Safe Return for Gaelic Games

Started by StephenC, June 09, 2020, 09:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenC

Would like to hear what other clubs are doing around this. We had our first meeting on it tonight and have decided to start with the following:

--> We're not going to bring back U12 and lower until after 20th of July. There's only 3 weeks in the difference and we deemed trying to maintain 2m spacing with them to be not worth the effort.
--> We're going to have our Senior team train on Tuesday 30th June as our pilot. We'll see how everything goes that night and then look to bring a couple of more teams back `later that first week.
--> We're not going to offer temperature testing at the grounds. If you haven't taken your temperature and recorded it before coming to training, then you won't be able to train.
--> Coaching numbers is going to be a big challenge (even more so than normal); with 10 players to 1/2 coaches, pus a Covid Supervisor, it's going to be tough.

Anyone else getting started on it?

johnnycool

I don't think we'll bother the Under 12's/P7's down either initially as it'll be like herding geese.

The guidance we got updated there this morning is that due the GDPR issues the GAA are to revisit the form each player has to complete before a training session. We'll see what comes out of that.

WRT the numbers able to train, I think we're allowed to split the pitch into two halves and allow 10 on each half, but separated.

We'll buy IR yolks and check them prior to training.

Need them to wipe down hurls and helmets with disinfectant every session...

I presume full contact is expected by the end of July.

Itchy

What the gaa sent out to clubs last week was the greatest effort in arse covering that I've ever seen and is impossible to implement or police.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Itchy on June 10, 2020, 09:09:33 PM
What the gaa sent out to clubs last week was the greatest effort in arse covering that I've ever seen and is impossible to implement or police.
And the fact that the general public got it before county boards had it out to clubs meant the clubs were on the back foot. Managers straight in with demands before meetings could be arranged.

DuffleKing

Government guidance in the north doesn't require social media to be maintained during coaching - "In all cases, maintain social distancing as far as possible - any contacts are brief"

Square Ball

It really is a massive ask for clubs and will cost a few Bob, but it needs done. Our 4 codes are meeting to gather ideas and report to senior committee, probably exactly the same as 100s of clubs. 20 a pitch, but if a session is  6 to 7 the next one can't start at 7 as the first group must clear and the new group cannot be waiting to get on. Massive ask to get all teams in all codes to train and play.

Will we get league games?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Taylor

It is a massive ask and seems the GAA is just washing their hands of it.

A lot of pressure on individuals within clubs and remember these are all amateurs..........it isnt deemed safe for paid professionals to be working with children.

Regardless, if its safe we need to make it happen for the mental health of many of our players and to get them involved in the social aspect again

johnnycool

Quote from: Square Ball on June 10, 2020, 10:22:31 PM
It really is a massive ask for clubs and will cost a few Bob, but it needs done. Our 4 codes are meeting to gather ideas and report to senior committee, probably exactly the same as 100s of clubs. 20 a pitch, but if a session is  6 to 7 the next one can't start at 7 as the first group must clear and the new group cannot be waiting to get on. Massive ask to get all teams in all codes to train and play.

You're Down Sqaure Ball, aren't you?

Well hurling wise you're clubmate and former contributor on here has informed all Down hurling referees to prepare themselves for the very end of July and they'll be refereeing as many games as possible, so I'm expecting a league of sorts, either one way or partitioned into sub leagues based on regions, but nothing concrete as yet.

Get yer IR thermometers orders in

StephenC

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 10, 2020, 10:00:06 PM

Government guidance in the north doesn't require social media to be maintained during coaching - "In all cases, maintain social distancing as far as possible - any contacts are brief"

Didn't know this. Does the GAA guidance superceed this for gaelic games?

StephenC

Mayo football leagues back on 1st Aug and championship starting the following weekend. Championship finals 19/20th Sep.

QuoteOn Friday evening July 31st our games will return with Round 1 of our Senior Hurling Championship
Our Football Leagues will commence the following day and over the weekend.

Weekend August 8th/9th - Round 1 Senior, Intermediate and Exclusive Junior Championship.
Weekend August 15th /16th - Round 2 Senior, Intermediate and Exclusive Junior Championship.

Weekend 22nd/23rd August- Round 2 of our Leagues along with Round 2 of our Senior Hurling Championship

Weekend of 29th /30th August 29th- Round 3 Senior, Intermediate and Exclusive Junior Championship.

Weekend Sep 5th /6th - Senior, Intermediate and Exclusive Junior Championship Quarter Finals.
Senior, Intermediate and Exclusive Junior Championship relegation Semi Finals.  Round 1 Exclusive Junior B Championshipship

Weekend Sep 12th /13th -Senior, Intermediate and Exclusive Junior Championship Semi Finals
Senior, Intermediate and Exclusive Junior Championship relegation Finals. Round 2 Exclusive Junior B Championshipship

Weekend Sep 19th /20th - Senior, Intermediate and Exclusive Junior Championship Finals.
Senior Hurling Championship Final.  Round 3 Exclusive Junior B Championshipship.

Weekend Sep 26th/27th - League Round 3

The schedule for October and November will be confirmed once the National CCC meets next week. We propose to finish the leagues to a conclusion and to run the New Junior B Championship also during  this time.

The revised league Structures in Division 1 to 5 are based on the team placings in the league as per 2019.
The revised league structure in Division 6 are based on geographical areas to facilitate travel for those teams who will have 2 games on a weekend.

The Championship Draws remain the same as per draw on March 9th

The CCC will be issuing Revised League and Championship Regulations early next week.

Itchy

The GAA document is 15 pages long. It asks for a a Covid admin person for each group - U6, U8, U10 ...Seniors. It wants a log of everyone who attends training showing that they measured their temperature before they arrive at training (no way to check they did this so its just ass covering). It wants the coaches to sterilise all equipment, balls, cones flags etc after every session (does that mean kids cant kick the ball from one to the other?) They want door handles wiped down after every session. They want every parent of a child to go on line and do a course. Thats some of the highlights.

This is the GAA response and its a total deflection onto parents and coaches and away from themselves. No financial help has been offered either. A very poor response, I hope in light of Varadkars announcement last week that it is re considered.

Taylor

Quote from: Itchy on June 11, 2020, 11:25:02 AM
The GAA document is 15 pages long. It asks for a a Covid admin person for each group - U6, U8, U10 ...Seniors. It wants a log of everyone who attends training showing that they measured their temperature before they arrive at training (no way to check they did this so its just ass covering). It wants the coaches to sterilise all equipment, balls, cones flags etc after every session (does that mean kids cant kick the ball from one to the other?) They want door handles wiped down after every session. They want every parent of a child to go on line and do a course. Thats some of the highlights.

This is the GAA response and its a total deflection onto parents and coaches and away from themselves. No financial help has been offered either. A very poor response, I hope in light of Varadkars announcement last week that it is re considered.

Correct Itchy - the GAA is just washing their hands of it.

This is showing how well the GAA are handling things - 'it wasnt us - some of the volunteers in the club didnt follow the process'

Square Ball

Quote from: johnnycool on June 11, 2020, 09:32:15 AM

Well hurling wise you're clubmate and former contributor on here has informed all Down hurling referees to prepare themselves for the very end of July and they'll be refereeing as many games as possible, so I'm expecting a league of sorts, either one way or partitioned into sub leagues based on regions, but nothing concrete as yet.

I am indeed Down. Lol, I wonder who you mean🤔😄. I believe we have our IR yokes ordered, gonna need gallons and gallons of disinfectant and hand sanitizer as well.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

johnnycool

Quote from: Square Ball on June 11, 2020, 11:40:40 AM

I am indeed Down. Lol, I wonder who you mean🤔😄. I believe we have our IR yokes ordered, gonna need gallons and gallons of disinfectant and hand sanitizer as well.

I'll get you a good deal from Echlinville distillery, owned by a Ballygalget man...

So good you can drink it.

Someone mentioned door handles, changing rooms, toilets etc etc are still out of bounds AFAIK so you arrive kitted up and you go home to shower and the likes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on June 11, 2020, 05:31:15 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on June 11, 2020, 11:40:40 AM

I'll get you a good deal from Echlinville distillery, owned by a Ballygalget man...

So good you can drink it.

Someone mentioned door handles, changing rooms, toilets etc etc are still out of bounds AFAIK so you arrive kitted up and you go home to shower and the likes.

That be normal for you cultchies
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea