Northern nationalists versus ?

Started by Orior, December 29, 2020, 11:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 06:27:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2020, 06:13:00 PM
Stop talking shite and stop digging a hole for yourself Angelo. Why don't you ask someone from these areas, try that first

You're the one that's got caught talking out your arse as usual. You look at Belfast and the amount of working class protestants there, if they are not voting for the DUP then why are they consistently returning DUP candidates in their electoral wards? If working class Protestants are not voting for the DUP then tell me who they are voting for?

I find it utterly bizarre how working class protestants vote for the DUP but it's an absolute fact that they do - something you seem to be denying its the case.

I've explained already why they vote DUP and not PUP, I find it bizarre why you can't read my posts !!!

DUP keep SF out, PUP have absolutely no one that would have the intellect or ability to keep two factions within working class loyalist together.

Exactly and that's what loyalism and unionism boils down to.

What will the DUP do for working class protestants? Nothing.

Why do they vote for the DUP? Because the DUP are a vile, bigoted party whose whole mandate is based on sectarian hatred and that's what you have to deal with when it comes to unionism.

You can say the PUP have nobody of the intellect or ability but it's also because the most important thing that drives a voter from working class protestant areas is clearly sectarian issues, it's not the betterment of their lives or their children's lives, it's keeping the protestant ascendancy and keeping the catholics down. Do you think Poots, Sammy Wilson or Gregory Campbell are men of intellect or ability?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 07:04:57 PM
Stop talking shite and stop digging a hole for yourself Angelo. Why don't you ask someone from these areas, try that first

You're the one that's got caught talking out your arse as usual. You look at Belfast and the amount of working class protestants there, if they are not voting for the DUP then why are they consistently returning DUP candidates in their electoral wards? If working class Protestants are not voting for the DUP then tell me who they are voting for?

I find it utterly bizarre how working class protestants vote for the DUP but it's an absolute fact that they do - something you seem to be denying its the case.

I've explained already why they vote DUP and not PUP, I find it bizarre why you can't read my posts !!!

DUP keep SF out, PUP have absolutely no one that would have the intellect or ability to keep two factions within working class loyalist together.

Why do they vote for the DUP? Because the DUP are a vile, bigoted party whose whole mandate is based on sectarian hatred and that's what you have to deal with when it comes to unionism.

You can say the PUP have nobody of the intellect or ability but it's also because the most important thing that drives a voter from working class protestant areas is clearly sectarian issues, it's not the betterment of their lives or their children's lives, it's keeping the protestant ascendancy and keeping the catholics down. Do you think Poots, Sammy Wilson or Gregory Campbell are men of intellect or ability?

Their intellect is better than yours as I've answered this question and you keep saying the same thing...

Tell me how many of the 900,000 unionists would listen to your  rubbish?

None, and that's why people like you will not  be encouraging unionist/loyalists into a UI

Take your head out of a sf arse and think for yourself, the north needs a party that will attract both sides, the farce we've had these past four odd years is pathetic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

grounded

Quote from: dublin7 on December 30, 2020, 05:25:22 PM
Quote from: grounded on December 30, 2020, 05:12:56 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on December 30, 2020, 03:59:22 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 03:51:03 PM
Unionism cannot be reasoned with.

Anyone who is trying to say they can is utterly deluded and living in some sort of alternate universe.

Die hard republicanism can't be reasoned with either. One of the reasons I can't see a united Ireland is due to to the die hards on both sides who'll refuse to meet in the middle.

So what was the good friday agreement?

When faced with the demographics and abandonment by the British government they will have to compromise.
         In any event it wont be the extremes on either side, it will be the middle ground that will decide.
         Say 15 years from now, Scotland has left the union, applied for and joined the EU snd is doing quite well.
          Not having the same EU funding and wirh the South East England being the cenrte of political and financial power in the uk, NI may become an even bigger economic backwater than it is now. Huge disparities in standard of living between north and south. Even greater emigration of young Unionists to England.
      Is it beyond the realms of imagination that a section of the unionist population may look favourably on a united Ireland?

Paisley, McGuiness, Hume were able to put their differences aside and come together. Even Paisley came around in the end.

Unfortunately we now have Michelle O'Neill and Arlene Foster as the main leaders now and neither inspire confidence. They struggle to agree on anything or make any decisions at the moment let alone a major issue such as a united Ireland

Yep, not charismatic leaders. But thats the thing, they will not be there forever.
       Perhaps we will see the entrance of the bigger parties from the south?
       Surely if they are genuinely interested in a united Ireland and want to persuade unionists they will have to enter politics here. Put their policies to the electorate. Far too easy to shake their heads and say ' we dont want to get involved ' 
       But the truth is the demographics are plain to see. This whole debate will need to be addressed soon. There will be a referendum it might not be for 10 or 15 years but its coming down the line. Far better to be prepared and if it ever was to pass have some sway with almost 40% of a UI electorate.
          Why are they not running candidates?

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2020, 07:11:45 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 07:04:57 PM

Their intellect is better than yours as I've answered this question and you keep saying the same thing...

Tell me how many of the 900,000 unionists would listen to your  rubbish?

None, and that's why people like you will not  be encouraging unionist/loyalists into a UI

Take your head out of a sf arse and think for yourself, the north needs a party that will attract both sides, the farce we've had these past four odd years is pathetic

Ah yes, complete and utter bullshit again.

Not many unionists are interested in listening to any nationalist, they are a section of society fuelled by bigotry.

As usual when the discussion tends to go anywhere with a bit of depth you resort to insults as it's beyond you to debate and susbtantiate their misguided views. You had a number of questions put to you and you failed to answer them.

I'll repeat them again.

What will the DUP do for working class protestants?

Do you think Poots, Sammy Wilson or Gregory Campbell are men of intellect or ability?

The DUP's bigotry is what appeals to working class protestants.

Milltown Row2

I've answered but I'll do it again as you're thick

Sammy Poots and Campbell are smart enough to be voted in comfortably for a long time, so yes clever to work the Protestant voters.

What will the DUP do for working class Protestants, they'll keep SF in check and keep the unionist majority. I've answered this also btw

Your hatred for all things unionist obviously blinds you.

Now please don't ask me again to answer, they would be a 3rd time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2020, 08:05:59 PM
What will the DUP do for working class Protestants, they'll keep SF in check and keep the unionist majority. I've answered this also btw

Sammy et al might engage in public abuse of SF, and this may be popular with the voters. They do nothing to maintain the unionist majority, quite the opposite, as more intelligent moderate people get tired of their antics and drift into Alliance.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

They do nothing at all for working class Protestants. Look at east Belfast and how deprived massive parts of it are. Sure the other year they tried to claim how great it was there because they claimed the titanic museum as a massive source of revenue for east Belfast. Charlatans.

Not being sf seems to be all they need to do. Stir it up come election time.

Angelo

Sammy Poots and Campbell are smart enough to be voted in comfortably for a long time, so yes clever to work the Protestant voters.

That's not an answer.

What will they do for working class protestants?

They will do nothing, working class protestants vote for the DUP on sectarian lines and that is the mentality of unionism and loyalism.

The only think the DUP stand for is naked sectarianism and they are overwhelmingly the biggest party of unionism and this is what you have to deal with.

Unionism simply can not be reasoned with, it's like trying to engage with the KKK.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 30, 2020, 08:13:01 PM
They do nothing at all for working class Protestants. Look at east Belfast and how deprived massive parts of it are. Sure the other year they tried to claim how great it was there because they claimed the titanic museum as a massive source of revenue for east Belfast. Charlatans.

That's not high on their lists, staying in the union is what matters, otherwise they'd vote towards a moderate party...

Places in working class areas are dealing with paramilitary organisations, this stops inward investments, what prospective businesses want pay protection money, what companies wants to build houses that they'll end up paying a percentage to paramilitaries.

This alone is one reason why the likes of the PUP won't get votes as they pander to these gangs

Get rid of the paramilitaries and things will change

michaelg

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2020, 08:23:08 PM

That's not high on their lists, staying in the union is what matters, otherwise they'd vote towards a moderate party...

Places in working class areas are dealing with paramilitary organisations, this stops inward investments, what prospective businesses want pay protection money, what companies wants to build houses that they'll end up paying a percentage to paramilitaries.

This alone is one reason why the likes of the PUP won't get votes as they pander to these gangs

Excellent post.

Angelo

The Alliance are a fringe party though, they will get a small element of middle class liberal voters from suburban areas and that's it.

The problem is unionism is entrenched in sectarianism, it's all they have stood for about 200 years. It's the only thing that exists in their culture - the orange order is the staple of their being, the 12th is the staple of their being. We both know what the orange order and the 12th of July stand for. Some of us know that's why we spent every summer in our childhood in the likes of Carlingford or Bundoran for a week in July.

Angelo

And the DUP don't pander to these gangs?

Dee Stitt?????

You talk some amount of absolute bollocks.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 08:21:57 PM

That's not an answer.

They will do nothing, working class protestants vote for the DUP on sectarian lines and that is the mentality of unionism and loyalism.

The only think the DUP stand for is naked sectarianism and they are overwhelmingly the biggest party of unionism and this is what you have to deal with.

Unionism simply can not be reasoned with, it's like trying to engage with the KKK.

Do nationalists/republicans vote unionist parties? Very strange

Again they vote DUP because they keep out SF from being the biggest party! That's the answer I've now said it three times!

If you think you can continue with your views on unionist and expect anyone to go with you then you are daft

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 08:27:28 PM

And the DUP don't pander to these gangs?

Dee Stitt?????

You talk some amount of absolute bollocks.

SF talked to paramilitaries every flipping day ! Can you tell me the difference?

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2020, 08:28:41 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 30, 2020, 08:21:57 PM

That's not an answer.

Do nationalists/republicans vote unionist parties? Very strange

Again they vote DUP because they keep out SF from being the biggest party! That's the answer I've now said it three times!

If you think you can continue with your views on unionist and expect anyone to go with you then you are daft

Working class protestants vote along sectarian lines for the DUP despite the fact that the DUP will continue to neglect working class protestant communities and actually down of them.

Why do they do that? Bigotry. They will cut their nose off to spite their face and that tells you the mentality of unionism and loyalism. You can say the PUP lack intellect or ability but what intellect of ability do the likes of Poots, Wilson or Campbell offer - they are one trick ponies who give us diatribes of bigotry and sectarianism and nothing else. The PUP at the very least would be representatives of the needs of working class protestant areas but the bigotry of unionism will only vote on bigoted lines.

So how do you engage with that section of people? They will actively vote for a party that will neglect their needs in order to push a sectarian agenda. How do you engage with a community who will cut their nose off to spite their face?

It's a question you continue dodging.