Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 520527 times)

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #9390 on: October 21, 2020, 05:29:36 PM »
It's not at all. You said the virus was stagnating.

Nope I said the virus was stagnating as daily cases were staying fairly stable over the past fortnight, how we measure the growth of the virus is daily cases. Look you got there eventually I suppose.

It looks as though the virus has stagnated now, we are having fairly similar daily numbers for the past fortnight.

Stagnate: cease developing; become inactive or dull.

The virus hasn't stagnated at all.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: October 21, 2020, 06:08:45 PM »

Nope I said the virus was stagnating as daily cases were staying fairly stable over the past fortnight, how we measure the growth of the virus is daily cases. Look you got there eventually I suppose.

It looks as though the virus has stagnated now, we are having fairly similar daily numbers for the past fortnight.

verb (used without object), stag∑nat∑ed, stag∑nat∑ing.
to cease to run or flow, as water, air, etc.
to be or become stale or foul from standing, as a pool of water.
to stop developing, growing, progressing, or advancing:
My mind is stagnating from too much TV.
to be or become sluggish and dull:
When the leading lady left, the show started to stagnate.

Happy to help.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 06:11:39 PM by Angelo »

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #9392 on: October 21, 2020, 06:09:48 PM »

Jesus. You still don't get it.

It's the contrary, you're just a day late in getting it.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #9393 on: October 21, 2020, 06:31:55 PM »

1167 cases in the 26 and I think it was 1,030 in the 6 today.
Hope they all make a speedy recovery and don't get any ongoing damage from it.
Still Connacht Champions

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9394 on: October 21, 2020, 06:54:22 PM »

Nothing to worry about, as long as itís stagnant and  stagnating that will cure them.
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: October 21, 2020, 07:08:27 PM »

Nothing to worry about, as long as itís stagnant and  stagnating that will cure them.
::)

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #9396 on: October 21, 2020, 09:56:37 PM »
We've had a good few posters here imploring for things to be "opened up"

Yet I can't recall any of these posters ever imploring for a proper test and trace system

Or a Zero Covid system

Both of these are strategies to suppress the virus and have been shown to work when done properly

So the clear implication is that these people want to open up without either proper test and trace or Zero Covid

What sort of person wants to open up without a suppression strategy rather than open up with a suppression strategy?

Sociopaths, that's who

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #9397 on: October 21, 2020, 11:45:40 PM »

Yet I can't recall any of these posters ever imploring for a proper test and trace system

Or a Zero Covid system

Both of these are strategies to suppress the virus and have been shown to work when done properly

So the clear implication is that these people want to open up without either proper test and trace or Zero Covid

What sort of person wants to open up without a suppression strategy rather than open up with a suppression strategy?

Sociopaths, that's who

Let's hide under our beds until 2023 then.

Let's crank up domestic violence cases, unemployment and mental health problems in that time.

At what benefit?

Did you ever call for a lockdown in any of the past flu seasons? If you didn't then you're a sociopath by your own definition.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: October 21, 2020, 11:52:35 PM »
I see Angelo is in Dublinís Graftonís street tonight!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #9399 on: October 22, 2020, 12:02:13 AM »

Or a Zero Covid system

Sociopaths, that's who

Let's crank up domestic violence cases, unemployment and mental health problems in that time.

At what benefit?

Did you ever call for a lockdown in any of the past flu seasons? If you didn't then you're a sociopath by your own definition.
You're deflecting more than a Mayo defender in the first half of the 2016 All-Ireland final

Why do you want to open up society fully without a suppression strategy rather than open it up cautiously with a suppression strategy?

And why is this the loony right's continued narrative?

The logical conclusion is that the loony right sees mass death as a good thing in and of itself

And one only has to look at Trump to see this is indeed the case in reality

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #9400 on: October 22, 2020, 12:14:01 AM »
I thought I was in the Tyrone thread with all this talk of stagnating.

ballinaman

• MWWSSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9401 on: October 22, 2020, 07:46:12 AM »

Or a Zero Covid system

Sociopaths, that's who

At what benefit?

You're deflecting more than a Mayo defender in the first half of the 2016 All-Ireland final

Why do you want to open up society fully without a suppression strategy rather than open it up cautiously with a suppression strategy?

The logical conclusion is that the loony right sees mass death as a good thing in and of itself

Franko

• View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: October 22, 2020, 07:56:44 AM »
So the WHO estimated about a month back that 10% of the world's population had Covid.

That's a rough guess that 780m people had been infected.

At that time, worldwide Covid deaths were at about the 1m mark.

That's a mortality rate of 0.13%

We know that across the world that deaths have been wrongly recorded with Covid as the cause of death when there was a positive test of Covid but no symptoms had been displayed and the cause of death was in actual fact their underlying health issue or a terminal illness.

The WHO estimate that circa 400k people die with flu every year.

The mortality rate of flu is estimated to be around 0.1%.

We don't shut society down every winter to save people from dying from flu. Are the lockdown merchants ashamed of this or is death, consumption of the health service and long term impacts on people who catch it acceptable?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You've done it again

This is getting a bit surreal.

Franko

• View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: October 22, 2020, 08:00:59 AM »

The growth rate is stagnating.

The virus is not stagnating, it's still growing by hundreds/thousands of cases per day.

There's a small but critical difference.  You'll maybe get it some day.

Seaney

• View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: October 22, 2020, 08:48:40 AM »

Or a Zero Covid system

Sociopaths, that's who

At what benefit?

Lets say like in the cases in most clinical trials before any mystery vaccine comes to fruition it takes 10 years, you happy to lockdown society for a decade?