Author Topic: East Belfast GAA  (Read 12578 times)

Snapchap

• View Profile
Re: East Belfast GAA
« Reply #285 on: June 23, 2020, 12:03:49 PM »
Haranguing someone who has a different opinion isnt "adult debate".
Haranguing you? Ok let's not be dramatic there Joan Burton.

My last few engagements with you have exclusively been responses to you making childish jibes about me to other posters. You have persistently failed to engage in the topic of debate with me. Fair enough. That's your choice. Just give the obsessive whining about me to others a rest. It's makes your, "haranguing" complaint seem a bit ironic.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #286 on: June 23, 2020, 12:51:02 PM »
As I've said here before all Sports bodies in the North should have a protocol of no National Flags or Anthems .

So you expect the GAA to have separate rules for either side of the border? You expect that an organisation which, according to it's rulebook "has as its basic aim the strengthening of the National Identity in a 32 County Ireland", should ban the Irish national flag and anthem from it's activities in the six counties?

Partitionism is alive and well in Roscommon, I doubt. ::)
An adult debater would have said
" I don't agree. I don't believe the GAA which has a basic aim of....
should have a separate rule for the 6 Cos."
Anyway hope the 6 Cos Executive let sports activities catch up with those of  the 26 fairly soon.
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 23, 2020, 03:49:13 PM »
As I've said here before all Sports bodies in the North should have a protocol of no National Flags or Anthems .

So you expect the GAA to have separate rules for either side of the border? You expect that an organisation which, according to it's rulebook "has as its basic aim the strengthening of the National Identity in a 32 County Ireland", should ban the Irish national flag and anthem from it's activities in the six counties?

Anyway hope the 6 Cos Executive let sports activities catch up with those of  the 26 fairly soon.

An adult debater would have copped on to the fact that I haven't expressed one single opinion on the issue of flags and anthems beyond arguing that there should not be one rule for the north and another for the south within the GAA on the topic. That has been my sole argument, and for holding that position you have described me as a "narrow minded extremist" with a "no surrender, not an inch" mentality. Is that a mature reaction to someone merely advocating the GAA maintaining it's 32 county organisational structure? Or is it arrogant, condescending, judgemental horses**t?

clonadmad

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 23, 2020, 03:56:19 PM »

An adult debater would have copped on to the fact that I haven't expressed one single opinion on the issue of flags and anthems beyond arguing that there should not be one rule for the north and another for the south within the GAA on the topic. That has been my sole argument, and for holding that position you have described me as a "narrow minded extremist" with a "no surrender, not an inch" mentality. Is that a mature reaction to someone merely advocating the GAA maintaining it's 32 county organisational structure? Or is it arrogant, condescending, judgemental horses**t?

An adult debater wouldn’t constantly refer to people from the 26 counties as “freestaters” either unless it’s designed deliberately to insult and provoke.

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 23, 2020, 04:48:21 PM »

An adult debater wouldn’t constantly refer to people from the 26 counties as “freestaters” either unless it’s designed deliberately to insult and provoke.

I personally don't refer to all those from the south as "Free Staters". It's a term I reserve only for those who are clearly dyed in the wool partitionists.

nearlymad

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 23, 2020, 04:55:54 PM »
  More tripe not related to the Topic this was originally started for. >:( >:(
Down Championship are on this evening.

general_lee

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 23, 2020, 05:23:29 PM »
Has (or will) a new name been decided on?

Mourne Red

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 23, 2020, 07:46:23 PM »

Oráiste O’Lodge

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 23, 2020, 08:34:50 PM »

Oráiste O’Lodge

I’m sure Oráiste will form part of their jersey.

nearlymad

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 23, 2020, 09:51:57 PM »
East Belfast v Castlewellan in the 1st Rc of the JHC
East Belfast v.Dundrum in the 1st Rd of the JFC

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 25, 2020, 02:20:20 PM »
some strange Tweets about Ulster Scotch now as well lol

Godsown

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 25, 2020, 05:13:26 PM »
Scotch is a whiskey . Ulster Scots is a dialect of English language normally associated with North Down and parts of Antrim
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 01:24:26 PM by Godsown »

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 25, 2020, 10:18:08 PM »

Funding

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 26, 2020, 11:26:58 AM »

Funding

However, they should do some sort of Shinty compromise game against a Presbyterian team as well, just to get broaden the agenda.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

nearlymad

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 01, 2020, 11:05:46 PM »
East Belfast’s first fixture:
Div 4 Round 1 Friday 17th July at 7.30pm
St Michael's v East Belfast