Author Topic: U20 All Ireland football championship 2020  (Read 13319 times)

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
Re: U20 All Ireland football championship 2020
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2020, 03:35:49 PM »
I'd say the CCCC are meeting this very minute to accede to Angelo's wishes.
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2020, 04:07:39 PM »
I don't like having the semis and final at Croke Park personally.

There's been some cracking games at u20 and u21 level in recent years and the atmosphere will be totally lost in it at Croke Park not to mention the home advantage for the Dubs.

Semi finals are only in Croke Park to fill the void left with the club finals. The final will likely be played along side the NFL finals in Croke Park.

I think it would be better to play those games in smaller grounds.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2020, 04:21:14 PM »
I doubt the GAA are that hard up for a few euro that they need the double header in Croke Park

Kerry are hardly going to bring a huge following

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2020, 07:00:49 PM »
Neither will Dublin or Galway. Those 2 plus Kerry will hardly bring 5k between them.
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2020, 07:09:53 PM »
I don't like having the semis and final at Croke Park personally.

There's been some cracking games at u20 and u21 level in recent years and the atmosphere will be totally lost in it at Croke Park not to mention the home advantage for the Dubs.

Semi finals are only in Croke Park to fill the void left with the club finals. The final will likely be played along side the NFL finals in Croke Park.

I think it would be better to play those games in smaller grounds.

I'd agree, I think Croke Park should only be for semi finals and finals in the AI series, you're generally not going to draw a crowd of 30/40k plus outside of those games.

I think the team who tops the league should get home advantage for the final.

There's nothing worse than watching a game in a quarter empty Croke Park. I know there's this thing about giving the players the chance to play at Croke Park but I don't know if that's really an appeal. If I was a player playing in something that will probably be the highlight of a lot of these guys playing careers, I think I'd rather play in a full stadium in some place in Mullingar or Longford than an empty Croke Park that quarter the lower tier of one stand occupied.

I think when you see these games played in Croke Park with nobody there, it devalues them.

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2020, 03:27:34 PM »
I think from that Galway team that started only Tierney, Fitzgerald, Glynn & Greene are overage next year so can't see too many making the senior panel inside the next 18 months. I think Tierney will be straight in after he's finished with the 20's, I watched the full Kerry game recently and he did better than I first thought.

It will be interesting to see how they do against Kerry, Galway were missing Tierney and the two Monaghans in the 2 previous games this year. I think Galway will get a lot more out of this team then last years going forward.

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2020, 04:25:41 PM »
St Patrick's Day Parade in Dublin cancelled GAA still going ahead with that double header in Croke Park?

GaillimhIarthair

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2020, 05:25:56 PM »
It would be more surprising if they went ahead in CP at this stage.

Alternative venues could be either the Gaelic Grounds or Ennis for Galway / Kerry & possibly Breffni or Mullingar for the Dubs & Tyrone?