China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I do think that this time they do. Well I hope. It is just one lie after another. Surely at some stage it has to catch up with them? Surely?

Cunny Funt

No deaths today from the virus in the ROI, 59 new cases.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Minder on May 25, 2020, 05:42:06 PM
I know it's big business in Twitter world but does anyone really give a shit about it ?

People are pissed off, it's a free hit. I don't really know the ins and outs of it but I do know he has an autistic child. I mean if your going to break rules, don't get caught....especially if you made them, but all things considered, he's more guilty of being foolish than anything overly terrible.

The amazing thing is Boris is universally hated by all now, but just months ago he smashed the Labour Party to pieces. He knows he's untouchable.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on May 24, 2020, 05:24:49 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 24, 2020, 05:01:27 PM
[If they wanted to do it, they would have. In both jurisdictions. As for lockdown, one size fits all. Everyone else was doing it.....

I think you underestimate the challenges of such a large testing programme.
Lockdown has proven to be the way forward for a period, the question here is how to push on after that.

Sorry, I agree it's a big undertaking. Of course. But the virus has been 'serious' since about Feb all over Europe, initial underestimations aside in whatever form, they gave it a bit of window dressing awhile ago there but, for a modern first world country to not be able to mobilise mass testing wasn't due to lack of capability, more lack of desire.

Smurfy123

Cunny stop spreading good news!
Brilliant
Cummings interview was car crash stuff. Driving 30 minutes to test his eyesight holy fuk
Him and Johnstone had a conversation 6 weeks ago about him going but both forget
He forgets if he filled up the car. Now if you are coming home from a long journey that you are not used to taking you would always remember stopping somewhere to fill or grab a coffee
Some bull
Now let's get back to the real work and worry about Cummings when this is all over

Main Street

I know it's big business in Twitter world but does anyone really give a shit about it ?
How do you know it's big business on twitter world?
It's being reported all over the media live so obviously plenty of people give a shit.
You wouldn't know a story if it hit you with an uppercut.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 25, 2020, 05:51:54 PM

That's a huge stat I think. Hopefully it continues like this.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

good news.

well done govt, health staff and most importantly general public.

gallsman

Quote from: Main Street on May 25, 2020, 06:24:45 PM
It's being reported all over the media live so obviously plenty of people give a shit.
I imagine you know as much about news stories and boxing as you do about the popularity of basketball.

armaghniac

whereas NI has had 8 deaths and 39 cases. You may find NI lagging behind improvement, as it does in everything else.

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 25, 2020, 06:14:01 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 24, 2020, 05:24:49 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 24, 2020, 05:01:27 PM
[If they wanted to do it, they would have. In both jurisdictions. As for lockdown, one size fits all. Everyone else was doing it.....

I think you underestimate the challenges of such a large testing programme.
Lockdown has proven to be the way forward for a period, the question here is how to push on after that.

Sorry, I agree it's a big undertaking. Of course. But the virus has been 'serious' since about Feb all over Europe, initial underestimations aside in whatever form, they gave it a bit of window dressing awhile ago there but, for a modern first world country to not be able to mobilise mass testing wasn't due to lack of capability, more lack of desire.

I expect you are  talking about England, it isn't clear.
If you are talking about Ireland, the NI didn't do it because  England didn't do it and the ROI is above average in Europe for testing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Estimator

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 25, 2020, 06:09:01 PM

People are pissed off, it's a free hit. I don't really know the ins and outs of it but I do know he has an autistic child. I mean if your going to break rules, don't get caught....especially if you made them, but all things considered, he's more guilty of being foolish than anything overly terrible.

The amazing thing is Boris is universally hated by all now, but just months ago he smashed the Labour Party to pieces. He knows he's untouchable.

Seen this mentioned on twitter a lot over the last few days, but cannot find any material sources regarding this. Is it just twitter journalism that has become truth?
Ulster League Champions 2009

Minder

Quote from: Main Street on May 25, 2020, 06:24:45 PM

You are still a strange being
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Smurfy123

It says a lot about the north and south governments that the south seem to have things  under control long before the north.
Some different what we hear from Harris and co from the south always giving updates feedback encouragement and all you get from the north here is negativity stay home save life's.
That's all you get from here
Harris and co take a bow

RadioGAAGAA

Any sign of those links to your R0 assertions Smurfy?
i usse an speelchekor

Smurfy123

I've said before radio the numbers that matter to me are
A- Deaths 0 in south
B- ICU and dropping below 35 in south

Not the R number
Or cases
If someone picks up a flu they will generally be fine
Now I will continue to watch for those 2