USFC 2020 Semi-Final Armagh v Donegal

Started by Orior, November 03, 2020, 12:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on November 11, 2020, 05:21:50 PM
Who to go for?  there are good people on both sides.

A good experienced man will beat a good man with less experience, Donegal have been round the block.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armamike

Can't see us getting near Donegal to do a Cork number on them.  Just not strong and disciplined enough in the half back and full back lines.  All the signs point to an easy enough win for Donegal.  My only hope is that a few of the promising younger players like the O'Neills  will announce themselves on the bigger stage, but it's a big ask for them to carry us over the line.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Angelo

If Armagh do a job on Murphy and McHugh then they have the firepower to do the job.

But that's a big ask. Who is likely to pick up Murphy? Maybe Forker? Possibly Shields on McHugh?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

lurganblue

Quote from: Angelo on November 12, 2020, 09:29:41 AM
If Armagh do a job on Murphy and McHugh then they have the firepower to do the job.

But that's a big ask. Who is likely to pick up Murphy? Maybe Forker? Possibly Shields on McHugh?

I think Forker will be on McHugh.  Not sure about Murphy

mackers

I'd agree with that. Forker probably our best hope against Murphy.  Murphy likes to drift out the field which will suit Forker perfectly.  Shields is the obvious man for McHugh.  Shields was poor in the final two league games but had a very good game against Derry especially in the second half into the wind.  Donegal don't rely on these two completely though and we don't have many more men to do man marking jobs on Brennan, Gallen, McBrearty to name a few.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

samuel maguire

Some of the talk on here is shambolic  ;D Yes Donegal are a great team. Yes Donegal are a better team than Armagh. But lets take the conditions into it. Heavy pitch, heavy ball, wet day- imo is a leveler. It would take a hell of a performance from armagh but if they can snuff Murphy and Brennan out then i feel they have as good a chance as anyone of winning. Keep it tight and don't concede silly frees and who knows. Armagh certainly have the fire power up front to do damage and score goals. Look at what happened Donegal when tyrone pushed up on them on a wet day. They forced errors and turn overs. A  large percentage of tyrones scores- including the goal, came from Donegal errors. Off the top of my head i can count tyrone scoring 1-5 through pushing up and gettign at Donegal

Taylor

Quote from: samuel maguire on November 12, 2020, 12:03:54 PM
Some of the talk on here is shambolic  ;D Yes Donegal are a great team. Yes Donegal are a better team than Armagh. But lets talk the conditions into it. Heavy pitch, heavy ball, wet day- imo is a leveler. It would talk a hell of a performance from armagh but if they can snuff Murphy and Brennan out then i feel they have as good a chance as anyone of winning. Keep it tight and don't concede silly frees and who knows. Armagh certainly have the fire power up front to do damage and score goals. Look at what happened Donegal when tyrone pushed up on them on a wet day. They forced errors and turn overs. A  large percentage of tyrones scores- including the goal, came from Donegal errors. Off the top of my head i can count tyrone scoring 1-5 through pushing up and gettign at Donegal

All of the elements you have included do not make it a leveller.

Donegal still have superior players so they should still perform at a higher level along with a much better game plan

Its not as if the Donegal players are all small, light dry sod players

Angelo

Quote from: mackers on November 12, 2020, 10:01:21 AM

I'd agree with that. Forker probably our best hope against Murphy.  Murphy likes to drift out the field which will suit Forker perfectly.  Shields is the obvious man for McHugh.  Shields was poor in the final two league games but had a very good game against Derry especially in the second half into the wind.  Donegal don't rely on these two completely though and we don't have many more men to do man marking jobs on Brennan, Gallen, McBrearty to name a few.

They don't rely on them completely but if they dictate the game Armagh have no chance. If Armagh can take them out of the game and their big men excel then they have a decent, there's plenty of firepower in that Armagh side to do it.

Tyrone did a good job the last day on limiting their influence, the probelm for Tyrone was Donnelly was sacrificed to do a job on Murphy and the likes of Peter Harte and Conor McKenna never got into the game either.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Ethan Tremblay

I think the ball going into the forward line will decide the outcome of this match as both forward lines are more than capable of running up big scores, so the game will more than likely be won in midfield and whoever gets on top there. 

Armagh have at least 4 capable midfielders to compete with Donegal, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see Burns, Grimley, O'Neil and Sheridan start. 

As long as the game is not a repeat of 2015, it should have the makings of a good match. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

tbrick18

Armagh18

naka

the orchard have one or two injury concerns so the team named might not start.
they have a punchers chance tomorrow so I wouldn`t write them off.
hopefully defence keeps tight.

maddog

Quote from: naka on November 13, 2020, 10:58:50 AM
the orchard have one or two injury concerns so the team named might not start.
they have a punchers chance tomorrow so I wouldn`t write them off.
hopefully defence keeps tight.

Anyone know how close Donaghy or Murnin are to fitness ?

naka

murnin has been in full training since before the Derry game so is fit.
really not sure on Donaghy simply because i didn`t ask.

samuel maguire

Armagh sweating on a major injury blow for tomorrow. Key player picked up a nasty knock last week in training and it is looking likely he will miss out. Fuckkkkkkk