Author Topic: Premier League 20/21  (Read 36527 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Premier League 20/21
« Reply #690 on: January 13, 2021, 12:55:43 PM »
The way City are playing no 4/5 is a really decent price....

Once they have played their games in hand, that's them sorted to be in the top 2 with a better goal difference than Utd, they'll pump Brighton tonight at home, they then have another 2 home games v Palace and Villa!

Liverpool will have had a nice rest for the Utd game, and playing at home should see a 2-0 win

I think CIty will win it as well, I was just surprised to see them at such a short price  7 points behind united in 6th (even with 2 games in hand)

They are that short because they have 3 home games against two teams that have come up from the Championship lately, and Palace, who have dipped lately..

The only think that will stop City is a team in the top 5 beating them. I know they were way off the pace last year but they seem lately more organised
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 13, 2021, 02:30:20 PM »
Itís mad that United, who have been so inconsistent performance-wise are top. Sort of sums up this mediocre season. But itís exciting with only s few points separating the top 8 or 9 teams.

Still think Liverpool will win it though. Iím not convinced about City, although theyíll likely finish second. The rest of the teams donít have it in them to win the title.

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 13, 2021, 02:50:35 PM »
Itís mad that United, who have been so inconsistent performance-wise are top. Sort of sums up this mediocre season. But itís exciting with only s few points separating the top 8 or 9 teams.

Still think Liverpool will win it though. Iím not convinced about City, although theyíll likely finish second. The rest of the teams donít have it in them to win the title.

Injuries will catch LFC. No CB will be bought in January and thatís fatal. It wouldnít surprise me if United win it. I have always said they have a solid squad but they have been able to get consistency. They are also getting the run of things. They are getting dubious decisions in their favour moreso than other teams. That may not be the difference but helps. It will be between them and City with lfc 3rd

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 13, 2021, 03:17:05 PM »
City starting to go quietly about there business without Aguero which I think will take them to the top. Im a Utd fan but there inconsistency will prove their downfall. Just hope their positon now can set them with a real good chance of a top 4 place.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 13, 2021, 04:23:03 PM »
Man United currently top is achievement in itself and will likely be a season high looking back in May. Finishing in the top 4 for the 2nd season in a row will be consistency and progress as hasn't been done since Ferguson retired. 3rd is the best place finish I foresee for United and have a big battle on their hands with Spurs, Everton, Leicester etc pushing hard for top 4 spots.

I previously had my doubts on Man City mounting a title challenge but I think they have turned a corner now, they have made themselves more difficult to beat and score against and Ruben Dias has been a huge addition to their defence. They should be top of the table by either the end of this month or early February as on paper they should win their next 6 league games.

Liverpools home form and results against the top 6 remains as good as ever. I expect them to beat City in Anfield in February a result that will push them on to retain the title, the additions of Jota, Thiago will prove to be key signings.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 13, 2021, 04:27:33 PM »
United have been inconsistent performance wise but very consistent result wise over the past year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 13, 2021, 04:42:31 PM »
Man United currently top is achievement in itself and will likely be a season high looking back in May. Finishing in the top 4 for the 2nd season in a row will be consistency and progress as hasn't been done since Ferguson retired. 3rd is the best place finish I foresee for United and have a big battle on their hands with Spurs, Everton, Leicester etc pushing hard for top 4 spots.

I previously had my doubts on Man City mounting a title challenge but I think they have turned a corner now, they have made themselves more difficult to beat and score against and Ruben Dias has been a huge addition to their defence. They should be top of the table by either the end of this month or early February as on paper they should win their next 6 league games.

Liverpools home form and results against the top 6 remains as good as ever. I expect them to beat City in Anfield in February a result that will push them on to retain the title, the additions of Jota, Thiago will prove to be key signings.
Youíre fooling no one. Itís Man Unitedís title to lose now.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 13, 2021, 04:58:35 PM »

Youíre fooling no one. Itís Man Unitedís title to lose now.

I assume you are just playing silly beggars now  ::)

As a City fan I can see why we are odds on - we are coming into form.
Liverpool dont have a deep enough squad and Utd are as liable to lose 5 games in a row than win.

Saw somewhere that Pep said we are doing better because we are running less - didnt bother reading as looked like clickbait

thebigfella

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 13, 2021, 11:15:17 PM »
Has Utd not picked up more points than any other team since Fernandes joined in the league? Stats now start from after BF  ;)

Hardly inconsistent despite a few dodgy performances and key loses.

BenDover

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 14, 2021, 08:08:54 AM »
I'd expect the Thurs-Sunday football to fire a spanner in the works for Utd, unfortunately.

reillycavan

• View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 17, 2021, 04:03:12 PM »
You fear for Utd this evening.  Liverpool coming back into form at right time. How many Utd lads would get into pool team? Martial and Rashford overrated.  Cant rely on Pogba.  Liverpool will win league handy enough anyway.

reillycavan

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 17, 2021, 04:59:23 PM »
Thiago cleaning our Fernando so far.

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 17, 2021, 08:31:51 PM »
Its all set up nicely for leicester or Everton to win it

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 17, 2021, 09:13:55 PM »
Its all set up nicely for leicester or Everton to win it

Great incentive for Everton to knock neighbours Liverpool down to 5th by winning that match in hand.

StPatsAbu

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 17, 2021, 09:27:55 PM »
You fear for Utd this evening. Liverpool coming back into form at right time. How many Utd lads would get into pool team? Martial and Rashford overrated.  Cant rely on Pogba.  Liverpool will win league handy enough anyway.
Strange how Liverpool's keeper kept them in the match, given that you thought United would get tanked?   ::)