Quote from: Angelo on October 28, 2020, 12:44:34 PM
Also on Covid deaths.

By age profile:

96% of deaths were 60 or over
93% of deaths were 65 or over
88% of deaths were 70 or over
80% of deaths were 75 or over
66% of deaths were 80 or over

Now that doesn't even take into consideration the underlying health conditions.

Covid is the listed cause of death of 38 people under the age of 60 to August this year not withstanding underlying health conditions of these people and the fact we know that Covid deaths are overstated.

At what point do we look at this data and say the consequences of lockdowns are of far greater concern than that.

Angelo is asking the right question, just a few months (or lockdowns) ahead of most other people in fairness.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on October 28, 2020, 12:50:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2020, 12:43:37 PM
Ok Angelo your points are very valid and spot on. Now that we have established that can we get your plan on the following:

Reducing covid spikes
Reducing hospital admissions
Reduced staffing in hospitals

A general break down of how we can balance the current situation with the high number of abuse cases, the higher number of cancer treatments being left out, the millions of GP's patients missing appointments and so on..

Don't give me a question back please, just if you can solve the problem we have currently and back it up with stats that would apply for this place rather than a different country. Take into consideration our current poor health service with limited resources we've had that's historical

Spikes are going to happen, we just have to ride it out.

The deaths were interesting. We had 2,101 in Jan 2018. I mentioned it on this very thread a few weeks back. I had the Aussie flu in 2018, it was a bad dose that had me in bed for close to a week and took a few months to get back to 100%. Now what could explain such a death spike in Jan 2018 do you think? Did we shut down society? No.

We have social measures in place now, bars aren't the same, restaurants aren't the same, sporting events aren't the same, weddings aren't the same, working isn't the same, entertainment isn't the same, retail oulets aren't the same. We have masks, social distancing, hand hygiene, limited capacities, working from home to counter Covid - we stick with that for however long we need to but what do we think will happen when we come out of Lockdown this time - cases remain low? Not going to happen, they'll rise again to similar levels and we're back to square one. We try and ride this out and we puts resources and money into the health service in an expedient manner. It is priority number and it's a huge failure of government it wasn't adequately addressed first time around.

But we need to get on with life, conscious of Covid and keep drilling that message home.

But this isn't seasonal flu, and a lot of people get the flu jab to help protect themselves from getting it

Wearing masks and following the hygiene procedures is grand, but if we open up the bars and cafes and places we'll be spiking constantly as its been shown this time round. I don't have the answer but knowing I might need a bed if I become sick and none is available isn't a great thing

Going forward, yes money and training needs to be a priority and that will help future pandemics, as we've opened up Pandora's box here and we could possibly have other pandemics in the future far worse than now.

All of what you have said will have a impact on social and economic ways.

Because the death rate is in the higher age bracket do we just forget about them? Bit like the old film Logan's Run, classic were we had an age limit of 21!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 28, 2020, 12:58:38 PM
Also on Covid deaths.

By age profile:

Covid is the listed cause of death of 38 people under the age of 60 to August this year not withstanding underlying health conditions of these people and the fact we know that Covid deaths are overstated.

At what point do we look at this data and say the consequences of lockdowns are of far greater concern than that.

Angelo is asking the right question, just a few months (or lockdowns) ahead of most other people in fairness.

Lockdowns are an absolute last resort when you are out of ideas. This thing was running amuck again hence this lockdown.

There were attempts to avoid lockdown after last time by less stringent measures and they didn't work.

Yes they need to find out what does work but at the minute no one has those answers which is why we are where we are.

Seaney

Quote from: Angelo on October 28, 2020, 11:07:42 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 28, 2020, 11:02:07 AM
For the Thickos
More cases of Covid =more people needing hospitalisation = more cases in ICU = less hospital/ICU space for people with  other diseases.

More importantly, for the thickos here:

More lockdowns and excessive measures = more people losing their jobs and livelihoods, more economic damage, more mental health problems, more suicides, more cases of domestic violence and sexual abuse for vulnerable people, more people with physical and mental disabilities being deprived of proper care and support, more cases of addicts relapsing due to lack of support services and long term societal impacts of these issues and many more.

I feel there is a section on here who have chosen a narrative and refuse to look at the wider picture, personal abuse seems to be the way when one questions the narrative.

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2020, 11:14:17 AM
Quote from: Seaney on October 28, 2020, 10:03:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2020, 09:03:17 AM
Quote from: Seaney on October 28, 2020, 08:56:11 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2020, 10:37:44 PM
I know 13 have died in last 24 for Covid Antrim hospital at 114% in admissions.

To answer your question Every thing is affected, if we can reduce the numbers getting it then all those other areas can be fixed quicker, the hospitals can only take in so much.

Do you feel we should open up more?

I feel covid shouldn't take priority over all other illnesses.  I also know the deaths attributed to covid are skewed.

All deaths? And what about the admissions to hospital? are they skewed as well?

Oh we only do questions.  Where did I say all deaths? Do you think people who need medical care are being abandoned because of the prioritisation of covid? I mentioned before I personally know a doctor who was sent to a covid ward every Thursday and done nothing. Who looked after her appointments that day?  You think a doctor in a pandemic doing nothing whilst at work is a good use of resources?  You think in anyway the public is being failed by the NHS, and yes we know your da is getting treatment and you and your daughter are ok with getting appointments.

I don't believe someone that needs urgent medical care is being left out.. If I was in a car accident I'd say the doctors in A&E won't leave me in the street, if I hurt my back or some other non life threating issue I'll be seen in A&E it'll just take longer and that's fine.

Doctor surgeries are still open, you phone them they phone you back and triage you there and if necessary bring you in or recommend a&e .. Millions of people are being seen by GP's

So you don't believe cancer treatment is urgent medical care, seriously? I never said GP's are closed I said millions of GP appointments are being missed, do you know they are not?   Do you think breast screening is not urgent medical care?  Do you think folk sitting at home in pain because their surgery was cancelled is not urgent medical care?  You seem determined to state the obvious and ignore the very obvious.

Seaney

Quote from: Seaney on October 28, 2020, 10:03:29 AM

Oh we only do questions.  Where did I say all deaths? Do you think people who need medical care are being abandoned because of the prioritisation of covid? I mentioned before I personally know a doctor who was sent to a covid ward every Thursday and done nothing. Who looked after her appointments that day?  You think a doctor in a pandemic doing nothing whilst at work is a good use of resources?  You think in anyway the public is being failed by the NHS, and yes we know your da is getting treatment and you and your daughter are ok with getting appointments.

Did you answer that one?

Seaney

Quote from: Taylor on October 28, 2020, 11:17:25 AM
Just a question regarding the hospitals.

One of the reasons many surgeries are being cancelled is because there are not enough staff to go around because many are self isolating or have caught Covid.

What do the people arguing about hospital capacities/cancellations etc suggest is done to stop this?

What about doctors manning empty covid centres?

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 28, 2020, 01:25:12 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 28, 2020, 12:58:38 PM
Also on Covid deaths.

By age profile:

Lockdowns are an absolute last resort when you are out of ideas. This thing was running amuck again hence this lockdown.

There were attempts to avoid lockdown after last time by less stringent measures and they didn't work.

Yes they need to find out what does work but at the minute no one has those answers which is why we are where we are.

We had 13 deaths yesterday, I'd like to hear some context of the people who are dying. Are they elderly, have underlying health conditions, elderly with underlying health conditions, this is something that is not being communicated to people. Is Covid really the cause of death here?

Sadly there is no perfect solution to this but it's important we take the best solution and I think the public are being shielded from a lot of very important and relevant data.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Seaney

Quote from: JoG2 on October 28, 2020, 12:11:34 PM
Derry ICU at max capacity right now.

And the rest of the hospital beds, they maxed out too?

Seaney

Ok Angelo your points are very valid and spot on. Now that we have established that can we get your plan on the following:

Reducing covid spikes

A general break down of how we can balance the current situation with the high number of abuse cases, the higher number of cancer treatments being left out, the millions of GP's patients missing appointments and so on..

Don't give me a question back please, just if you can solve the problem we have currently and back it up with stats that would apply for this place rather than a different country. Take into consideration our current poor health service with limited resources we've had that's historical

That has to be the funniest thing I have read on this board.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on October 28, 2020, 01:42:19 PM

Reducing covid spikes

That has to be the funniest thing I have read on this board.

Seaney, you're the funniest thing on this board, ya we liar  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Why do we accept so many deaths in January each year?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Seaney on October 28, 2020, 01:40:29 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 28, 2020, 12:11:34 PM
Derry ICU at max capacity right now.

And the rest of the hospital beds, they maxed out too?

There's a difference in the wards I'm sure.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on October 28, 2020, 01:56:08 PM
Why do we accept so many deaths in January each year?

People are getting a little sense of mortality perhaps with Covid. Usually it would be a shrug of the shoulders or that's very sad.....but it seems Covid can affect their lives, whereas other things like cancer or the likes seem far away and therefore "accepted".

Taylor

Quote from: Seaney on October 28, 2020, 01:37:11 PM
Quote from: Taylor on October 28, 2020, 11:17:25 AM
Just a question regarding the hospitals.

One of the reasons many surgeries are being cancelled is because there are not enough staff to go around because many are self isolating or have caught Covid.

What do the people arguing about hospital capacities/cancellations etc suggest is done to stop this?

What about doctors manning empty covid centres?

Is that an answer to the question or is it another question?