10+ pts
36 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: December 19, 2020, 08:56:37 AM

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on December 20, 2020, 09:04:55 AM
The Impossible Dream

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S6x9unEROZE

Great montage. Forget about the football bit. The aul fella alone in the house and the kid at the window, Jesus I was nearly in tears I tell you. What a b*****d of a time people have had to deal with. Some more so than others.

The irony is that the aul fella is a huge soccer man. Soccer is the first sport in that family!

pbat

Quote from: 6th sam on December 20, 2020, 09:13:42 AM
Quote from: seafoid on December 20, 2020, 07:24:48 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 20, 2020, 07:17:19 AM
Mayo not that awful far away, haven't seen stats but seemed to do better than expected on kickouts. Durcan a huge loss so early on. there's definitely an AI in that Mayo team.

There isn't.  The Dubs can always up.the tempo.
That is how they win. Turn on the afterburners Throw on top notch subs .

https://youtu.be/tzOROYliYVM

Gaelic football is broken.

Intercounty Gaelic football is inequitable , but some great football this year at club and county level. Split season will help level things, getting Dublin out of Croke park is essential. Regulation of sponsorship/spread of monies is essential. But ultimately if our games are going to meet our potential , splitting Dublin is the way to go.

Sponsorship should be into a central kitty controlled by Croke Park and distributed equalling to 34 counties, if Dublin bring 1 million to the table and Leitrim bring 20k, AIG still appear on Dublin shirts.

Angelo

The spin and deflection from the DUPlin fans about the unfair advantages they have is outright embarrassing at this stage.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on December 20, 2020, 09:30:20 AM
The spin and deflection from the DUPlin fans about the unfair advantages they have is outright embarrassing at this stage.

So speaks the king of deflection and spin.

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on December 20, 2020, 09:32:27 AM

Go ask the GAA for more money to ruin the game.

marty34

Quote from: 6th sam on December 20, 2020, 09:26:21 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on December 20, 2020, 09:07:08 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on December 20, 2020, 12:27:37 AM
You'd wouldn't have thought McStay was from Mayo. He was more biased towards Dublin. Looking for the O Connors to be carded, saying Cooper should stay on because he was sent off last year.. Generally foaming over Dublin
They are good but no need for theatrics

That was terrible fawning over 'poor' Johnny Cooper alright.

I didn't/couldn't watch RTE. Sky was brilliant. Grainne mcelwain top notch, Donaghy excellent and always great craic. Mcguinness intense genius. Canavan knowledgeable and engaging ( even threw in a Healy-Rae jibe at Donaghy) . No personal insults, pathetic sound-bites, no contrived humour, no "back in my day"drivel, no disrespect, no partisan pundits/presenters,  graphics much better........if only it was free to view.

Maybe that's why you have to pay for it?

Pay for quality V RTÉ's wooden contrived set up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on December 20, 2020, 09:47:54 AM
You'd wouldn't have thought McStay was from Mayo. He was more biased towards Dublin. Looking for the O Connors to be carded, saying Cooper should stay on because he was sent off last year.. Generally foaming over Dublin

I didn't/couldn't watch RTE. Sky was brilliant. Grainne mcelwain top notch, Donaghy excellent and always great craic. Mcguinness intense genius. Canavan knowledgeable and engaging ( even threw in a Healy-Rae jibe at Donaghy) . No personal insults, pathetic sound-bites, no contrived humour, no "back in my day"drivel, no disrespect, no partisan pundits/presenters,  graphics much better........if only it was free to view.

I watch the match, never watch build up or half time or anything after the game, I think I'm good enough to access how the game went without watching past players talk about it.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on December 20, 2020, 09:34:22 AM

You do more spinning than a washing machine.

As the match was on a Saturday at least the dublin players don't have to worry about taking a day off to celebrate today Angelo. That's a nice perk isn't it

skeog

Mc Stay is a money man who was rejected by Mayo.Talks some s.....

dublin7

Turned on RTE at the start and O'Rourke started off with his usual moaning about Dublin and switched over to sky. Much better as the lads focused only on the game. I don't know the presenter on sky, but she's far better than Joanna Cantwell and Rachel Wyse who used to do it on sky

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on December 20, 2020, 09:59:25 AM
Quote from: Angelo on December 20, 2020, 09:34:22 AM

You do more spinning than a washing machine.

As the match was on a Saturday at least the dublin players don't have to worry about taking a day off to celebrate today Angelo. That's a nice perk isn't it

Just remember that all your success was gained from HQ intervention, disproportionate funding, every big Championship game at your home ground, sponsored cars, corporate aid and token jobs to allow players put their football first.

We both know it.

The DUPlin fans don't want to acknowledge the existence of inequality in the Championship or countenance any change to bring about a level playing field.

marty34

Quote from: dublin7 on December 20, 2020, 10:03:14 AM

Turned on RTE at the start and O'Rourke started off with his usual moaning about Dublin and switched over to sky. Much better as the lads focused only on the game. I don't know the presenter on sky, but she's far better than Joanna Cantwell and Rachel Wyse who used to do it on sky

Is it not Gráinne Mc Elwain from Monaghan?

She's excellent, knowledgable and very down to earth - not trying to be the story, unlike Cantwell.

She has huge experience from the woman's football, on TG4, over the years.

A good Ulster bias on Sky!!

Halfquarter

Quote from: BennyCake on December 19, 2020, 11:40:49 PM
On a different note, when is Ger Canning going to retire?

Christ, he is bloody brutal. I had little knowledge of changes, subs, cards etc in the game because I was only picking up the odd thing from the Irish commentary, because I just can't bloody listen to him! Please please let this be his last year. He feckin' ruins big occasions like this for me.

Canning was absolutely brutal.
Early in the second half when the game was even Steven he comes out with " Dublin are toying with Mayo ".
McStay was just sucking up to his paymasters.

Tubberman

Quote from: ballinaman on December 20, 2020, 09:21:18 AM
Don't think team will be happy with skill execution and decision making coming down the straight. The disparity in quality of depth between teams evident again. Progress made this year , few warriors might not be seen again..christ, they've given some service.

Yep, we got no impact off bench really. they got big performances  from howard and mannion.
D Coens bad efforts just drain any momentum from the team.
Fenton was kept quiet for 3/4 but he stepped up in last quarter too.
We needed big games all round, but it didnt happen for Tommy C, or to a lesser extent, Eoghan Mc. They've learnt a huge amount though and should continue to improve. 
Thought Mullin was outstanding in first half in particular, would be a sickener to lose him if he goes to AFLas is rumoured.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tubberman

Quote from: Halfquarter on December 20, 2020, 10:07:07 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 19, 2020, 11:40:49 PM
On a different note, when is Ger Canning going to retire?

Christ, he is bloody brutal. I had little knowledge of changes, subs, cards etc in the game because I was only picking up the odd thing from the Irish commentary, because I just can't bloody listen to him! Please please let this be his last year. He feckin' ruins big occasions like this for me.

Canning was absolutely brutal.
Early in the second half when the game was even Steven he comes out with " Dublin are toying with Mayo ".
McStay was just sucking up to his paymasters.

Yeah it was like when he decided Dublin were going to win, he switched from commentating on what was actually happening to a rehearsed "dublin are just toying with them" script.
And McStay would want to grow a pair of balls, but it's a bit late in life at this stage. 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."