Author Topic: Who’s Been Cancelled??  (Read 22340 times)

RedHand88

• View Profile
Re: Who’s Been Cancelled??
« Reply #240 on: October 21, 2020, 11:08:47 PM »
Chris Pratt.

Because he didn't say who he's voting for, so hes automatically a fascist... or something.

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2020, 01:47:20 PM »
Bret Favre and Jack Nicklaus for endorsing DJT

LCohen

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 30, 2020, 01:52:41 PM »
I think we need to agree a definition of cancelled

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2020, 07:16:24 PM »
Roald Dahl. He said things that make it look like he didn't like the jews.

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 09, 2021, 12:19:37 AM »

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 09, 2021, 08:11:05 AM »
Should never have apologised

#jesuisRTE
#jesuistherighttocallgodarapist

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/archbishop-denounces-rt%C3%A9-nye-show-s-satirical-report-accusing-god-of-rape-1.4448391
Why not, Sid?
The sole object of the exercise was to offend te religious beliefs of possibly the majority people on the island. By all accounts, the show had no cultural or artistic merit and causing extreme offence to the general public for no apparent reason isn't. IMO, enough reason to say Mac Grianna's "skit" shouldn't have been banned. He's a lucky hoor he doesn't live in Paris or he might have suffered the same fate as the Charlie Hebdo editor did when he decided t give the two fingers tp fundamentalist Muslims.
Them bastards are mad enough already without any eejit trying to stir them up.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 09, 2021, 09:37:24 AM »

Nicklaus was a w**ker long before he endorsed Trump, that just confirmed it.
As an aside Trump is everything that is wrong with Golf.

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 09, 2021, 10:48:05 AM »

#jesuisRTE

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/archbishop-denounces-rt%C3%A9-nye-show-s-satirical-report-accusing-god-of-rape-1.4448391
Why not, Sid?
The sole object of the exercise was to offend te religious beliefs of possibly the majority people on the island. By all accounts, the show had no cultural or artistic merit and causing extreme offence to the general public for no apparent reason isn't. IMO, enough reason to say Mac Grianna's "skit" shouldn't have been banned. He's a lucky hoor he doesn't live in Paris or he might have suffered the same fate as the Charlie Hebdo editor did when he decided t give the two fingers tp fundamentalist Muslims.
Remember 2015 when David Quinn and the I Own Her Institute were all over #jesuischarlie and "free speech"?

Why not now?

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 09, 2021, 11:00:13 AM »

A few weeks back when Peter Alliss died I was watching his sublime commentary on Tiger Woods' chip in at the 16th at Augusta in 2005

I remembered that contrary to popular legend, that shot did not prove decisive in the tournament and that Woods lost the two shot lead he had after the 16th and was taken to a play off

The play off was against Chris DiMarco - Woods won the play off

DiMarco wasn't heard of much after that and I decided to do a quick Netscape about what he was up to now

I probably shouldn't have gone down that rabbit hole - because after clicking into Chris's Twitter, it quickly became apparent that he has gone down a very, very deep rabbit hole of his own, a far right one, one so far right that if he played the 12th at Augusta now, his tee shot would end up on the 13th fairway

Lar Naparka

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 09, 2021, 11:47:57 AM »

#jesuisRTE

Why not, Sid?
Remember 2015 when David Quinn and the I Own Her Institute were all over #jesuischarlie and "free speech"?

Why not now?

If I were to walk up to the local bully and tell him he's a thundering bollox, the least I could expect is a belt on the nose or a kick up the hole. Telling him it's my right to offend anyone I want to will probably do no good.

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 09, 2021, 12:02:29 PM »

#jesuisRTE

Why not, Sid?

Why not now?

If I were to walk up to the local bully and tell him he's a thundering bollox, the least I could expect is a belt on the nose or a kick up the hole. Telling him it's my right to offend anyone I want to will probably do no good.
Isn't that the same logic that holds "what did Manuela Riedo expect to happen when she walked along that deserted path beside the railway line"?

The George Hook logic

Why were David Quinn and the I Own Her Institute all over #jesuischarlie and "free speech" in 2015?

And why are they the exact opposite now?

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 09, 2021, 02:35:57 PM »

his charities have raised more than $125m and their charity also have children’s hospitals in the US and have provided health care to kids in 120 countries internationally, nothing compared to what your doing do I’m sure .

Lar Naparka

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 09, 2021, 03:16:21 PM »

#jesuisRTE

Why not, Sid?

Why not now?

Isn't that the same logic that holds "what did Manuela Riedo expect to happen when she walked along that deserted path beside the railway line"?

The George Hook logic

Why were David Quinn and the I Own Her Institute all over #jesuischarlie and "free speech" in 2015?

And why are they the exact opposite now?
With due respect, I fail to see any connection, logical or otherwise, between Ms. Riedo setting out to walk home and Fungus Mac Grianna deliberately intending to cause widespread to others. The answer to your question is obvious- she certainly didn't expect the fate that awaited her. Mac Grianna knew full well that he was going to offend others.
Dunno nothing about #jesuischarlie and googling for it didn;t enlighten me very much.
PS I have no problem with  the  skit presenters exercising their right to free speech but, by that logic, I see no reason why those who were offended should not exercise their right to object strongly
 also.
The problem about the exercise of freedom of speech is that in theory it's fine but that isn't always the case in practice.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 03:24:11 PM by Lar Naparka »

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 09, 2021, 03:23:43 PM »

#jesuisRTE

Bollocks. If Trump or anyone in the GOP said this about Islam you'd be all over it like a rash.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 09, 2021, 03:48:15 PM »

#jesuisRTE

Bollocks. If Trump or anyone in the GOP said this about Islam you'd be all over it like a rash.

Horseshit. One is satire, one is flat out hate speech.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"