GAA Players and the Irish League

Started by DownFanatic, May 23, 2007, 01:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Just wondering how many GAA club and county players there are playing in the Irish League. I know Ryan McCluskey plays for Dungannon Swifts. John Convery plays Hurling for Portaferry and soccer for Portadown. Gary Kennedy plays for Cliftonville and Darragh Cross and the Scannell brothers play for Lahm Dearg and Cliftonville..

uselessfootballer

JP Gallagher plays for Sigersons in Strabane and Dungannon Swifts

qub la la la

brian mallon was playing in the irish league but cant remember who for. paul keenan played for glenavon and newry before but since joining armagh panel a couple of years ago he has quit the old association football.

DownFanatic

Mickey Ward who was on the QUB Sigerson Panel plays for Crusaders now I think. I think his club is Beragh in Tyrone.

SlimShady

Shane Devlin (ex Antrim player) spent many a day plying his trade with Magherafelt Sky Blues.

Mark Dougan (Creggan-favs for Antrim SFC) kept goals for FC Antrim.

cavan4ever

tyroneboi

Colm McCullagh played Irish League but has quit to play for Tyrone as far as i know. A previous poster said about Michael Ward from Beragh - he actually plays full time with glentoran. Brenden Devenney played for Portadown last year and for a few clubs in the Eircom League. There has been and is quite a few!

diesel-smuggler

shane mccabe - dungannon swifts and fermanagh
colm mccullagh - newry town and tyrone
mark mcallister - dungannon swifts - armagh minors 2005
paul keenan - glenavon, newry town - armagh
brendan devenney - donegal and portadown
mcgreevy - donegal celtic and antrim
j.p. donnelly - armagh city and armagh
steven mcdonnell - glenavon and armagh
brian mallon - glenavon and armagh
paul forker - dungannon swifts and armagh u21
peter withnell - cliftonville and down
anthony tohill - institute and derry

imtommygunn

Paddy Bradley at a time played for Cliftonville did he not?? He was at least playing for someone and was rumoured to be signing for them.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

diesel-smuggler

who did james mccarten play for?

i remember mulholland playing for portadown and glenavon, yeah paddy bradley did play irish league for cliftonville and dungannon swifts too.

Muzz

Slim is there any word on Mark Dougan getting back into the Antrim panel or has he burnt all bridges there?

oakleafgael

Derry footballers of the recent years include the following

Paddy Bradley- Dungannon
Anthony Tohill - Derry City
Damian McCusker - Ballyclare
Fergal P McCusker - Ballyclare

There are a good few more who play or have played at junior league level as well but who didnt have the time to or couldnt be bothered to play at Irish League standard. The McGurks where all real handy men for the ground football.

laceer

mulligan was linked with the swifts in 04/05

5 Sams

Wee James played for Glenavon and Mulholland played for Cliftonville
The Aristocrat Years