Started by thejuice, November 01, 2020, 09:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on November 07, 2020, 07:48:34 PM
No Leinster games today?

Just a routine Dublin win by 0-22 to 0-11.  Westmeath in fairness to them never dropped the heads and held Dublin goalless.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Watcher

shark

thejuice

Quarter finals

Meath 7-14
Wicklow 0-07

Laois 1-16
Longford 1-14

Dublin 0-22
Westmeath 0-11

Offaly  throw in at 5:30
Kildare

Semis
Meath vs Offaly/Kildare
Dublin vs Laois
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Armagh18

Quote from: thejuice on November 08, 2020, 04:39:53 PM
Quarter finals

Meath 7-14
Wicklow 0-07

Laois 1-16
Longford 1-14

Dublin 0-22
Westmeath 0-11

Kildare

Semis
Meath vs Offaly/Kildare
Dublin vs Laois
Jaysus. Split Meath in two.

thejuice

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 08, 2020, 04:44:28 PM
Quarter finals

Meath 7-14
Wicklow 0-07

Laois 1-16
Longford 1-14

Dublin 0-22
Westmeath 0-11

Kildare

Semis
Meath vs Offaly/Kildare
Dublin vs Laois

Jordan Morris scored 3-04 on his championship debut. Costello also got a goal on his debut.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

twohands!!!

Quote from: thejuice on November 08, 2020, 06:45:27 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 08, 2020, 04:44:28 PM
Quarter finals

Meath 7-14
Wicklow 0-07

Laois 1-16
Longford 1-14

Dublin 0-22
Westmeath 0-11

Kildare

Semis
Meath vs Offaly/Kildare
Dublin vs Laois

Jordan Morris scored 3-04 on his championship debut. Costello also got a goal on his debut.

Both should retire as it's bound to be all downhill from here.  ;)

So much for Fortress Aughrim

thejuice

Meath vs Kildare next week.

I fancy our chances, Wicklow were poor but the new lads are stepping up to it quite quickly and looking comfortable. Tougher test of course but we have a decent cutting edge up front and an improved bench. All that said our shooting for points wasn't the best today.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: thejuice on November 08, 2020, 07:40:42 PM

I fancy our chances, Wicklow were poor but the new lads are stepping up to it quite quickly and looking comfortable. Tougher test of course but we have a decent cutting edge up front and an improved bench. All that said our shooting for points wasn't the best today.

Meath were not good in he first half, gifted a goal and a few points. Wicklow delivered the worst performance of a championship team I have since Kildare capitulated 5 years ago to Kerry. Meath's tackling and work rate was impressive but Wicklow   ::)

Kildare were poor against Offaly but fair play to Neil Flynn, scored three points coming on as a sub. He buried his father yesterday.
#newbridgeornowhere

Blowitupref

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 08, 2020, 09:31:49 PM

Meath were not good in he first half, gifted a goal and a few points. Wicklow delivered the worst performance of a championship team I have since Kildare capitulated 5 years ago to Kerry. Meath's tackling and work rate was impressive but Wicklow   ::)

Kildare were poor against Offaly but fair play to Neil Flynn, scored three points coming on as a sub. He buried his father yesterday.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: shark on November 03, 2020, 10:05:31 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 03, 2020, 07:43:15 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 01, 2020, 04:06:41 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 01, 2020, 03:34:08 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 01, 2020, 11:13:40 AM
Do the runners up in this get a Shield or anything?

They get a round of applause if they keep the losing margin under 20 points. And the media get to say that the gap is closing!  ;D
We'll have to bow to your knowledge, a Mayo man would have more experience of being a runner up than most.

Speaking of bowing, your county board usually bow to letting Dublin having home games in the championship and if ye do play Dublin outside Croker it's in a neutral venue. 

Do you think that the procession in Leinster is now embarrassing?  Do you not think the hopelessness is embarrassing? Do you not think the hammerings are embarrassing?

Embarrassing for who? It a complete mismatch.
It's not embarrassing on an individual level for a county like Laois, Offaly, Westmeath, Longford, etc. If Dublin were not in their province these counties would be energised by having a realistic target of winning a provincial title. Any one of them could put together a 5 year plan to win it. Of course they may still not succeed, but the hope would be there. There is no hope now. I'm from one of those counties. I'm a clubmate of some of those players. A few years ago it was lads chucking in county football at 23 because "what's the point, gonna lose to Dublin anyway". Now it's lads not even going in to the panel at 20, for the same reason.
Westmeath made back to back Leinster finals in 2015 and 2016, for the first time ever. Beat Meath and Kildare in the respective semi finals. Both finals were over by half time. It wasn't embarrassing.

Yes, I remember back to a less embarrassing time when Longford used to turn Dublin over.

It's not Dublin's fault that Meath and Kildare are shite at the same time.

mad tan

Have not been not here for a while. I enjoyed the Longford v Laois game or what I have  seen of it. But how Longford lost I am still trying to work out. I think if Mickey Quinn was there he would have steadied the ship. Twice Longford were in one on one with the keeper and the keeper saved I suppose to have to give him credit. With Cork and Down gone up Division 3 might not be so tough next year.

Armagh18

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 09, 2020, 12:18:40 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 08, 2020, 09:31:49 PM

Fair play I'm sure his dad is smiling down on him. Huge respect for the lad

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: mad tan on November 09, 2020, 08:09:45 PM
Have not been not here for a while. I enjoyed the Longford v Laois game or what I have  seen of it. But how Longford lost I am still trying to work out. I think if Mickey Quinn was there he would have steadied the ship. Twice Longford were in one on one with the keeper and the keeper saved I suppose to have to give him credit. With Cork and Down gone up Division 3 might not be so tough next year.

Ara we all feel the same but dems the breaks! Laois had midfield that won ball (I think Gallagher was carrying an injury) but they way our goalkeeper kicked out the ball didn't help. Quinn of course could have made the difference........

That said, more than one sympathised with Laois coming off the pitch..............how can Laois manage the Blue wave?
Keeping it to single digit points defeat will be an achievement.

But good luck to them.