GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

I had read on Twitter that Geezer/Armagh county board had said county players could only play the first 3 games with their club and then were going back to county.

Assuming league games start at some stage in July it will be interesting to see if this is implemented given I guess they will have 3 games completed long before Sep 14th

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Taylor on July 03, 2020, 04:55:14 PM
I had read on Twitter that Geezer/Armagh county board had said county players could only play the first 3 games with their club and then were going back to county.

Assuming league games start at some stage in July it will be interesting to see if this is implemented given I guess they will have 3 games completed long before Sep 14th

This was based on the original fixtures which were released by ACB about 3 weeks ago.  And it was stated that the clubs would have the county players for the first 3 games and the Championship which was taking us up to the middle of September, which dovetailed with the date that the GAA said counties could get access to their players.  So there was no "Geezer skullduggery" there, it all aligned.

However, this week the ACB revised the league fixtures so that we are starting in two weeks time (instead of at the end of July as originally planned).  I assume this will allow the clubs to have the players for an extra league game.

Farrandeelin

Any other county not having their normal leagues this year or is it only Mayo?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

No talk of Leagues in Ros.
9 Rounds so I think we can take it as a no.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gael85

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 03, 2020, 07:07:50 PM

No league games in Dublin which is 15 games. Teams will get at least 3 championship games. Could be a cup competition would will probably be another 3 games.

screenexile

Quote from: Gael85 on July 03, 2020, 09:56:35 PM

No league games in Dublin which is 15 games. Teams will get at least 3 championship games. Could be a cup competition would will probably be another 3 games.

No leagues in Derry a 4 team round robin then seeded for straight knockout in the Championship each team guaranteed 4 games.

Our grading system doesn't really depend on the league though like it does in some other Counties you can choose what grade you want to play at in Derry.

Owenmoresider

No league here either.

Blowitupref

Mayo, Tyrone, Dublin, Kerry, Armagh the only counties not giving a straight answer. https://www.otbsports.com/football/gaa-inter-county-1039812
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

marty34

When club matches start again, both underage and senior, will people be allowed to watch them or will there be a limit etc. or no spectators at all?

Rossfan

I'm told up to 500 including players management and officials will be allowed in Ros in accordance with Government guidelines.
So around 400 spectators.

the goal was on

Stories going around Tyrone were training this morning! Monaghan/Down had been training yet county board said they haven't. Until you see actual evidence though its all speculation.

Itchy

The cowards in gpa and croke Park of course will do or say nothing.

Rossfan

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2020, 06:03:52 PM
GPA aren't a ruling body.

Whats that got to do with anything? Should they not come out and say their players are bring asked to break rules by co boards and are gaining unfair advantage against players in other counties.