Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

bennydorano

It will be very interesting when Vaccines are rolled out. Furlough schemes will disappear in an instant, doors of Jobs & Benefit Offices will fully open with claimants expected to return to pre covid terms asap, HMRC's softly softly approach will also disappear, numerous other factors will come into play that will force people to return to normal whether they like it or not – it will be up to them to deal with the potential dangers of circulating in normal society - if they ultimately refuse to take a vaccine.

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on November 19, 2020, 02:57:45 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 19, 2020, 02:52:13 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 18, 2020, 01:58:10 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 18, 2020, 01:37:42 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 17, 2020, 02:18:05 PM

Getting a lot right doesn't mean you can't be wrong a lot or a lesser amount either.

There are genuine health concerns for people here and that's why one around 1 in 3 people who voted on this poll have said no.
So you are now speaking for others. So speaking for those others spell out the genuine health concerns?

Maybe rather than trying to dictate to people
Be specific. Who have I dictated to and what I have dictated that they should do?

This is a good start. They can and do get things right. So its its rather stupid to start from the perspective that because they are pharma that they are automatically wrong. You need to point to specifics. Something you are not yet doing.

I haven't said they can't. I have said they can and have got things wrong in the past. And for a vaccine that would has been rushed through in an unprecedented timeline then I'd be extra cautious.

So you are now speaking for others. So speaking for those others spell out the genuine health concerns?

I'm speaking for myself but there is a poll up there that says 30%+ of respondents won't get the vaccine next year if its available. You'd have to ask everyone of them why but I've outlined my reasons which are rational and valid so I don't see the need for you to try and badger me into blindly taking something I believe may well have consequences on my health. You are a very narrowminded person who can't tolerate other people and their viewpoints.

Across a number of threads you have been extremely disingenuous and misleading. You have been caught red handed already making a number of claims that you cannot validate.

All I have done is outline my concerns in this thread, they are valid and they are based on precedent and concerns with the uncertainty of the vaccine. You have merely sought to badger me into voluntarily taking something could actually turn out to be quite harmful. The question you really need to ask is why are you doing this?

But what are your specific concerns?

You keep saying have outlined them and that they are valid but without outlining anything other than the process has been "rushed". This isn't really an issue unless you can point to something that has been left undone in the rush.

My concerns don't have to specific. I've outlined them multiple times for you.

You're asking me prove something that you can't disprove, this highlights the idiocy of your argument. You can get the vaccine if you want. I don't care what you do or don't do but you seem to trying to harangue me into doing something that I have valid concerns over not doing. It's a bizarre stance you are taking on this, are you normally this naive on everything?

All you have to do is type the specifics of your concern. Couldn't be easier

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on November 19, 2020, 02:58:31 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 19, 2020, 02:54:19 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 18, 2020, 05:29:28 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 18, 2020, 04:52:39 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 18, 2020, 01:58:10 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 18, 2020, 01:37:42 PM

Getting a lot right doesn't mean you can't be wrong a lot or a lesser amount either.

There are genuine health concerns for people here and that's why one around 1 in 3 people who voted on this poll have said no.

Maybe rather than trying to dictate to people
Be specific. Who have I dictated to and what I have dictated that they should do?

This is a good start. They can and do get things right. So its its rather stupid to start from the perspective that because they are pharma that they are automatically wrong. You need to point to specifics. Something you are not yet doing.

I haven't said they can't. I have said they can and have got things wrong in the past. And for a vaccine that would has been rushed through in an unprecedented timeline then I'd be extra cautious.

I'm speaking for myself but there is a poll up there that says 30%+ of respondents won't get the vaccine next year if its available. You'd have to ask everyone of them why but I've outlined my reasons which are rational and valid so I don't see the need for you to try and badger me into blindly taking something I believe may well have consequences on my health. You are a very narrowminded person who can't tolerate other people and their viewpoints.

Across a number of threads you have been extremely disingenuous and misleading. You have been caught red handed already making a number of claims that you cannot validate.

All I have done is outline my concerns in this thread, they are valid and they are based on precedent and concerns with the uncertainty of the vaccine. You have merely sought to badger me into voluntarily taking something could actually turn out to be quite harmful. The question you really need to ask is why are you doing this?

Do you intend to never get this vaccination?

If not, how long would you let others get vaccinated for, before you were happy that it would be safe enough for you to get?

When I'm satisfied it is safe and works and the benefits of it outweigh potential consequnces then I would get it. But it will take years to find that out.

I've never got a flu vaccine. The majority of people I know in my demograph with no underlying health conditions don't either that I'm aware of.

What is it that will give you assurance that it is safe? What level of risk are you prepared to take?

Time.

So you will accept clinical trials conducted by "big pharma" and sign off by medical authorities but only after the virus is given a head start?

To ask you favourite question - how many deaths would you think could be tolerated in that approach?

LCohen

Quote from: bennydorano on November 19, 2020, 03:09:40 PM
It will be very interesting when Vaccines are rolled out. Furlough schemes will disappear in an instant, doors of Jobs & Benefit Offices will fully open with claimants expected to return to pre covid terms asap, HMRC's softly softly approach will also disappear, numerous other factors will come into play that will force people to return to normal whether they like it or not – it will be up to them to deal with the potential dangers of circulating in normal society - if they ultimately refuse to take a vaccine.

Would share some of those concerns but vaccine availability is far from the end of this thing. Social distancing and the economic consequences are here for a while yet

Angelo

Quote from: LCohen on November 19, 2020, 03:04:31 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 18, 2020, 07:18:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2020, 06:57:19 PM
Angelo do you think that if you get Covid that you'll be fine?

Don't intend on getting it but my demograph doesn't seem to be impact greatly by it.

And that is how it works.

What about anyone you pass it on to. Should they get a vaccine?

I don't intend on getting Covid.

People should make their own conscionable choice on whether they get the vaccine or not.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on November 19, 2020, 05:00:32 PM

Don't intend on getting it but my demograph doesn't seem to be impact greatly by it.

People should make their own conscionable choice on whether they get the vaccine or not.

No one intends to get get Covid. It's not like anyone who got infected chose to get Covid 19. If only things were that simple

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on November 19, 2020, 05:26:02 PM

No one intends to get get Covid. It's not like anyone who got infected chose to get Covid 19. If only things were that simple

No, but lots of people are behaving recklessly and stupidly, and they will be more likely to get it, and spread it.

dublin7

People are acting carelessly. There is no way the numbers of new cases in the 6 counties in the north should be higher than for the 26 for example, yet they consistently are.

The only way you can really guarantee you are not going to get Covid is if you stay on your own in your own home and never leave the house, ever, until a vaccine comes that you take. There's not many people who can do that. I'm all for the power of positive thinking, but I don't believe the medical experts would recommend that as a full proof way to avoid Covid

LCohen

Just 1 question:
Which schools were responsible for your formal education?

Just answer that one question and I will take it from there

smelmoth

Angelo lives in a wacko jacko bubble

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aavnWd5dh0U

RedHand88

Who the hell does? And yet we have 1000 a day (that we know of) in the North alone.

LCohen

I see Angelo hasn't bothered to answer any questions?

His natural bed fellows appear to be in GOP and Downing Street.

sid waddell

Quote from: LCohen on November 21, 2020, 08:45:52 AM

It was obvious to me 20 years ago that what what lay underneath the rhetoric of the Tories in Britain and the Republicans in the US was nothing more than sheer nihilism - total craziness, total contempt for the lives of ordinary people and the natural world

Time has proven that view to be absolutely correct

In a similar manner, it was obvious to me seven months ago that what lay behind the rhetoric of the self styled "Covid sceptics"  was exactly the same thing

A puritanical form of individualism and total disdain for the idea of any sort of social solidarity - which adopts the fake clothes of concern for others as a shameless, cynical strategy to push that puritanical individualism

So called "Covid scepticism" can't even be remotely honest about what it is because the reality of what it is is far too grotesque

LCohen

Quote from: sid waddell on November 21, 2020, 11:55:01 AM

It was obvious to me 20 years ago that what what lay underneath the rhetoric of the Tories in Britain and the Republicans in the US was nothing more than sheer nihilism - total craziness, total contempt for the lives of ordinary people and the natural world

In a similar manner, it was obvious to me seven months ago that what lay behind the rhetoric of the self styled "Covid sceptics"  was exactly the same thing

A puritanical form of individualism and total disdain for the idea of any sort of social solidarity - which adopts the fake clothes of concern for others as a shameless, cynical strategy to push that puritanical individualism

So called "Covid scepticism" can't even be remotely honest about what it is because the reality of what it is is far too grotesque

I think some of the posters here do not genuinely hold the views they post. They think they are being hilarious. I think they are being reckless

sid waddell

Quote from: LCohen on November 21, 2020, 05:46:41 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 21, 2020, 11:55:01 AM

I think some of the posters here do not genuinely hold the views they post. They think they are being hilarious. I think they are being reckless
I think they do genuinely hold these views because they don't think like a reasonable person, they only think in terms of getting their way

I do think there is a large body of media commentary from the self styled right wing where these commentators cannot possibly believe what they are saying - that's pure cyncism, pure grifting

Although after a while you do begin to wonder whether these commentators have genuinely suckered themselves into believing their own nonsense

But on a forum like this, at a level like this, I think there's much more of an element of genuine brainwashing among people who write such opinions

I'm reminded of what Michael Moore said about Trump being "always lying and always telling the truth" -  telling the truth about what he is

This applies to his supporters and those who have bought into that sort of rabid football supporter ideology

To that I would add "they're always joking and yet always serious"

But none of the jokes are funny, and pretty much none of the opinions can be taken seriously by anybody outside the bubble

Such opinions are exhausting, exasperating, draining - especially to argue against - and they're meant to be

Which is why when you get one or two posters who have such ultra-confident, baseless views, they tend to end up cannibalising threads - they genuinely believe that they are unique in seeing things others cannot see, that everybody else has scales on their eyes

Angelo, Seaney, whitey and Foxcommander are examples of this