Northern Ireland The Centenary of OWC

Started by Applesisapples, August 10, 2020, 02:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on August 13, 2020, 05:00:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2020, 04:17:49 PM
It'll be celebrated like the 12th, one side will have the best craic and the others will continue on without lifting an eyebrow...

Aye, but at least we can all go to Bundoran for the statutory day off  ;)

If I can work it, I'll be working it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: gallsman on August 10, 2020, 07:53:40 PM
f**k sake, is this really what it's come to!? "I'm such a big f**king chuckie compared to you because I refuse to say Northern Ireland?" It's the lads who use such shite to judge others that need to have a word with themselves.

How are your mates the Wolfe Tones doing, Balladmaker? I don't remember reading too many stories about all the time they did in the Kesh, but sure they shout "up the Ra" a few times a year so let's give them all a big cheer.

People getting very rattled when pulled up on using the term 'northern ireland'...and saying I use it occasionaily , the odd time or only if I need to etc. etc....like wtf???  You're either pregnant or you're not!

We all know the abuse Seán Cavanagh got when he talked about the same thing a while back but people on here are the exact same.  Then they turn it around and say 'look, he thinks he's more Irish than me etc. etc'.  Pure diversion tactics when faced with reality.  Always wanting to play the man instead of the ball.

As I stated previoulsy, As a nationalist/republican, how the f**k can you use the term 'northern ireland'?

And these are the same people who'll be complaining about the 'celebrations' next year - sneeky regarders if you ask me.

How ironic?

Milltown Row2

Jesus Marty! You're a right wee provo ;D

No doubt pencil moustache middle shade haircut. Blue jeans with black oxfords on! Either denim jacket or the Nike hoody shell top!

Republican news in back pocket and your Irish passport at the ready for when the peelers pull you over!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Evil Genius

Quote from: marty34 on August 13, 2020, 07:05:35 PM
As I stated previoulsy, As a nationalist/republican, how the f**k can you use the term 'northern ireland'?
This fella?

https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john-hume-quotes

Must have been derived from his Planter family roots. The enjoyment of Cricket, too.

How ironic?
See above.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

When browsing one of these threads, it always amuses me to see that contributors pontificating on what Themmuns are up to, invariably seem to get their information by reference to three sources:
1. Jim Allister;
2. Jamie Bwyson;
3. Willie Frazer.

For information, at the 2017 Assembly elections, the TUV managed to achieve a mammoth 2.6% of the vote (down from 3.5%, btw).

When Jamie stood as "Community Partnership" representative in the Bangor West ward in North Down Borough's 2011 council elections, he finished 12th of 13 candidates with 167 votes (wasn't even the CP's highest vote!).

And when Frazer stood in various elections, he invariably got his ass, though not his deposit, handed straight back to him, almost always with less than 2% of the vote. (Oh, and he's dead, by the way).

And those returns are just from Unionists who bother to vote - we may safely assume that that large section of the Unionist community who don't bother with it have no time for cretins like those.

But yeah, "Themmuns is all the same..."  ::)

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

gallsman

f**k sake, is this really what it's come to!? "I'm such a big f**king chuckie compared to you because I refuse to say Northern Ireland?" It's the lads who use such shite to judge others that need to have a word with themselves.

How are your mates the Wolfe Tones doing, Balladmaker? I don't remember reading too many stories about all the time they did in the Kesh, but sure they shout "up the Ra" a few times a year so let's give them all a big cheer.

People getting very rattled when pulled up on using the term 'northern ireland'...and saying I use it occasionaily , the odd time or only if I need to etc. etc....like wtf???  You're either pregnant or you're not!

We all know the abuse Seán Cavanagh got when he talked about the same thing a while back but people on here are the exact same.  Then they turn it around and say 'look, he thinks he's more Irish than me etc. etc'.  Pure diversion tactics when faced with reality.  Always wanting to play the man instead of the ball.

And these are the same people who'll be complaining about the 'celebrations' next year - sneeky regarders if you ask me.

How ironic?

Did anyone ask you? Back to showing off your national Irish identity with your love of a Scottish soccer team.

Rossfan

Will Evil G be celebrating the 101st anniversary of the establishment* of whatever you want to call the place?

* Established in the British Government of Ireland Act 1920.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

I presume the oul pledge of Office that Ministers of the Executive affirm rules out SF and SDLP from Marty's definition if Nationalist/Republican???

https://www.northernireland.gov.uk/topics/your-executive/ministerial-code
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2020, 07:16:23 PM

No doubt pencil moustache middle shade haircut. Blue jeans with black oxfords on! Either denim jacket or the Nike hoody shell top!

Republican news in back pocket and your Irish passport at the ready for when the peelers pull you over!

Lol...as I said, playing the man not the ball.

BennyCake

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 13, 2020, 07:48:23 PM
When browsing one of these threads, it always amuses me to see that contributors pontificating on what Themmuns are up to, invariably seem to get their information by reference to three sources:
1. Jim Allister;
2. Jamie Bwyson;
3. Willie Frazer.

For information, at the 2017 Assembly elections, the TUV managed to achieve a mammoth 2.6% of the vote (down from 3.5%, btw).

When Jamie stood as "Community Partnership" representative in the Bangor West ward in North Down Borough's 2011 council elections, he finished 12th of 13 candidates with 167 votes (wasn't even the CP's highest vote!).

And when Frazer stood in various elections, he invariably got his ass, though not his deposit, handed straight back to him, almost always with less than 2% of the vote. (Oh, and he's dead, by the way).

And those returns are just from Unionists who bother to vote - we may safely assume that that large section of the Unionist community who don't bother with it have no time for cretins like those.

For three candidates that attract so few votes, they speak on numerous media platforms, Nolan's TV and radio shows, Talkback etc. There's a big listenership of those shows, so you'd be forgiven for thinking that those bin lids were the three biggest representatives of PUL voters.

The bile they spew does filter down to the general PUL population, even to those who don't vote for them, particularly around bonfire/marching season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on August 13, 2020, 08:50:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2020, 07:16:23 PM

Lol...as I said, playing the man not the ball.

I'm f**king with you to a point, I grew up with those lads who wanted to be super Irish (like the super prods) and ended up thinking for myself..

Being hard nosed about things will get you nowhere in life, if living here is a strain I'd personally move, we've all had that option. But I live in the North, took the harder option. Calling It N.I is a choice of words, believing in the state and what it stands for is completely different.

Let it ride, you should be more at odds with how the South at the time agreed to have partition.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2020, 08:08:31 PM
Will Evil G be celebrating the 101st anniversary of the establishment* of whatever you want to call the place?

* Established in the British Government of Ireland Act 1920.
Define "celebrating".

If you mean marching somewhere, buying a big f**k-off flag, or dressing up in some sort of fancy costume etc, then no I won't. Just like eg the Jubilee, Twelfth or VE Day etc.

But if you mean taking some quiet satisfaction at being a citizen of a country which is older than the great majority of other countries, then yes, since it is important to me. And who knows, I might even stretch to sharing a bottle of something white, wet and fizzy with my dinner, rather than something white, wet and still, as is my wont.

Now my nation's international football team, that's very different, a cause for celebration or commiseration every single time!

"140 Not Out!"

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: BennyCake on August 13, 2020, 09:15:23 PM
1. Jim Allister;
2. Jamie Bwyson;
3. Willie Frazer.

For three candidates that attract so few votes, they speak on numerous media platforms, Nolan's TV and radio shows, Talkback etc. There's a big listenership of those shows, so you'd be forgiven for thinking that those bin lids were the three biggest representatives of PUL voters.

The bile they spew does filter down to the general PUL population, even to those who don't vote for them, particularly around bonfire/marching season.
So you have a choice.

One may take ones lead/draw ones information from people showing their true priorities in a forum which counts for something (i.e. elections), whether by voting in them or even by declining to do so.

Or one may do so by signing up to the media's need for (literally) unrepresentative, self-promoting gobshites to encourage other random gobshites to listen to their craphead's radio show, or click on their scuzzy website, or buy their lowlife rag etc.

And by your own admission you choose the latter.

There can only be two explanations for this.

The first is a basic lack of intelligence and discernment.

And the other is a compelling need to have your preconceptions and prejudices confirmed.

Whichever it is, I hope you're happy in your little world and the Exam Board was kind to you earlier today.   
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

GiveItToTheShooters

How ironic?
Agreed

BennyCake

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 14, 2020, 01:40:50 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 13, 2020, 09:15:23 PM
1. Jim Allister;
2. Jamie Bwyson;
3. Willie Frazer.

So you have a choice.

One may take ones lead/draw ones information from people showing their true priorities in a forum which counts for something (i.e. elections), whether by voting in them or even by declining to do so.

Or one may do so by signing up to the media's need for (literally) unrepresentative, self-promoting gobshites to encourage other random gobshites to listen to their craphead's radio show, or click on their scuzzy website, or buy their lowlife rag etc.

???And by your own admission you choose the latter.

There can only be two explanations for this.

The first is a basic lack of intelligence and discernment.

And the other is a compelling need to have your preconceptions and prejudices confirmed.

Whichever it is, I hope you're happy in your little world and the Exam Board was kind to you earlier today.   

Don't patronise me.

Firstly, I was merely replying to your post, stating that things that those three say/said have consequences for a lot of everyday people on both sides (whether they watch Nolan, read the Newsletter etc). Those programs stoke the fires of sectarianism, and they filter down to the local news, political debates, papers, etc, and ultimately can decide voting patterns.

I was not implying that they influence my thinking. I know the game they play, and I don't participate in it.

Maybe it says something about you and your "preconceptions and prejudices" that you assumed I form my opinions from what loyalist figures have to say.