Author Topic: Official Laois County Board Website  (Read 3694 times)

Batman!!!

• View Profile
Re: Official Laois County Board Website
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2020, 08:56:58 AM »
Makes a change from Stradbally & Annanough Today

blueandwhite1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 12:12:25 PM »
Tough crowd to please.

Not too long ago all we had was the Leinster express and the Nationalist, both of which are a far cry behind LaoisToday in terms of local news and especially GAA. They also have a 21st century online presence. I think they are doing a fine job and I don't really see that there is that much bias in terms of one part of the county over the other. They are a young small team and provide plenty of entertainment and enthusiasm.

clonadmad

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 12:45:10 PM »
Tough crowd to please.

Not too long ago all we had was the Leinster express and the Nationalist, both of which are a far cry behind LaoisToday in terms of local news and especially GAA. They also have a 21st century online presence. I think they are doing a fine job and I don't really see that there is that much bias in terms of one part of the county over the other. They are a young small team and provide plenty of entertainment and enthusiasm.

Aye

Football Today

Even when it’s a hurling story they find a way to shoehorn a mention of football into it

Editors Bias and all that

Keyser Söze

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 08:12:20 AM »
On one hand fair play to them. Certainly filling a gap and providing accessible content.

On the other I’d have to agree the two way fawning over anyone who engages with them is childlike.
Reply to a few tweets, mention them in a few of your own, and suddenly you are a celebrity and will be mentioned non stop. One particular club on the Offaly border gets a lot more coverage than their status and grade would suggest they should- going as far as giving updates on stag parties.
It’s a little bit sad from all involved, but an example of “playing the game” for your little bit of fame.

I’d also have to agree with Clonadmad- some of the errors/omissions on their Reeling in the Years podcasts in relaying to hurling were criminal.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

SCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2020, 12:29:05 PM »
the two way fawning over anyone who engages with them is childlike.
Reply to a few tweets, mention them in a few of your own, and suddenly you are a celebrity and will be mentioned non stop.
Nail on the head.
Look, it's a good service. The matchday blogs are excellent. But some of the other stuff is a bit cringey. And it might be just me but (if you're reading this lads!) you really overuse the word "serious"!
Serious style. Serious craic. Serious excitement.  ;)