Poll

What has made you login less frequently or even considering packing this board in?

The upcoming 10 in a row and the debate this has produced (Dubs)
Very little local gaa discussion about my county
The same shite being repeated over and over again eg Covid and vaccine threads
Angelo
Sid Waddell

Author Topic: What is the point of this board anymore?  (Read 11945 times)

blasmere

• View Profile
What is the point of this board anymore?
« on: January 17, 2021, 04:22:03 PM »
The quality of discussion probably dipped here 5+ years ago, if not longer, never mind now.

What turns you off?

I don't like to pick on certain posters but the 2 mentioned mustn't have much of a life to spend an insatiable amount of their time on here. I personally have nothing against Sid but I do recognise that his opinions can be divisive to others.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

restorepride

• View Profile
Re: What is the point of this board anymore?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 04:38:06 PM »
I could take it or leave it, mostly I leave it.  More action on the fields would cut out a lot of the 'off-season' crap.  Can't believe how much soccer on a GAA Discussion Board - boring.  Really you have some posters more interested in their ego that any constructive debate or discussion, some being deliberately divisive or insulting. 

When the fun is over time to stop?!   

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 06:11:47 PM »
The quality of discussion probably dipped here 5+ years ago, if not longer, never mind now.

What turns you off?

I don't like to pick on certain posters but the 2 mentioned mustn't have much of a life to spend an insatiable amount of their time on here. I personally have nothing against Sid but I do recognise that his opinions can be divisive to others.
The question isn't whether my opinions are "divisive"

The question is whether they are correct

joemamas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 06:41:44 PM »
Pure sh*te at this point.
Back in the day, I would come on here for GAA match reports and previews before I would even look at the Irish newspapers. Some of the bloggers were first class, and were very knowledgeable and honest in their posting. there are like Hen's teeth now.

As for the general discussion, when you see idiots like the previous poster, posting four or five consecutive blogs on the same topic, well need I say anymore.

I have gone from coming on daily to maybe once a week or even less.

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 06:58:15 PM »
Pure sh*te at this point.
Back in the day, I would come on here for GAA match reports and previews before I would even look at the Irish newspapers. Some of the bloggers were first class, and were very knowledgeable and honest in their posting. there are like Hen's teeth now.

As for the general discussion, when you see idiots like the previous poster, posting four or five consecutive blogs on the same topic, well need I say anymore.

I have gone from coming on daily to maybe once a week or even less.
You're no loss

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 07:15:09 PM »

What turns you off?

I think you have as much right to post here as anyone else. If someone thinks your posts suck, they don't have to read it--simple as.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 07:16:42 PM »

What turns you off?

I think you have as much right to post here as anyone else. If someone thinks your posts suck, they don't have to read it--simple as.
+1
That is what the Ignore function is for. Now if people would just stop quoting them...

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 07:54:58 PM »
This was a forum where a majority discussion was inter-county football.

Bar talking about Dublin's wealth and advantages, there's nothing to discuss anymore on that topic.

Little did we know when the game was at it's height in the '00's that this would soon be coming to an end.

Now we have pages and pages about US Politics, Covid and the Premier league.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 08:14:11 PM »
I donít think the moderation of  this site is very good. Sid is divisive at times and should have been suspended for a while for some personal stuff but that aside I find some of his stuff interesting.

That other balloon on the other hand. Could everyone not ignore? Itís not that the opinions are divisive they are just utter nonsense then people get all the insults of the day for having a very reasonable opinion. I just donít know or see how there is a functional adult behind that keyboard.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 08:16:47 PM »
Take a look back at some of the posts from the first few pages..

Some havenít aged well, others uncanny predictions

Sinn Fein: politics finished in the South 2007 thread
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 08:24:59 PM »
I donít think the moderation of  this site is very good. Sid is divisive at times and should have been suspended for a while for some personal stuff but that aside I find some of his stuff interesting.

That other balloon on the other hand. Could everyone not ignore? Itís not that the opinions are divisive they are just utter nonsense then people get all the insults of the day for having a very reasonable opinion. I just donít know or see how there is a functional adult behind that keyboard.

+1

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 08:25:58 PM »
It is a useful forum to raise weird and wonderful questions among like minded people.

No other place like it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 08:27:35 PM »
It is a useful forum to raise weird and wonderful questions among like minded people.

No other place like it.

And not did you raise some crackers !!

Early Seafoidíest
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 08:43:15 PM »

Interestingly enough in the early stages of the pandemic Angelo was one of the most pro-lockdown people

But I guess QEwanon MacKenna then changed his opinions so Angelo had no choice but to do so as well

The last quoted post here is rather ironic

This is a life and death matter and we are all responsible for how we can limit the casualties.

Unless your journey is essential, you should not be on the road and if you are then you should meet the full penalties of the law for being so self-centred, reckless and arrogant in these times.

This is quite simply a life and death matter that we can have a positive impact on by adhering to the guidelines.

Civil liberties should be way down the list of what is important at the minute.

You seem to feel quite entitled.

Everyone is the same boat but there's always some asshole who thinks they are special and deserve to do what they and everyone else has been told they can't.

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 09:09:28 PM »
Lads, like everything in life, don't take it too serious.