Author Topic: NFL Division 1 - 2020  (Read 89886 times)

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
Re: NFL Division 1 - 2020
« Reply #1290 on: October 19, 2020, 03:02:32 PM »
This is how the table looks with one round remaining:

Team   P   W   D   L   +/-    Pts.
Kerry   6   4   1   1   7   9
Dublin  6   3   2   1   8   8
Galway  6    4    0    2    7    8
Donegal 6    3    1    2    22   7
Tyrone  6    3   0    3    -18    6
Mayo   6    2    1    3    1    5
Monaghan6    2    1    3    -1   5
Meath   6    0    0    6    -26    0

Meath gone despite being competitive in most of their 6 games and one from Mayo/Tyrone/Monaghan to follow them.

A win v Tyrone guarantees Mayo stay up; a loss guarantees we go down; a draw means we need Meath to beat Monaghan.
A draw or a win guarantees Tyrone stay up, even a loss would be enough if Monaghan lose
A draw or win guarantees Monaghan stay up since they have both Mayo & Tyrone in the head to head; a loss is enough if Mayo lose

Odds to be relegated:

Tyrone 8/11
Mayo 13/8
Monaghan 9/2

At the top, Kerry look hot favourites (1/5 with the bookies) playing Donegal who are safe, only have an outside chance of topping the table (need Galway/Dublin to draw) and are facing Tyrone in the championship the following week.

Going on what I watched yesterday I'd say Tyrone will join Meath in division 2 next year.

Not sure how much training and challenge games was played but Mayo are at championship pace already and are very match sharp. Tyrone looked very sluggish in comparison and Donegal waltz in for a number of easy scores that doesn't normally happen against a well drilled and organised Tyrone defence.

StephenC

• View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: October 19, 2020, 06:07:29 PM »
Felt like a challenge game at times yesterday. I thought Tyrone looked disinterested and fully expect a much different level of intensity in a couple of weeks.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: October 19, 2020, 06:10:45 PM »
Felt like a challenge game at times yesterday. I thought Tyrone looked disinterested and fully expect a much different level of intensity in a couple of weeks.

It was definitely lacking in the tension and aggro you usually get with these two teams. There was hardly a shove or push anywhere.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: October 19, 2020, 06:14:28 PM »

Lack of a crowd?

To me it was reminiscent of the Championship meeting last year, Tyrone with a gaping hole in the middle of their defence and getting savaged in the middle of the pitch.

MayoBuck

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 19, 2020, 06:42:54 PM »

It was definitely lacking in the tension and aggro you usually get with these two teams. There was hardly a shove or push anywhere.

I thought the same thing looking at Galway v Mayo. No cynical stuff at all.

StephenC

• View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: Today at 11:32:29 AM »

Lack of a crowd?

To me it was reminiscent of the Championship meeting last year, Tyrone with a gaping hole in the middle of their defence and getting savaged in the middle of the pitch.

I'm sure the lack of a crown made a difference, but I still feel that we'll see a different game when it's knockout.