect for people's choices and some people don't seem to be showing any towards that.

There should be tolerance and respect in society and gaslighting and insulting people who should have the ability to make decisions regarding their health is just nasty.

If you had a state broadcaster fit for purpose then Duffy would have censored and suspended over his comments on Robinson.

sid waddell

The only people Callum Robinson stuck it to were the Azerbaijanis, and and I'm glad he did that, as somebody who has attended Ireland matches since 1987.

He remains 100% wrong in his decision not to be vaccinated, as are the other Irish players who have made the same decision, and in this regard has "stuck it" to precisely nobody.

Joe Duffy and everybody else who has called out this decision are wholly correct.

It is a deeply selfish, evidence rejecting decision which affects the whole of society in a negative way.

Snapchap

Quote from: Tres Bien on October 09, 2021, 07:09:13 PM

Young, fit and healthy people don't really need this vaccine, the data backs that up. It's as selfish for people demanding young, fit and healthy people get the vaccine against their will as people who as it is for young people to choose not to get the vaccine. There has to be respect for people's choices and some people don't seem to be showing any towards that.

There should be tolerance and respect in society and gaslighting and insulting people who should have the ability to make decisions regarding their health is just nasty.

If you had a state broadcaster fit for purpose then Duffy would have censored and suspended over his comments on Robinson.

I'm not demanding people take it, so relax the straw man arguments. I AM saying that those who choose not to take it are being wreckless, arrogant and selfish.

And society DOES need young to take it. Taking it reduces transmission rates by up to two thirds, regardless of age. That is scientifically tested and proven. The lower the transmission rates the lower the case numbers, the lesser the pressure on the health service, the less people will needlessly have to face delays for critical care/cancer treatments/surgery etc.

It has also been scientifically tested and proven that the vaccine is safe, so again, there is no good reason for young people to choose not to take it.

To not take it is indefensible stupidity, arrogance and selfishness.

Tres Bien

Quote from: Snapchap on October 09, 2021, 08:24:49 PM
Quote from: Tres Bien on October 09, 2021, 07:09:13 PM

I'm not demanding people take it, so relax the straw man arguments. I AM saying that those who choose not to take it are being wreckless, arrogant and selfish.

And society DOES need young to take it. Taking it reduces transmission rates by up to two thirds, regardless of age. That is scientifically tested and proven. The lower the transmission rates the lower the case numbers, the lesser the pressure on the health service, the less people will needlessly have to face delays for critical care/cancer treatments/surgery etc.

It has also been scientifically tested and proven that the vaccine is safe, so again, there is no good reason for young people to choose not to take it.

To not take it is indefensible stupidity, arrogance and selfishness.

They are not being reckless, arrogant & selfish.

The people, like you, leading campaigns of shame and projecting tags onto a person who exercises their own choice on this are the ones who are reckless, arrogant and selfish. Who are you to tell and judge people? Why do you get to decide for people and cast aspersions on their character because they have a different viewpoint?

People are entitled to make a choice on this matter, they are entitled to have that choice respected. Respect is a two way street and when you go around throwing tags out about people, simply because they take a different view on this matter to others, then there is no respect. We have intolerance and the backlash against Robinson was disgusting.

If I came on here and linked your outlook and the outlook of people on you, who want to shame and degrade people on the vaccine issue - to the death or illnesses of people who took the vaccine - an example being that lady who worked with the BBC and had a blood clot and died, that it was your arrogance and selfishness that was impacting this - what would you say?

There are three types of people in this debate

1) Anti-vaxx nutters who go on about 5g and all this and dissuade everyone from taking the vaccine
2) Sensible and rational middle grounders who can see the vaccine is a personal choice and people should make informed decisions on the basis of their health, age and exposure to others and who don't try and misrepresent or label anyone whose views differ with theirs.
3) Vaccine fascists who want everyone to get vaccinated regardless and don't respect anyone with an opposing view or who exercises their personal decision not to get one

Sadly you are falling into option 3, that's totalitarianism.

How about showing a bit of respect to Robinson, accept he has his reasons and you disagree with him. Respect he has weighed up the options and feels he has came to the best ones for himself and avoid gaslighting him by saying he's selfish, arrogant and reckless. Do you think going around calling people with a different viewpoint to you on this as selfish, arrogant or reckless is a good way to win people around? I don't and vaccine fascists do every bit as much to polarise this debate as the anti-vaxx nuts.

I'm in category 2 myself, I haven't got the vaccine - not because I'm anti vax or don't think they work but I've seen the data and I can see that 13 deaths in 150k cases in the u40 age group shows its not really too much of a threat. It's as much an anomaly as me hopping into my car and wrapping it around a tree on a 20 mile journey. I respect anyone who wants to go and get a vaccine if that's what they wish to do. I'm not going to call them selfish or arrogant or reckless for doing so. If I display symptoms I'll follow the advice on isolation and restricting my movements and will get myself tested. I'd imagine most sensible people will do this. It's a bit irking to be taking moral lectures from people with zero tolerance and zero respect for opposing viewpoints.

sid waddell

Anybody who refuses the vaccine is arrogantly flicking a two fingers sign at frontline medical staff.

They're deliberately making their lives much harder, for no reason except wanton, selfish ignorance.

This "Tres Bien" character is one of those.

quit yo jibbajabba

Sid - tres bien. Tred bien - sid.
Although i think yous have met before

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JoG2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 09, 2021, 09:26:14 PM

;D. Angelo has the big sister's laptop back.

Tres Bien

Quote from: JoG2 on October 09, 2021, 09:31:41 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 09, 2021, 09:26:14 PM

;D. Angelo has the big sister's laptop back.

4 weeks on and you're still greeting.

;D ;D ;D