Author Topic: The most bonkers moments in GAA  (Read 9968 times)

caprea

• View Profile
Re: The most bonkers moments in GAA
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2020, 10:42:04 PM »
Any time a game goes to extra time with players sent off in normal time but teams are allowed to restore themselves to the 15 in extra time because itís a ďnew gameĒ. Iíd love to have been in the room when the rules makers thought that was a good idea.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2020, 10:54:22 PM »
Any time a game goes to extra time with players sent off in normal time but teams are allowed to restore themselves to the 15 in extra time because itís a ďnew gameĒ. Iíd love to have been in the room when the rules makers thought that was a good idea.

Didnít Liam Hayes come back on for Meath in ET after being sent off in normal time? Or did I dream that?

caprea

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2020, 10:56:28 PM »

Didnít Liam Hayes come back on for Meath in ET after being sent off in normal time? Or did I dream that?

I donít know to be honest but I didnít think that was legal but maybe the rule was tweaked. Thatís truly hilarious if it did happen.

Like on the other side if itís truly a new game then players should be allowed to re enter the game if they were sent off for two yellows. The fact that they arenít means the law is an ass.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:58:22 PM by caprea »

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2020, 11:12:50 PM »

I donít know to be honest but I didnít think that was legal but maybe the rule was tweaked. Thatís truly hilarious if it did happen.

Like on the other side if itís truly a new game then players should be allowed to re enter the game if they were sent off for two yellows. The fact that they arenít means the law is an ass.

Maybe it was tweaked. Nearly sure it was late 80ís or early 90ís. Might have been Gerry McEntee, but it was definitely a Meath game in the championship