Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 255664 times)

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #2610 on: March 29, 2020, 03:24:23 PM »

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: March 29, 2020, 03:24:32 PM »
I see Americas are encouraged to wear face masks when out and about while this side of the world we are told the opposite.

Which is the correct advice, are we told that because healthcare workers would have a big shortage of masks?

I do a lot of business with the Chinese and Hong Kong, every one of them is telling me we are crazy here not wearing masks, they cannot believe it. They have two effects, one is minimising the chance of getting airborn infection if someone sneezes / coughs etc and the second is you are less likely to touch your mouth or nose when one is on. In addition you can buy self testing kits for only US11 each, I can access them but only problem is the minimum order is 10,000

On the street the mask is of marginal use, it is of more use in a train or the like. If you wanted a mask here could you get one, or many of course since you are not supposed to wear the same one multiple times.

Thatís the crux of the problem I am trying to get at, the no wearing masks and lack of benefits of the mask is what we are being told by our governments etc, this is not what the Chinese are being told and they are handling things much more effectively than we are

China is much more densely populated for one and fact is from the WHO that this is being pulled off surfaces by touching, not so much from air. People working closely with the sick should be getting priority  if we have a billion .and then sure, give every Tom, Dick and Harry one

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: March 29, 2020, 03:31:57 PM »
I was down the local town yesterday evening, a fine day at 5pm. One of the biggest beaches in Ireland, I could see only 2 people on it from up on the promenade. Thats unheard off. I can only say in my neck of the woods this is now been taken very seriously by a very high % of people.

Moorway traffic today is 8-11% of that on a Sunday 3 weeks ago.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #2613 on: March 29, 2020, 07:04:01 PM »
200 new cases and another 10 deaths in the 26 today.
Over 500 health workers now tested positive.
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

GJL

• View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: March 29, 2020, 08:09:09 PM »
So Boris is spending approximately £6M sending out letters to every house in the UK whilst staff on the frontline donít have appropriate PPE. A completely incompetent fool.

seafoid

• View Profile
Lookit

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: March 29, 2020, 08:15:58 PM »

And 6 in the occupied counties. Sadly, both these numbers are a significant death rate for the number of cases a week or 10 days ago and that is when the health system is still with capacity. It moves Ireland up the league table of fatalities, things seemed better a week ago.
Hopefully, the health workers will do OK and that they are then immune. Apparently, people that got SARS have still antibodies 15 years later, which is encouraging.

So Boris is spending approximately £6M sending out letters to every house in the UK whilst staff on the frontline donít have appropriate PPE. A completely incompetent fool.

The two things are not connected, as the PPE is not in short supply because of purely financial reasons. The proper conduct of people will help the NHS and if the letter helps that then the money will be well spent.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 08:22:03 PM by armaghniac »

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: March 29, 2020, 08:16:46 PM »

Heís no PPE to give out
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

GJL

• View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: March 29, 2020, 08:51:42 PM »

Heís no PPE to give out

The letter will just have the same information that is available on any and every media outlet in existence. I'm sure there would be a better way to spend £6m than a PR stunt by Boris.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: March 29, 2020, 09:05:34 PM »

Heís no PPE to give out

The letter will just have the same information that is available on any and every media outlet in existence. I'm sure there would be a better way to spend £6m than a PR stunt by Boris.

I work with a serious amount of over 70ís the vast majority donít have internet nor smart phones or anything that would resemble a computer. They depend on their kids and tv radio, if Boris is going to send them a personal letter theyíll read it
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: March 29, 2020, 09:10:12 PM »

Heís no PPE to give out

There are still people who haven't got the message, £6m is 10p per person, if it reinforces the message then it will do some good.
Plenty of things to get at Boris for, but this isn't the worst.  Anything that causes me to agree will Milltown is surely remarkable.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: March 29, 2020, 10:35:33 PM »

And almost 90 people in critical care which means a lot more to come.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: March 29, 2020, 10:47:11 PM »
Trump sounding very queasy here!!

Saffrongael

• View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: March 29, 2020, 10:50:31 PM »

Heís no PPE to give out

I work with a serious amount of over 70ís the vast majority donít have internet nor smart phones or anything that would resemble a computer. They depend on their kids and tv radio, if Boris is going to send them a personal letter theyíll read it

Good point, Twitter/Facebook isnít the real world as some people seem to forget

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: March 29, 2020, 11:59:10 PM »
Correct, the social media echo chamber is continually shown up for what it is, the UK General Election should have been a watershed moment but wasn't.