Poll

What has made you login less frequently or even considering packing this board in?

The upcoming 10 in a row and the debate this has produced (Dubs)
Very little local gaa discussion about my county
The same shite being repeated over and over again eg Covid and vaccine threads
Angelo
Sid Waddell

Author Topic: What is the point of this board anymore?  (Read 12132 times)

ziggy90

• Waiting for manna coming from the west.
    • View Profile
Re: What is the point of this board anymore?
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2021, 12:57:19 PM »
Sorry for your loss sid and may your dad RIP.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2021, 11:12:44 PM »
The quality of discussion probably dipped here 5+ years ago, if not longer, never mind now.

What turns you off?

I don't like to pick on certain posters but the 2 mentioned mustn't have much of a life to spend an insatiable amount of their time on here. I personally have nothing against Sid but I do recognise that his opinions can be divisive to others.
Just to let you know that you were correct in your questioning and tbh there isn't really any point to the vast majority of the threads on this board.     

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2021, 09:34:44 AM »
I recently offered Sid sympathy on his fathers illness and assured him I'd say a few prayers for him, which I did immediately. I also offered my sympathies on his father's passing.

Last night, in the first interaction I've had with him since, Sid accused me of 'being into dead children'.

Posting to this thread as it's one the Mods seemed to be keeping an eye on. I posted a comment on it a few weeks ago saying some people take gaaboard a little too seriously. Fairly innocuous, but that post was deleted. So what exactly does Sid have to say to earn himself a permanent ban?

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2021, 09:38:44 AM »
I recently offered Sid sympathy on his fathers illness and assured him I'd say a few prayers for him, which I did immediately. I also offered my sympathies on his father's passing.

Last night, in the first interaction I've had with him since, Sid accused me of 'being into dead children'.

Posting to this thread as it's one the Mods seemed to be keeping an eye on. I posted a comment on it a few weeks ago saying some people take gaaboard a little too seriously. Fairly innocuous, but that post was deleted. So what exactly does Sid have to say to earn himself a permanent ban?

Sid isn't the only one who needs banned permanently regarding that thread.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2021, 09:45:23 AM »

Sid isn't the only one who needs banned permanently regarding that thread.

Aye you should go too with some of your disgraceful commentary.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2021, 09:33:43 PM »
lol what is the story with this new Mod? Had two apparent "misdemeanors" so far.

1. Had a post deleted for saying some people take the board too seriously.

2. Sid Waddell posted a comment where he accused me of being "into dead children". I reported the comment and am just now returning from a two day ban for my trouble.

WTF? :o

StPatsAbu

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2021, 09:42:29 PM »
lol what is the story with this new Mod? Had two apparent "misdemeanors" so far.

1. Had a post deleted for saying some people take the board too seriously.

2. Sid Waddell posted a comment where he accused me of being "into dead children". I reported the comment and am just now returning from a two day ban for my trouble.

WTF? :o

Mods are Liverpool fans I think. Have been having hissy fits ever since the bindippers imploded ;D

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2021, 11:35:40 PM »
Id say stpats could be gettin an oul holiday shortly also

tbrick18

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2021, 04:59:33 PM »
I am truly sorry to hear about your father and I hope he can pull out of danger. It may not look likely right now  but letís hope your dad will prove to be an exception to the general run.
I genuinely understand why the amount of pseudo experts who peddle false Covid-related information upsets you. They carry a frightful responsibility as they dole out crap that could cause a loss of innocent lives if anyone should believe what they are saying.
I too am enraged by the sort of fake news you refer to.
 I contracted the virus and spent a number of days in Beaumont Hospital. In all honesty, I cannot decide which was worse, the virus or the stay in the hospital ward. I wouldnít wish either on my worst enemy- assuming I have one of those.
My main memory is of the frontline staff literally running as they tried to do their work. The sweat was pumping out of them as they all were wearing around a stone of PPE gear. The fear of contracting the virus terrifies each and every one of them as they see the effects of the virus on all sides.
I cannot understand the mentality of those who seek to downplay the effects of Covid-19 or who brag about their refusal to take the vaccine if it was made available to them.
I stay away from Covid-related discussions on this board because I am upset by the amount of nonsense I see posted and I donít want to go into them in detail.
Although I have noticed that a few posters that Iíd normally rate as sensible, are inclined to downplay the effects of the virus or claim they wonít avail of the vaccine.
The most charitable thing I can say to them is that, if they were to spend 30 5 minutes in a Covid ward, they would change their views fast.
Keep the faith sid and I hope you can bear with whatever lies in store. I hope the news will be good.
Thanks for your good wishes Lar and to the other posters who expressed sympathies over my Dad's condition, that's a very well written post and I'm so glad for you that you have overcome Covid. I myself was sweating in the PPE - gown, gloves, mask, visor, and I was only a visitor so wasn't running around like the staff. My Dad was actually lucky in some ways in that he ended up in a single room, and we were able to visit him since Sunday as he no longer classed as infectious, but sadly he died yesterday morning with me and my Mam cradling him in our arms. The culprit was 100% Covid, it ravaged his system to the point where antibiotics would no longer work, dexamethasone wouldn't work, nothing else would work in terms of saving him, and the sound of him struggling to breathe at some points over his last couple of of days will haunt me forever, it sounded like he was drowning. He opened his eyes with about 12 hours left to try and communicate with me, as if he was asking me to save him, I know he knew I was there, but I was helpless except to try and comfort him with words, and he was helpless and so were the staff to do anything except try and make him as comfortable as possible. It's a f**king horrible way to die and I wouldn't wish his last week on anybody, nor my last week.

I haven't been on this thread for a while so only seeing his now.
Deepest condolences Sid. Genuinely sorry for your loss and it's heartbreaking to hear how your Dad suffered.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2021, 10:13:31 AM »
So I've been made aware from the mod that there are a cabal of posters going through backchannels and putting pressure on them to ban me off the forum

I'm sorry to break it to you guys, but it's not the schoolyard any more.

I do have to say I find it utterly pathetic that RossFan goes around telling everyone how he has me on ignore, telling everyone they should do the same and then a few posts later will be contributing snide digs at a poster he claims to have on ignore and wants everyone else to ignore.

I like most have to suffer RossFan's posts but I'm not the sort of petulant or entitled chap who then tries to get the moderator to ban him off the forum, I would back myself to handle the situation and show him up for what he is and I'd take satisfaction in doing so. Rossfan likes to run behind people's back and try and get them ran off the forum when they show him up.

There's a thing call tolerance. We are all posters here, we all have opinions, we all offer views, it's a discussion forum but quite a large cohort of posters only want their views heard. I will challenge anyone's views and they can feel free to do the same with mine, I won't complain.

Then there's the posters who can challenge other posters views but throw the toys out of the pan and I don't think it's right that these posters are now trying to call the shots on which posters can and cannot contribute their side of the argument.

There's only a few threads I post on here anyway, people can take it or leave it, but some people simply cannot practice tolerance and want control the output.

So I'll leave it at this. I have no real interest in posting on a forum where I'm on a leash and at the mercy of mob rule. I will let you decide, if Rossfan can drum up 40 posters to join his campaign of controlling output on here then I have no problem leaving, I'd be glad to.

thebigfella

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 11, 2021, 10:20:07 AM »
So I've been made aware from the mod that there are a cabal of posters going through backchannels and putting pressure on them to ban me off the forum

I do have to say I find it utterly pathetic that RossFan goes around telling everyone how he has me on ignore, telling everyone they should do the same and then a few posts later will be contributing snide digs at a poster he claims to have on ignore and wants everyone else to ignore.

I like most have to suffer RossFan's posts but I'm not the sort of petulant or entitled chap who then tries to get the moderator to ban him off the forum, I would back myself to handle the situation and show him up for what he is and I'd take satisfaction in doing so. Rossfan likes to run behind people's back and try and get them ran off the forum when they show him up.

There's a thing call tolerance. We are all posters here, we all have opinions, we all offer views, it's a discussion forum but quite a large cohort of posters only want their views heard. I will challenge anyone's views and they can feel free to do the same with mine, I won't complain.

Then there's the posters who can challenge other posters views but throw the toys out of the pan and I don't think it's right that these posters are now trying to call the shots on which posters can and cannot contribute their side of the argument.

There's only a few threads I post on here anyway, people can take it or leave it, but some people simply cannot practice tolerance and want control the output.

So I'll leave it at this. I have no real interest in posting on a forum where I'm on a leash and at the mercy of mob rule. I will let you decide, if Rossfan can drum up 40 posters to join his campaign of controlling output on here then I have no problem leaving, I'd be glad to.

No they didn't.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2021, 10:21:11 AM »

No they didn't.

Guilty conscience perhaps?

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2021, 10:22:44 AM »

No they didn't.

Itís like a Joe Brolly story.  ;D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

thebigfella

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2021, 10:25:04 AM »

No they didn't.

I have a job so don't have the time to read through you incoherent and inconsistant ramblings.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2021, 10:30:44 AM »

No they didn't.

I have a job so don't have the time to read through you incoherent and inconsistant ramblings.

I can assure you it's no lie.

Certain posters on here are running behind my back trying to get me banned off the forum. Simply because they cannot tolerate another poster having views and opinions different to them on a discussion forum.

They should at least have the decency to do it in public. If you are one of them, get in touch with Rossfan, he only needs 40 names to put to it and you won't have to deal with me anymore.