Author Topic: GAA Websites in 2020  (Read 359 times)

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
GAA Websites in 2020
« on: September 14, 2020, 08:52:41 PM »
In the days of social media dominance, club units (in particular) don't tend to have websites compared to say a decade ago - or at least in Tyrone they don't, with few now keeping up such a site and even fewer keeping the site up to modern standards to allow easy viewing on mobiles & tablets from what I've been looking at. Overall they seem to be a dying breed.

So any good examples of GAA club websites out there still in existence? Quite a lot seem to be based on the "Club & County" Wordpress template (including the current McNamee Award winner) or the SportLoMo based design that is mainly used by a few counties.
"I can't be arsed any more; too much ignorance, bigotry, dogma, idiocy & retreat from reason"

StephenC

• View Profile
Re: GAA Websites in 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 10:02:03 PM »
Funny, while searching this evening for how clubs are promoting their online lotto, I can across the Shrule Glencorrib GAA website and I was very impressed with it. I'm no expert but it looked professional, had good resources for coaching and was clearly being kept up to date with fixtures and results.