Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 515076 times)

Itchy

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #1350 on: March 16, 2020, 02:58:52 PM »
How many boarders are off work and self isolating?

In a factory, have to keep going in.

Unless youíre making ventilator machines Iíd say get home

I wish I could lad but no more than nurses and doctors, the people serving us in the shops etc we have to keep going or people will die of other things.

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 16, 2020, 03:08:53 PM »
Iím off till Wednesday, itís a fluid situation and our Danish CEO has spoken and said they will look after us, I donít see how they will if some of the experts on here think 18 months before getting on with our lives again

Its like talking with a 5 year old.

18 months won't mean at 17 months and 29 days its full lockdown and at 18 months 0 days its a free-for-all do whatever ye want.

If a perfect lockdown was initiated today, then within 2 months everyone will either be (i)cured and have at least short term immunity, (ii)dead or (iii)not exposed. No lockdown is perfect, so in reality you'll have a continued number of people being exposed and falling ill. The degree of lockdown required depends on whether the health services can cope with that number of fresh illnesses.

Of course, the thing is, the sooner a lockdown is initiated, the much smaller the growth would be - after all - 200 potential lockdown leaks is alot better than 200,000 potential lockdown leaks.  But Bozo and his team of elite fuckwits know best.

"If you have to go outside put on gumboots or stout shoes, a hat or headscarf, coat done up to the neck, and gloves,"
- British government advice for dealing with nuclear war

Nothing has changed. There are still too many ignorant peasants all to willing to fall at the feet of the gentry and laud their intelligence - and snipe at anyone else having the sense to say "this is bullshit".
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 16, 2020, 03:11:42 PM »
How many boarders are off work and self isolating?

In a factory, have to keep going in.

Unless youíre making ventilator machines Iíd say get home

I wish I could lad but no more than nurses and doctors, the people serving us in the shops etc we have to keep going or people will die of other things.

At this rate Iíll have to go back to the tools, Ďainít nothing going on but the rentí ďgot to have a J O Bí
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 16, 2020, 03:13:49 PM »
Working from home starting today. Will probably have to go in the odd day though. Kids are off school too.

But still exposing yourself to others? Not sexually of course  ;)

My point is, that period youíre out and interacting with anything that contains the virus youíll bring it home. Surely itís self isolate or not all and be sensible when out (wash hands no touching no sneezing and all the other stuff)

Iím off till Wednesday, itís a fluid situation and our Danish CEO has spoken and said they will look after us, I donít see how they will if some of the experts on here think 18 months before getting on with our lives again

Just doubling down with your nonsense now MR2.

Still taking the piss out of people who said how serious it was last week

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 16, 2020, 03:16:47 PM »

Its like talking with a 5 year old.

18 months won't mean at 17 months and 29 days its full lockdown and at 18 months 0 days its a free-for-all do whatever ye want.

If a perfect lockdown was initiated today, then within 2 months everyone will either be (i)cured and have at least short term immunity, (ii)dead or (iii)not exposed. No lockdown is perfect, so in reality you'll have a continued number of people being exposed and falling ill. The degree of lockdown required depends on whether the health services can cope with that number of fresh illnesses.

Of course, the thing is, the sooner a lockdown is initiated, the much smaller the growth would be - after all - 200 potential lockdown leaks is alot better than 200,000 potential lockdown leaks.  But Bozo and his team of elite fuckwits know best.

"If you have to go outside put on gumboots or stout shoes, a hat or headscarf, coat done up to the neck, and gloves,"
- British government advice for dealing with nuclear war

Nothing has changed. There are still too many ignorant peasants all to willing to fall at the feet of the gentry and laud their intelligence - and snipe at anyone else having the sense to say "this is bullshit".

Youíve given no information there at all, the 18 months Iíd said was the period the real experts believe that a vaccine will be available. It could be ten or 20 months but timescales are given font lose your shit if those times donít happen.

Al the other other stuff the five year olds already know, are you at work?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 16, 2020, 03:18:31 PM »
Working from home starting today. Will probably have to go in the odd day though. Kids are off school too.

My point is, that period youíre out and interacting with anything that contains the virus youíll bring it home. Surely itís self isolate or not all and be sensible when out (wash hands no touching no sneezing and all the other stuff)

When did I post I wasnít taking it serious? Put up a post where I said itís all a hoax or stop worrying it wonít happen

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 16, 2020, 03:21:28 PM »
In terms of a vaccine, and I admit I am no expert, I would be a little more optomistic. I think it is likely that the vaccine wont be hugely different than some other vaccine that may allow them to leverage of old trials. Also, if shit gets bad enough they may ok a vaccine on high risk patients who in turn will effectively become guinea pigs - obviously ethically dodgy grounds but if people are in real danger they may be willing to take the chance. Again - not an expert, just a hunch.

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 16, 2020, 03:22:57 PM »
Youíve given no information there at all, the 18 months Iíd said was the period the real experts believe that a vaccine will be available. It could be ten or 20 months but timescales are given font lose your shit if those times donít happen.

You used the term "experts on here".

Al the other other stuff the five year olds already know, are you at work?

The joys of citrix. Can do it from home.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 16, 2020, 03:26:10 PM »
In terms of a vaccine, and I admit I am no expert, I would be a little more optomistic. I think it is likely that the vaccine wont be hugely different than some other vaccine that may allow them to leverage of old trials.

Despite SARS and MERS (both of which are coronavirus), there has yet to be a successful vaccine developed for a coronavirus.
i usse an speelchekor

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 16, 2020, 03:28:57 PM »

When did I post I wasnít taking it serious? Put up a post where I said itís all a hoax or stop worrying it wonít happen

Who mentioned you said it was a hoax?  :o

You are clearly being sarcastic saying the 'experts on here'..........

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 16, 2020, 03:30:19 PM »
In terms of a vaccine, and I admit I am no expert, I would be a little more optomistic. I think it is likely that the vaccine wont be hugely different than some other vaccine that may allow them to leverage of old trials.

Despite SARS and MERS (both of which are coronavirus), there has yet to be a successful vaccine developed for a coronavirus.

Mind you, work on a SARS vaccine petered out when the disease itself petered out. Medical science has greatly eveloped since then and  this is the  big one, where everyone will be working on a vaccine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 16, 2020, 03:38:06 PM »

Mind you, work on a SARS vaccine petered out when the disease itself petered out. Medical science has greatly eveloped since then and  this is the  big one, where everyone will be working on a vaccine.

Probably the biggest challenge would be ramping up production of anything that was developed. I'd be hoping the people who make say the flu vaccine could switch over their manufacturing lines. That said I have no idea if that is possible or easy.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 16, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »
Pure coincidence just saw this...

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51906604

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 16, 2020, 03:50:58 PM »

Who mentioned you said it was a hoax?  :o

You are clearly being sarcastic saying the 'experts on here'..........

So by your definition of me taking the piss I wasnít being serious about this?

The experts on here are limited to whatís on news feeds from real experts. Here in lies the problem, so many various predictions on how itís going to pan out, who knows definitively?

Different scales of disaster movie on here!

The simplest thing to do is keep distance and ensure good hygiene. Self isolation if youíre in that group of elderly or underlying conditions.

The Trap

• View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 16, 2020, 04:02:16 PM »
What are the chances of Sky and BT reducing the monthly bills to reflect there being no sport? Or will we all have to ring individually and hold for ages!!!!
Could be a case of every penny counts.
What about other bills:
Mortgage
Rates
Loan payments
Car payments
Household Bills
Any chance of any of those being put on hold?