Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 614560 times)

shantygael

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #3735 on: April 16, 2020, 10:15:00 PM »
Just saw an "official" government letter regarding pubs opening,the 1st September  is the date at the minute ,no earlier.

This letter?

https://mobile.twitter.com/newschambers/status/1250841549082169346
Yip,that's why I have official in inverted commas
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

HiMucker

• View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: April 16, 2020, 10:18:36 PM »

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: April 16, 2020, 10:26:41 PM »
Few crazies in charge of a few countries these days....#understatement

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: April 16, 2020, 10:31:10 PM »
I haven't been on here in a while but would like some advice if someone could be so kind.

A friend of mine works in Belfast but has been working from home at her parents in Fermanagh.

Today she received word that as of next week she has to return to the office and start working from there again. They are staggering workers back to the office.

She has very bad asthma and suffers with anxiety.

Can they enforce this given the UK governments stance of if you can work from home you must?

She does not feel comfortable with this plan whatsoever!

Once those companies are named and shamed on Social Media they might back down, but I thought the call from the government was work from home if you can... Strange one

If companies are working within the guidance (see my previous post) then why would they be named and shamed.  Keeping businesses closed for a long time is only going to jeopardise those businesses remaining viable.  Not sure why anyone would like that to happen.

It’s not closed and if you can do the job from home why go into an office?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: April 16, 2020, 11:03:31 PM »
I haven't been on here in a while but would like some advice if someone could be so kind.

A friend of mine works in Belfast but has been working from home at her parents in Fermanagh.

Today she received word that as of next week she has to return to the office and start working from there again. They are staggering workers back to the office.

Can they enforce this given the UK governments stance of if you can work from home you must?

I'd chat to a lawyer if I were you. I can't remember which act it is (Either the Employment Protection Consolidation Act or the Health and Safety at Work Act) that says you don't have to do anything that might cause an injury. We have similar laws here in California. I was about to ring a lawyer when my wife's employer came close to demanding that she go into the office to do work that could just as easily have been done remotely. She works in a public agency which is deemed an "essential service" but that still doesn't mean she can be forced against her will to do something that might put herself or members of her household in danger. And it's illegal to retaliate against her for refusing to do anything dangerous. I'd imagine there are similar protections in UK law.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: April 16, 2020, 11:44:33 PM »

If she can do her work from home then she should continue to work from him.
But if, for example, she worked in manufacturing then her employer could make her go into work.
According to government guidance manufacturing should still be continuing in the UK, where social distance should be maintained as much as possible, but if it can't be then other precautions should be put in place.  These instructions are here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/social-distancing-in-the-workplace-during-coronavirus-covid-19-sector-guidance#manufacturing-and-processing-businesses

It is down to the company to determine if she can work from home and do her job to same level.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: April 17, 2020, 12:02:51 AM »

But if, for example, she worked in manufacturing then her employer could make her go into work.
According to government guidance manufacturing should still be continuing in the UK, where social distance should be maintained as much as possible, but if it can't be then other precautions should be put in place.  These instructions are here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/social-distancing-in-the-workplace-during-coronavirus-covid-19-sector-guidance#manufacturing-and-processing-businesses

It is down to the company to determine if she can work from home and do her job to same level.

So if you can prove the job is done correctly at home then you should be allowed.

Automatically you are then putting more people on the roads, interacting with shops, petrol stations buses or trains, more risk of poor social distancing measures.

Why not stick it out? Seems to be going against what the ‘experts’ are saying
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: April 17, 2020, 12:15:33 AM »
Was on Facebook and I’ve seen the light now... Bill Gates has done this so he can make the vaccine and the microchip us all so he controls the world.

PLANdemic!

Don’t be a sheep... the truth is out there!!

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: April 17, 2020, 12:22:33 AM »
Yeah i went down that rabbit hole one eve, ended it with the discovery that Hilary C ate a child few yrs back theres videos and all....

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: April 17, 2020, 12:28:05 AM »
Yeah i went down that rabbit hole one eve, ended it with the discovery that Hilary C ate a child few yrs back theres videos and all....

Janey mac, you'd think the likes of her would be vegetarian!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #3745 on: April 17, 2020, 12:29:07 AM »
Gates must be some man to convince the Chinese to pretend there's a new virus, to convince the Italians that loads of them have caught it and died from it, likewise the Spanish and French.
Trump and Bozo initially saw through his plan but he obviously bribed both of them to come on board and bring in lockdowns etc.
But luckily Gemma and John Waters have seen through it all and the Irish Courts will put a stop to the dastardly plan.

Dumb and Dumberer.....
Division 2 Champions and Connacht Champions (Minor)

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: April 17, 2020, 12:49:26 AM »

Janey mac, you'd think the likes of her would be vegetarian!

Lol. I followed them for the craic so will report back as things develop. Ps theres no actual covid its just a ruse to allow donald to be the hero as he smashes the biggest paedo ring in the world with thousands of children being released...

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: April 17, 2020, 01:10:06 AM »

So if you can prove the job is done correctly at home then you should be allowed.

Automatically you are then putting more people on the roads, interacting with shops, petrol stations buses or trains, more risk of poor social distancing measures.

Why not stick it out? Seems to be going against what the ‘experts’ are saying

Saw a good one today. "I was falling quickly but the parachute has slowed my descent and I haven't fallen to my death yet. That must mean it's time to take it off."

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: April 17, 2020, 01:17:21 AM »
Mental stuff
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-52316150

I met a Bolsonaro supporter at a party a few years back. She was as mad as a box of frogs. You thought Trump supporters were as thick as champ? I asked her what good she thought Bolsonaro was going to do.

Her: You don't know what it's like in the favelas! People are getting shot! People are getting murdered!
Me: Okay, but what's Bolsonaro going to go about it?
Her: He's going to fix it!
Me: How's he going to do that? By shooting more people?
Her: You don't know what it's like!
Me: How's he going to fix it?
Her: Brazil needs a strong leader like Bolsonaro! He's going to fix things! You don't know what it's like! You have no idea!
Me: So was Pinochet good for Chile?
Her: Huh?
Me: Was Pinochet good for Chile?
Her: No
Me: Was Galtieri good for Argentina?
Her: No
Me: When has a dictator ever been good for South America?
Her: This is different!
Me: How?
Her: This time it's going to be different! Bolsonaro is going to fix everything! We need a strong leader! You don't know what it's like in the favelas! People are getting shot every day! Children getting shot! You have no idea what it's like! Bolsonaro is going to deal with it! We need him!
Me: Yes, quite. I need to go for another drink…

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: April 17, 2020, 06:18:34 AM »
Lookit