An Dún v Muineachán

Started by An Cloch Scoilte, May 22, 2007, 09:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Mon

Quote from: thebandit on June 12, 2007, 10:47:05 AM
Quote from: Mid Mon on June 11, 2007, 12:17:07 PM
QuoteFinlays final point was the widest point I have ever seen,

Until the ball began to curl back in and sail between the posts

I'm very surprised that you were fit to see that!!

I was in a direct line with jap and the goal, she was a beauty

thebandit

I wasn't referring to where you were standing!!

Brick Tamlin

i was also exactly in line with him and the posts as he struck it, couldnt have had a better angle really. It was a fine effort but actually curled in too late as it was already wide before it had a chance to split the posts. Near sure.

lecale3

Copied from Hogan Stand - says it all I think

Down V Monaghan
I would like to echo the comments made by other Monaghan supporters with regard to the sporting nature of the Down support on Sunday. I found you to be both knowlegable and fair in your assesment of the match on Sunday. Having had the (dis)pleasure of watching a number of championship matches with your near neighbours in orange over the last few years, where there have been wins and losses for both sides as well as draws I have to admit the difference between two sets of supporters is remarkable. Despite the result the Down support did not whinge abut the the pitch, Monaghan being from the South so the referee being biased in their favour, Monagahan playing dirty when no one in an orange shirt could possibly foul etc etc etc all of which I have had to listen too for the last few years. Instead, while supporting their team passionatley, the Down support took the result on the chin and shook hands at the end of the day. As they say form is tempoary, class is permanent, so no need to do to much soul searching after Sunday, the red and black will be back in due course, when some of our more noisy neighbours will no doubt be a lot quieter.
North Country Boy , Ireland , 12/06/2007 at 11:49

BallyhaiseMan

The Down Crowd are a different class altogether,
i lost count on how many Down fans came up to shake my hand after the Game in Newry,saying hardluck and wishing us the best in the qualifiers.
You just dont get that from other teams in Ulster.
A Credit to their county.

Mid Mon

Quote from: thebandit on June 12, 2007, 12:35:13 PM
I wasn't referring to where you were standing!!

Didn't think so!

Stranworst

Just gonna pipe in with my thoughts!

The defence obviously isn't up for the job but with Dee Raff, Ambrose and Liam Doyle coming back then maybe they'll act as cover hopefully. What about giving some players on the bench a chance, Dee Cunningham, Owie Henry?

Aidan Carr gets too much stick just because he's the managrs son, he should have changed his name like Ryan Naysmith did in Dream Team when his da was the manager to keep the stick away from him. Seriouly though, he's an excellent free taker and a brilliant distributor of the ball, especially with the foot in days where players either fist it off or just punt it aimlessly. He'll just needa work on his shooting from play which will come with confidence and age, still only 22 like.

The forwards are good, McGovern gets too much stick as well, he works his socks off every game.

Danny Huges was AWOL though in the last game. enny and Paki both worked hard.

Leo

Defence: McCartan & Mc Guigan are loively lads but nowhere near county standard. Rooney did well at helf back in the league so why stick him in a position he cant play. Grant and Clarke have both gone off the boil this last couple oy years. Murtagh is bit loose in ways but makes up for it with overall contribution. Apart from Scullion Rafferty and maybe Doyle we need to fin a coupl of new corner backs with tenacity and speed - URGENT!!
Midfield: Good and getting better,
Forwards: Somebody needs to wise up and stop playing Coulter so close to his own men, Give him the space preferably at half forard to roast his marker(s) - and to work a bit more. Where has Hughes confidence gone - get him shooting. Good to see Walsh looking fit - hope he lasts. Kearney has earned a start. Carr is worth perservering with but not in central role where he doesnt forage for breaking ball - an aspect where we failed badly on Sunday. Packie might be more of a man to come into a game and worth holding on to. Try Mc Govern at full and take Benny out.
But OH OH what a defence!
Fierce tame altogether