Computer trouble - help please

Started by bennydorano, May 23, 2007, 11:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

I'm having a problem with my computer and seeking some/any help or advice! When I try to log in, the computer seems to be in some sort of safe mode, and the wallpaper/background picture appears to resemble a photo negative, with all the icons and font large in size. When the computer starts up, there is a window opens which reads,

'Rftray has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL. Rftray will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer' .

Attempts to restart the computer have no effect. I should add, to further complicate matters, that although the keyboard is working, the mouse is not, which obviously adds to the difficulties.

The computer operating system is windows 2000. The computer itself dates from early 2001, and the spec reflects that. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Gnevin

This seems to be related to some Camera software  see
http://www.auditmypc.com/process/rftray.asp
Try un installing the software and see does that help
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

sureyouwill

Benny at startup hit F8 and try last know good configuration.

Square Ball

if you opposite click at the bottom do you get an option for lock the task bar?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

Sorry to hijack thread but sometimes when I'm typing the cursor just jumps back a couple of lines for no reason and suddenly i have typed sentences on top of others,it can be really annoying
Anyone know what could be wrong?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 14, 2007, 09:33:11 PM
Sorry to hijack thread but sometimes when I'm typing the cursor just jumps back a couple of lines for no reason and suddenly i have typed sentences on top of others,it can be really annoying
When you say you've type the sentence on top do you mean it over writes the text or the letters appear on top of the letter below?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: hardstation on December 14, 2007, 09:09:32 PM
If I right click anywhere, I don't get anything.
The whole desktop has disappeared.
How did you get here , different pc ?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on December 14, 2007, 09:55:06 PM
When you say you've type the sentence on top do you mean it over writes the text or the letters appear on top of the letter below?

no its more like in between the words i've already wrote...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Sandy Hill

I use Microsoft Internet Explorer and I keep getting prompts to download Internet Explorer 7; any reason why I shouldn't?
"Stercus accidit"

Puckoon

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 14, 2007, 09:57:11 PM

If you are on a lap top you can inadvertently hit the mouse pad with the thumb or palm of your hand, and move the cursor back.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on December 14, 2007, 10:39:47 PM

If you are on a lap top you can inadvertently hit the mouse pad with the thumb or palm of your hand, and move the cursor back.

I am on a laptop and thought this was the reason but im now certain its not as i have tested it by keeping my palm away from the mouse pad and it still happens....Also the woman complains about it happening too
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: Sandy Hill on December 14, 2007, 10:36:32 PM
I use Microsoft Internet Explorer and I keep getting prompts to download Internet Explorer 7; any reason why I shouldn't?
Because its shit , DL Firefox instead

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 14, 2007, 10:42:33 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on December 14, 2007, 10:39:47 PM

I am on a laptop and thought this was the reason but im now certain its not as i have tested it by keeping my palm away from the mouse pad and it still happens....Also the woman complains about it happening too
Is their a wireless mouse attached , they have been known to suffer infererane

Puckoon

The bar at the bottom can be removed so that it doesnt show except when you drag the mouse over that (I used this at work so the boss cant see gaaboard on).

Puckoon

Forgive me, I find it rather hilarious. There it was, gone.