China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: five points on March 23, 2020, 12:24:14 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2020, 12:16:48 PM
Quote from: five points on March 23, 2020, 12:13:15 PM

Entering a supermarket is a far bigger risk than any walk.

Yes, but you need to eat to survive and in order to do so, need to purchase food. Not everyone can do this fisting Amazon Pantry or similar. You don't need to go somewhere to go a walk.

You don't have to hang around the offlicence area of a supermarket with your drinking buddies in order to survive.

Smaller shops and filling stations are observing protocols to minimise Covid 19 risk. Asda aren't bothering. They need to be made bother.

Of course you don't, and twats like that should be called out but that doesn't change the face that people need to go to grocery shopping. They don't need to leave the home to go for a walk.

Milltown Row2

Few things I've noticed in Belfast today, the bar next door has had all their drink removed and the joiners were measuring up the windows to board them up!

All the shops have employed one out one in policy, brilliant. And they have all the stuff you need, though only allowed two items per item. Great.

The town is dead. Hopefully people catch on, but I've still patients looking to come in! These people are in their 70's or older! We've a policy where they come in and wash hands and put gloves on, we also have gloves and a mask! Or preferably they hand it their aids and I service them.

It's feels ok strangely, but I've had people call to have tests! And angry because I've said no!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: five points on March 23, 2020, 12:13:15 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2020, 12:07:38 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 23, 2020, 12:05:02 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2020, 12:02:43 PM
Walking the dog and allowing them to their business is fine. The problem is people use the dog as an excuse to get out themselves. Also, people in Belfast still think taking a drive to get to Cavehill to take the dog walking is fine. It's not.

Driving your car to somewhere where are few people is perfectly responsible.

No it's not, because you know what? Other people like to do that too. All you are doing is heightening the risk, no matter how small you think.

Entering a supermarket is a far bigger risk than any walk. Asda in Omagh on Friday night was a disgrace, groups of oul fellas with no pub to go to loitering and chatting in the narrow off-licence aisle and nobody there to hunt them on, nor a sign nor precaution to be seen anywhere.  If this is the best that one of the world's biggest retailers can do, there's no point in blaming people for getting out for some fresh air.

Yeah could encounter a idiot like this. https://mobile.twitter.com/ezralevant/status/1241800198684168192

Mourne Red

Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2020, 12:07:38 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 23, 2020, 12:05:02 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2020, 12:02:43 PM
Walking the dog and allowing them to their business is fine. The problem is people use the dog as an excuse to get out themselves. Also, people in Belfast still think taking a drive to get to Cavehill to take the dog walking is fine. It's not.

Driving your car to somewhere where are few people is perfectly responsible.

No it's not, because you know what? Other people like to do that too. All you are doing is heightening the risk, no matter how small you think.

Went to go to beach to walk the dog yesterday where we would train with the club and you wouldn't see a soul normally, decided to turn back home as had never seen the beach as busy in my life - Cars parked everywhere, just walking the dog in fields near the house now.. Think it's time for BoJo to Lockdown up here.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 23, 2020, 12:32:38 PM
Few things I've noticed in Belfast today, the bar next door has had all their drink removed and the joiners were measuring up the windows to board them up!

All the shops have employed one out one in policy, brilliant. And they have all the stuff you need, though only allowed two items per item. Great.

The town is dead.
Hopefully people catch on, but I've still patients looking to come in!These people are in their 70's or older! We've a policy where they come in and wash hands and put gloves on, we also have gloves and a mask! Or preferably they hand it their aids and I service them.

It's feels ok strangely, but I've had people call to have tests! And angry because I've said no!

Sounds like Belfast in the 80s but the Europa Hotel's windows are probably safe.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Some people seem to live in a bubble of some sort or other. Maybe because they can't relate to all the deaths in Italy and China, I don't know but we'll soon be in a shit storm in a week or two's time and then it's too late if not already!

Local Centra yesterday there's signs everywhere about spacing and the likes and there in front of me is a dad and his two kids shopping as normal.

Leave the kids in the car, moron.

I'm mates with the owner and he was floating about in a stressed manner and I told him to ban all kids under 17 from the shop as the odds of them coming in for essential items are pretty low as most people have to drive to the shop in question.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on March 23, 2020, 01:06:36 PM
Some people seem to live in a bubble of some sort or other. Maybe because they can't relate to all the deaths in Italy and China, I don't know but we'll soon be in a shit storm in a week or two's time and then it's too late if not already!

Local Centra yesterday there's signs everywhere about spacing and the likes and there in front of me is a dad and his two kids shopping as normal.

Leave the kids in the car, moron.

I'm mates with the owner and he was floating about in a stressed manner and I told him to ban all kids under 17 from the shop as the odds of them coming in for essential items are pretty low as most people have to drive to the shop in question.

Centra in town is closed, was open first thing today
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

larryin89

The crux of the issue here is social distancing will only work if everyone is abiding by the guidelines which they are not , I still don't understand why we can't lockdown partly , let's go with under 20s first off , under house arrest sin e. Gawd love the poor creatures , food , drink , tv, internet etc , my heart fook in bleeds .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 23, 2020, 12:32:38 PM

You were deaf to their pleas.

Some people need a cop on test and if they fail that they should not be allowed out, never mind becoming Stormont ministers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 23, 2020, 09:07:19 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 22, 2020, 11:23:13 PM
Yis can totally agree all you want but you're wrong. Food production is of primary importance everywhere, all links in the chain are key workers it can't be left to break down or there will be total anarchy - that aint happening on any Government's watch.

If half those links in the chain get the virus then the number of people they spread it to will completely overwhelm the NHS/HSE and then your looking at Italian mortality rates.
I know what you're saying but it doesnt matter, the show must go on because it has to. I'm a public sector worker & a key worker, there's overtime mid week nights and weekends for the foreseeable, whoever's fit to work - works, some staff have retreated into long term self isolation, but the rest are expected to pick up the slack. How if pans out long term is anyone's guess.

Rich Ricci

I work in recycling and having been around the recycling centres today I have to say I'm disgusted. Queues out till the road, more activity today than there has been since Christmas. People are treating this like they're on their holidays. I'm mad to get off and away from this to protect myself and my family but can't until I'm told our I lose out financially.

Johnson needs to call a lock down immediately.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on March 23, 2020, 01:25:02 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 23, 2020, 09:07:19 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 22, 2020, 11:23:13 PM
Yis can totally agree all you want but you're wrong. Food production is of primary importance everywhere, all links in the chain are key workers it can't be left to break down or there will be total anarchy - that aint happening on any Government's watch.

If half those links in the chain get the virus then the number of people they spread it to will completely overwhelm the NHS/HSE and then your looking at Italian mortality rates.
I know what you're saying but it doesnt matter, the show must go on because it has to. I'm a public sector worker & a key worker, there's overtime mid week nights and weekends for the foreseeable, whoever's fit to work - works, some staff have retreated into long term self isolation, but the rest are expected to pick up the slack. How if pans out long term is anyone's guess.
It's hard enough to isolate when everybody and their aunt is a key-worker, especially in the north as half the place is employed in the public sector.

trailer

If one thing is evident Stormont and our Politicians are completely unfit for purpose. When things were at there worst, we've been abandoned.

Close schools - No clear guidance
Social distancing - No clear guidance or enforcement
Health Service - Completely under prepared
Not enough PPE

It's at this point that you realise that voting for people based on how Orange or Green they are and not electing competent people has been a huge mistake.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rich Ricci on March 23, 2020, 01:31:28 PM
I work in recycling and having been around the recycling centres today I have to say I'm disgusted. Queues out till the road, more activity today than there has been since Christmas. People are treating this like they're on their holidays. I'm mad to get off and away from this to protect myself and my family but can't until I'm told our I lose out financially.

Johnson needs to call a lock down immediately.

This kind of thing shows that many people do not engage their brain. We may all go to the recycling centre in the next while, but you don't need to rush there on Monday morning. In 3 or 4 days it will be quiet enough.

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2020, 01:33:31 PM
It's hard enough to isolate when everybody and their aunt is a key-worker, especially in the north as half the place is employed in the public sector.

yet, there is nobody to run testing centres and contact tracing?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

I live in the countryside, 2 miles from a bigish beach. About 10 miles away from a big town.

Today I am in work (on lunch). Here is what my factory are doing...

- 2m social distancing
- People on patrol to check social distancing is being observed
- Posters and info everywhere.
- Canteen restrictions, 1/2 the chairs have been removed
- People encouraged to eat in their cars.
- Every desk has a sanitiser or Detrol spray on it.

Outside the factory town is dead. Every type of Shop is closed apart from Tesco, Lidl and Dunnes and your couple of corner shops and filling stations. Everything else is gone.
People are out walking but most seem to be adhering to 2m social distancing.

For me the biggest risk is not going to work, it is going to the shop. I go on my own, leave kids at home. When I leave my car I focus a lot on not touching my face, get the shopping trolley and use wipe to clean the handles. Do the shopping, avoiding people as much as possible. It is not possible of course to completely socialy avoid people in Tesco but I do my best. My big protection here is not to touch my face.

I get back to the car and before I drive off I get sanitiser and wash my hands. When I get home I wipe down the packaging of the food I buy. Its not 100% pr