Author Topic: Munster Football Championship 2020  (Read 5347 times)

Rawhide

• View Profile
Re: Munster Football Championship 2020
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2020, 11:02:32 AM »
I though both black cards were brutal. Kerry played that game for 20 mins with 14 players because of him
cccc is a true supporter lol

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2020, 11:11:20 AM »
O'Beaglaigh had a goal chance in the first 10 mins where he shot instead of squaring it to Brosnan for an easy tap in, could have all been different if he makes a better decision there

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2020, 11:19:10 AM »
I though both black cards were brutal. Kerry played that game for 20 mins with 14 players because of him

The Moran black card was fairly clearcut.

The other one was very soft.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rawhide

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2020, 11:28:14 AM »

I thought Morans was very harsh, not a deliberate trip at all. a deliberate foul, yes, but deliberate trip, no way.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2020, 11:47:39 AM »

I thought Morans was very harsh, not a deliberate trip at all. a deliberate foul, yes, but deliberate trip, no way.

Definite foot trip, not much doubt about it. The Cork midfielder was running past him and he puts the foot out in his path.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2020, 12:34:14 PM »
On your note about footballers in the Kerry team angelo what was as notable for me was that there were footballers on the bench and the manager chose the more defensive minded players instead. The two wing half forwards being a prime example. (As an aside Gooch couldn't even name the two players when he was previewing and had to look at his notes lol).

To me that game yesterday was a serious management failure as much as anything.

The goal chance they had early too which they missed - if that had went in flood gates might have opened. If O'Brien was on it would have been game over.

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2020, 12:42:20 PM »
Are Geaney, ODonoghue injured? Stephen Obrien I presume was too, ore would've started...as his style would've suited yesterdays conditions all day long,running direct and winning frees.. 3 serious fwds on their day who are held and shoulders above 4-5 of Kerry players on show yesterday

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2020, 12:47:05 PM »
I don't know about O'Brien. The Kerry pundits complaining seemed to think he was available but maybe not. Not sure about the other two but Geaney a huge loss and O'Donoghue while not as effective as he used to be is too.

The reckoning also was Spillane was the best in the kerry championship and should have been on from the start.

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2020, 01:04:52 PM »
I don't know about O'Brien. The Kerry pundits complaining seemed to think he was available but maybe not. Not sure about the other two but Geaney a huge loss and O'Donoghue while not as effective as he used to be is too.

The reckoning also was Spillane was the best in the kerry championship and should have been on from the start.

On RT… Radio 1, they made it sound like O'brien wasn't fit although they didn't explicitly say that.

Ball Hopper

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2020, 07:26:48 PM »
First time since 1994 that Kerry will not be among the final eight teams** for the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship.

** Pre-2001 by reaching at least the Munster SFC Final, 2001 onwards by reaching at least the All-Ireland Quarter Finals.

after a quick search i reckon that is the first time since 1957 that Kerry will only have played one game in the Championship .. can anyone confirm?

Your research is fairly weak...1993

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2020, 08:19:05 PM »
That was a horrendous miss by the limerick boy at the end of that match. Wasnít a hard free and would have made it penalties.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2020, 08:56:38 PM »
That was a horrendous miss by the limerick boy at the end of that match. Wasnít a hard free and would have made it penalties.
Think it was actually from a mark. I donít know what he tried to do but he hammered it up into the air as wide as a gate.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2020, 09:59:14 PM »
Yeah it was a mark. Awful miss. As someone said - tipp *might* rattle cork. They do seem to have gone a bit backwards though.

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2020, 01:56:41 PM »
Think it was actually from a mark. I donít know what he tried to do but he hammered it up into the air as wide as a gate.
I'd say the Cork freetaker was glad they didn't have Hawkeye in PUC for his free with the last kick in normal time. Couldn't tell for certain but it was very close to going over the top of the upright

tippabu

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2020, 01:26:15 PM »
Colin O'Riordan cleared to play munster final. Big boost for ourselves