Leinster Championship 2020

Started by thejuice, November 01, 2020, 09:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 10, 2020, 11:23:34 AM
Quote from: mad tan on November 09, 2020, 08:09:45 PM
Have not been not here for a while. I enjoyed the Longford v Laois game or what I have  seen of it. But how Longford lost I am still trying to work out. I think if Mickey Quinn was there he would have steadied the ship. Twice Longford were in one on one with the keeper and the keeper saved I suppose to have to give him credit. With Cork and Down gone up Division 3 might not be so tough next year.

Ara we all feel the same but dems the breaks! Laois had midfield that won ball (I think Gallagher was carrying an injury) but they way our goalkeeper kicked out the ball didn't help. Quinn of course could have made the difference........

That said, more than one sympathised with Laois coming off the pitch..............how can Laois manage the Blue wave?
Keeping it to single digit points defeat will be an achievement.

But good luck to them.
Doubtful we will keep it to single digits to be honest.

If only Roscommon were in Leinster,they could show us all how to beat the Dubs  ::)

On another note Ross Munnelly back in Croke Park in his 18th year of Championship football. Some going.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thejuice

Kildare (SFC v Meath) -

Mark Donnellan;

Mark Dempsey, Shea Ryan, Darragh Malone;
David Hyland, Con Kavanagh, Kevin Flynn;

Kevin Feely, Aaron Masterson;

Matty Byrne, Ben McCormack, Paddy Brophy;
Daniel Flynn, Darragh Kirwan, Jimmy Hyland.

A lot of the pundits are backing us to win this one but I'm not so sure. It's all well and good piling on the scores against a Wicklow team that had given up but Croke Park and Kildare is going to be a big step up. That said the lads have division 1 experience to draw from and they've fresh memories of beating Kildare last year, but I just hope we don't put all our cards on some of the young new lads to carry the day for us. They're talented for sure but it might not happen for them on the day.

Still with all that being said there's certainly a drive and a hunger back in Meath football and we owe some of that to Andy McEntee.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

No draws.
Who's going to win the penalty shoot?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on November 14, 2020, 12:54:29 PM
No draws.
Who's going to win the penalty shoot?

From a betting perspective there's a draw
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

sid waddell

Kildare have notched 14 scores to Meath's 10 and are behind by four points

Meath have just got the fourth goal

Keystone Cops stuff

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Dinny Breen

Keystone Cops is right, Kildare finding new ways to lose every year.

Goals win games. Embarrassing capitulation.

#newbridgeornowhere

dublin7

That was some 2nd half collapse by Kildare. Cruising at half time 6 up and end up losing by 9. It was like a role reversal of 2000 against Dublin. Meath got 2 quick goals and they never recovered.

thejuice

We scored 5-9 in the 2010 semi final funnily enough. I'll take a win over Dublin with a dodgy goal if history repeats itself.

sid waddell

Dublin not firing on all cylinders so far here, leading 3-2 after 17 minutes

Looked like Laois were denied a legitimate point there a couple of minutes ago, seemed to go in off the post

Hound

Dubs very flat. But Laois not taking their chances. Don't think Bugler's shot would have hit the net if the defender had missed it.

sid waddell

Good finish by Kilkenny

Doubt any of our lads will be capable of anything like that against Wales this evening

Hound

Dubs upped a gear in second half. Or to be fair, from 30 min mark when Kilkenny took charge of the game.