Ryanair

Started by extra time, April 08, 2020, 09:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

A friend of mine has been due to fly out with Aer Lingus to Portugal tomorrow, he said the flights are still going ahead? Now he's not going and the accommodation has given him his money back.

I didn't realise these flights would still be going on and countries would be allowing no essential visitors
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2020, 01:33:22 PM
A friend of mine has been due to fly out with Aer Lingus to Portugal tomorrow, he said the flights are still going ahead? Now he's not going and the accommodation has given him his money back.

I didn't realise these flights would still be going on and countries would be allowing no essential visitors

Is  the flight going ahead? There is no departure to Portugal on the Dublin airport website.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on April 09, 2020, 02:23:42 PM

Is  the flight going ahead? There is no departure to Portugal on the Dublin airport website.

He said up till the other night Aer lingus was still going ahead (when he put in his booking number and name), surely they would have paid out of given him info as such?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2020, 02:48:08 PM

He said up till the other night Aer lingus was still going ahead (when he put in his booking number and name), surely they would have paid out of given him info as such?

There's a travel advisory that there should be no international travel. There should be no commercial flights at the minute and if there are you are entitled to a refund if you don't want to travel as far as I'm aware!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on April 09, 2020, 04:31:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2020, 02:48:08 PM

There's a travel advisory that there should be no international travel. There should be no commercial flights at the minute and if there are you are entitled to a refund if you don't want to travel as far as I'm aware!

He's going to check again tonight

Cunny Funt

Flight I had booked for next month is now cancelled. Got an email from Ryanair tonight saying I can apply for a full refund.

Rossfan

Same here....obviously we were both on the same mission ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 14, 2020, 11:51:50 PM
Flight I had booked for next month is now cancelled. Got an email from Ryanair tonight saying I can apply for a full refund.

why do they not just give you a full refund without you applying >:(

Rossfan

Bacause its Ryanair ;).
There's a choice of refund or rebooking.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublin7

I was on to them myself this morning for flights in mid May. They are sending out refund e-mails on a weekly basis. Anyone flying in the 1st week of May got an e-mail this week. They will be sending out another batch of refund e-mails next week.

Milltown Row2

So who is flying? If you look up you'll see the odd streak from a plane going by

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2020, 08:49:49 AM
So who is flying? If you look up you'll see the odd streak from a plane going by

Nerd alert. Download Plane finder app . Shows all live flightsallover the world. Tap on the 'yellow plane' icon and it will tell you live flight data. You'll be amazed at the flights taking place during a global pandemic.

Taylor

The UK has 15,000 people arriving each day into their airports so plenty still getting about for some reason

Pub Bore

Just received the email saying they're not offering a refund and are offering vouchers that can be used against Ryanair flights (valid for 12 months). Complete feckin' gangsters!  Also contains this:

If you do not wish to accept this voucher option and wish to move your flight or request a refund, please click here to contact us. Please note that as our customer care agents are required to work from home to limit the spread of COVID-19 virus, payment security restrictions prevent us from processing refunds as quickly as we would like to.

So I clicked on the link scrolled to the bottom of the page to find this:

Can I receive a cash refund instead of voucher?
You can request a cash refund however bear in mind we will place your request in the cash refund queue until the COVID-19 emergency has passed.
We highly recommend using the refund voucher as these are readily available and you can book flights on all Ryanair Group airlines in over 200 destinations in Europe and the Middle East.

Who's the bigger cnut...O'Leary or Branson??