China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

This is a huge problem at the minute and a scandalous one.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/patient-safety/covid-infections-caught-in-hospital-up-by-half-in-a-week/7029320.article

Covid-19 infections likely to have been caught in hospital have increased by almost half in a week with several trusts seeing significant rises, HSJ can reveal.

Our analysis of NHS England data shows that 3,813 covid cases in hospital in the week to 10 January were likely to have been hospital acquired.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Cunny Funt

Weekly update for ROI.

Good news, first time in 5 weeks to have a weekly decrease in confirmed cases and decent one at that.

Bad news the weekly reported deaths are sadly back to weekly numbers we got in April.

Cases 25212 (20558 less than last week)
Reported Deaths 268 (181 more than last week)

In hospital 1,928 (476 than a week ago)
In ICU: 195 ( 70 more than last Sunday)

Rossfan

Big drop in cases but from  massively high rate.
Hospitals and their staffs in for a rough week or 10 days before the drop feeds in there.
At least another 4 to 6 weeks of level 5 with maybe schools and construction restarting 1st Feb.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

marty34

Quote from: Rossfan on January 17, 2021, 05:58:25 PM
Big drop in cases but from  massively high rate.
Hospitals and their staffs in for a rough week or 10 days before the drop feeds in there.
At least another 4 to 6 weeks of level 5 with maybe schools and construction restarting 1st Feb.

1st Feb is only 2 weeks away!

In hiding

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 03:39:08 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 17, 2021, 12:02:52 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on January 17, 2021, 10:38:53 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 10:09:53 AM
"There are 13 deaths that have been assessed, and we are aware of another 16 deaths that are currently being assessed," the agency said. All the reported deaths related to "elderly people with serious basic disorders," it said. "Most people have experienced the expected side effects of the vaccine, such as nausea and vomiting, fever, local reactions at the injection site, and worsening of their underlying condition."

Sorry but can you put in bold where it says the vaccine was responsible for any deaths. I see elderly people with disorders is mentioned and those who have underlying medical conditions haven't reacted well (something similar has happened to people with allergies to other medications)

Do you have a contact like Seany's engineer friend in the Norwegian medical industry that proves your point and the above is just a cover up by big pharma, WHO etc?
The deniers' narrative:

"People don't die from Covid, they die with Covid"

Also:

"People don't die with the vaccine, they die from the vaccine"

I think people die from old age. Not the virus or the vaccine, but both may contribute to elderly people and those with severe underlying health conditions dying early.

Your post there projects an awful lot. When the evidence points to the vaccine being the trigger of death, it's because they were elderly and unwell.

When elderly and unwell people die with Covid, it's not considered, all we are told is they died due to Covid.

That's the problem with people like you, you are bound by your contradictions.
Very rarely do i agree with Il Bomber but I agree here

Smurfy123

At what stage do ye executive start talking about easing restrictions?
3 weeks until they officially end
Can't see any being eased?
What is lifted first and when?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 17, 2021, 08:50:05 PM
When figures are like June 20?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

Why when figures are like June 20?

whitegoodman

Schools late Feb
Non essential retail late Mar
Restaurants mid Apr
Pubs May

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2021, 08:52:12 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 17, 2021, 08:50:05 PM
When figures are like June 20?

You've  asked when able to open up... do that when the figures are like June 20? Figures were low then, we opened up, the rest is history
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Figures still very high. Tbh I don't think anyone can think about that until we are sure that a drop on the case numbers is going to be a) a sustained drop and b) a drop on the load on the nhs. Then you would imagine it has to be phased and reassessed constantly (not that we have done that before mind you).

The wife said she read bars wouldn't open until April minimum up north. I don't know how the half of them will remain in business.

whitegoodman

Am I the only one that think the media are making a big deal out of the 16 jabs that were given to family members of staff at the hospital in Dublin ?  Maybe they should be more accurate in terms of the number of jabs they have available but surely it was the right thing to do to use them rather than throw them out ?

trailer

There'll be no chat about opening anything up in the short term. Wait to you see the deaths this week, there'll be over 20 people per day and perhaps even more than 30 each day! Hospitals are like a war zone, exhausted staff, lack of staff, no capacity, low oxygen supplies, and the patients just keep coming... I hope I am wrong but this week is going to be a real disaster.

In the wee 6 I should say.

armaghniac

Quote from: trailer on January 18, 2021, 11:35:25 AM
There'll be no chat about opening anything up in the short term. Wait to you see the deaths this week, there'll be over 20 people per day and perhaps even more than 30 each day! Hospitals are like a war zone, exhausted staff, lack of staff, no capacity, low oxygen supplies, and the patients just keep coming... I hope I am wrong but this week is going to be a real disaster.

In the whole 32. This will go on for another 3 weeks or a month, with so many cases it will take a long time to get them down.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Quote from: trailer on January 18, 2021, 11:35:25 AM

Yeah this next two weeks aren't going to be good. Hopefully the daily case numbers continue to come down at least.

I would expect this lockdown to continue to March (in the whole country).