Author Topic: David Clifford protection  (Read 15898 times)

tonto1888

• View Profile
Re: David Clifford protection
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2020, 06:02:47 PM »
I seen plenty of it.
I have sympathy for Tyrone at the moment in regards to this. But when people like you go on and on about it it makes it hard to have a lot of sympathy

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2020, 06:29:24 PM »
Will Clifford get extra ban for threatening umpires? Probably lack of experience but will learn from this - dont get involved!

He should have grabbed the we black book of him and hit him up the kisser with it...Clown. It was disgraceful but you know what majority of those Umpires come with the Ref to the games and haven't a clue if the O'Neills ball was blew up or stuffed, majority of them never played the game and wouldn't know why the lad was being targeted in the first place.
They get their few minutes of fame and that'll do them rightly
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Throw ball

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2020, 06:40:03 PM »
Do you think the umpire might have got his little book out to ask Clifford for an autograph and then thought better of it. :)

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2020, 07:16:56 PM »
Tyrone wans out in force today. Delusional

😂 Muppets like you make me laugh. What is delusional
Do I aye? You're the muppet here if you think Clifford deserved the red. Only reason why Tyrone won the game.

That made me laugh. You seem to be forgetting again that Peter harte was sent off as well but no one seems to mention that. If you think Clifford was the only reason you lost then you definitely are delusional
Did it aye?
I'm not from Kerry so I didn't lose anything. Peter Harte ahaha your whataboutery knows no bounds.

You may as well be from Kerry when you speak with that level of bias.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Kingdom37

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2020, 07:34:21 PM »

Do I aye? You're the muppet here if you think Clifford deserved the red. Only reason why Tyrone won the game.

That made me laugh. You seem to be forgetting again that Peter harte was sent off as well but no one seems to mention that. If you think Clifford was the only reason you lost then you definitely are delusional

Peter harte was put off for diving.

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2020, 07:44:56 PM »

So did both players dive then and Hartes was his second yellow?

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2020, 07:48:47 PM »
Do you think the umpire might have got his little book out to ask Clifford for an autograph and then thought better of it. :)

I wouldn't doubt it...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Kingdom37

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2020, 07:51:09 PM »

Murphy was standing his ground

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2020, 08:08:54 PM »
I donít get the ďkey player isnít going to be the instigatorĒ weíre hearing from Whelan. Yeah, somebody might be getting at him but that doesnít give him licence to step outside the rules of the game. Also, if a ref sees two players wrestling, it would not be right for him to decide who probably started it.

We havenít yet seen how that particular incident started btw.

I agree, the ref went with his umpires though, forwards can be cute hoors also, conning a ref is standard. From the footage Iíd have black carded the Tyrone lad. I donít do the two yellows card thing, unless itís actually two yellows!

Youíve instigators and retaliatory fouls which will result in yellows or worse. But Iíll generally dismiss second yellows or hop balls even.

Is there other footage going around? On the footage I've seen none of it showed who started it. They both stumble into screen with fists full of each others shirts.  So if you, as a ref turned around and saw the two guys wrestling you'd just book one? ref can only act on what he saw or the Umpires tell him.

I can only call what I see, if the umpires see something different then you consult them, again you don't have to go with their call and they can't tell you its a yellow card offence, they can only tell you what happened, but as I said on the footage that we all seen, the Tyrone lad looked like he wrestled him to the ground, black card offence. grabbing shirts is not an offence, whoever pulled who to the ground takes the card
If that's the correct interpretation of the rules then I don't know what to say. They were both wrestling, but because Clifford hit the ground it's a black card? Maybe I've been away from playing the game too long but that seems nonsense to me.

The correct interpretation of the rules are what Iíve already said, consult your umpires if they have called you in for an off the ball incident. Itís very simple, even if youíve not played for a while that was always the case. I stated you can only go with what you saw, and from the footage I seen (granted itís didnít show the start) but if I see a player drag a player down and if heís on top logic would tell you the defender dragged him down.

Iíd like to see the footage again, Iím sure someone has it on a phone. Dragging someone down off the ball should be a black card, so giving the yellow was the wrong call in my book
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2020, 08:21:18 PM »

Maybe Clifford should have tried doing the same.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2020, 08:23:16 PM »

You have no idea why he got the second yellow

Kingdom37

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2020, 08:28:21 PM »

Maybe Clifford should have tried doing the same.

When someone grabs you by neck are you expected to stand there

GiveItToTheShooters

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2020, 09:28:06 PM »

Did it aye?
I'm not from Kerry so I didn't lose anything. Peter Harte ahaha your whataboutery knows no bounds.

You may as well be from Kerry when you speak with that level of bias.
No bias at all. Peter harte's red is a separate and irrelevant situation to Clifford's.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2020, 10:29:56 PM »
I donít get the ďkey player isnít going to be the instigatorĒ weíre hearing from Whelan. Yeah, somebody might be getting at him but that doesnít give him licence to step outside the rules of the game. Also, if a ref sees two players wrestling, it would not be right for him to decide who probably started it.

I agree, the ref went with his umpires though, forwards can be cute hoors also, conning a ref is standard. From the footage Iíd have black carded the Tyrone lad. I donít do the two yellows card thing, unless itís actually two yellows!

Youíve instigators and retaliatory fouls which will result in yellows or worse. But Iíll generally dismiss second yellows or hop balls even.

Is there other footage going around? On the footage I've seen none of it showed who started it. They both stumble into screen with fists full of each others shirts.  So if you, as a ref turned around and saw the two guys wrestling you'd just book one? ref can only act on what he saw or the Umpires tell him.

I can only call what I see, if the umpires see something different then you consult them, again you don't have to go with their call and they can't tell you its a yellow card offence, they can only tell you what happened, but as I said on the footage that we all seen, the Tyrone lad looked like he wrestled him to the ground, black card offence. grabbing shirts is not an offence, whoever pulled who to the ground takes the card
If that's the correct interpretation of the rules then I don't know what to say. They were both wrestling, but because Clifford hit the ground it's a black card? Maybe I've been away from playing the game too long but that seems nonsense to me.

The correct interpretation of the rules are what Iíve already said, consult your umpires if they have called you in for an off the ball incident. Itís very simple, even if youíve not played for a while that was always the case. I stated you can only go with what you saw, and from the footage I seen (granted itís didnít show the start) but if I see a player drag a player down and if heís on top logic would tell you the defender dragged him down.

Iíd like to see the footage again, Iím sure someone has it on a phone. Dragging someone down off the ball should be a black card, so giving the yellow was the wrong call in my book
No I get it about the umpires. Thing is we donít know what the umpires saw as the clip didnít show the start of it. People are just assuming Clifford wasnít the instigator. Maybe they saw something we didnít.
But forgetting about them, because as I said we donít know what they saw before the two stumbled into the screen. If two lads are wrestling and oneís stronger theyíre going to get the blame?  Or if one loses his footing and goes down youíd blame the other. Just doesnít seem right to me.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2020, 10:35:54 PM »

No I get it about the umpires. Thing is we donít know what the umpires saw as the clip didnít show the start of it. People are just assuming Clifford wasnít the instigator. Maybe they saw something we didnít.
But forgetting about them, because as I said we donít know what they saw before the two stumbled into the screen. If two lads are wrestling and oneís stronger theyíre going to get the blame?  Or if one loses his footing and goes down youíd blame the other. Just doesnít seem right to me.

But itís clear if two people are grabbing shirts and the other one throws him to the ground because heís stronger then heís the one to go unfortunately. Personally if it was a straight joint affair Iíd have played on and not bothered doing anything. But itís not a club game, cameras everywhere and refs are assessed and need to follow protocol, common sense doesnít come into it. But the footage is all Iím going on, Tyrone player looked the aggressor
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)